PDA

View Full Version : CueTech - Dallas, TX

Scott Lee
04-29-2003, 10:11 PM
As I travel around the country and get to meet more CCB'rs, I seem to develop new friendships wherever I go. Another aspect of constant travel also allows me to meet with fellow instructors, with whom I throughly enjoy sharing information about teaching techniques and teaching environments.

Twice this past week, I have enjoyed spending several hours visiting Cue Tech, here in Dallas, TX. I have to say, this has to be one of the finest teaching facilities anywhere in the world. The facility itself, is very conducive to easy learning, with multiple pool tables, and plenty of room for classroom learning, as well. RandyG has surrounded himself with several knowledgeable, enthusiastic instructors, who, like himself, strive to present learning pool in the most positive light. I really liked comparing teaching techniques with Randy, and it was enlightening to see that we were on exactly the same page about almost everything we teach. He even shared with me a hands-on approach to a"not-so-new" aiming system, that proved to me that even an old dog CAN learn some new tricks! One of the trademarks of a good teacher is the awareness, desire, and an open mind needed to continue learning...regardless of level of teaching ability. Both Randy and I have been, are now, and will forever be, continual students of this game we both love so much!

I would highly recommend this school to ANYONE who wants to improve their game dramatically, let alone has a desire to learn how teach better! I know that Randy also takes his teaching techniques on the road around the country too, allowing other instructors a chance to participate with him, in sharing good, solid information. I look forward to that opportunity as well.

Randy, what are some of the dates and places where your on-the-road schools will be appearing over the next several months? Thanks again for making me feel so welcome! I certainly am excited about coming back again!

Scott Lee

pooltchr
04-30-2003, 07:19 AM
I second that motion! I went through Randy's instructor program last year while he was in NC. Not only did I learn a lot of great information about teaching pool, I managed to learn enough to elevate my game to new levels. The best thing is the program he teaches allows individuals to continue to improve after the class is finished. Like he says, he teaches you not to play pool, but how to LEARN to play pool. Like the old saying, give a man a fish and you feed him once. Teach a man to fish, and you feed him for life. I am looking forward to working with him again later this year, and have recommended his school to a couple of folks that have expressed an interest in becoming instructors.
Steve

randyg
05-03-2003, 05:57 AM
Thanks Steve. Should have Pool School in NC this fall.

randyg
05-03-2003, 06:04 AM
Hi Scott:

I know I enjoyed your stay. I just like it when good instructors get together and share knowledge. You are just as good a student as you are an instructor, and thats top class.

I have a Pool School in June in Hartford Ct. July in San Diego Ca. and then in Watertown SD. Sept back to NC. I will get you dates for our meeting in Sept. very soon.

Be safe on the road......randyg

bluewolf
05-03-2003, 06:18 AM
Randy,

When are you coming to Rockville? Where in NC are you doing your school?

Laura

Ralph S.
05-03-2003, 08:36 AM
Do you have anything planned for the Indiana area Randy?

pooltchr
05-03-2003, 08:42 AM
Thanks Randy. Looking forward to seeing you again. Also thanks for the nice comment on the instructor's board.
sj

randyg
05-03-2003, 07:50 PM
Sorry Ralph, not this year. My plate is full. How about next year?....randyg