PDA

View Full Version : USPS hates BD

UWPoolGod
04-30-2003, 04:35 PM
Why is it that everytime I recieve my BD magazine it is always tattered and torn. I know from some extent there is going to be some problems with the mag due to shipping, but I get my Golf Digest every month and it is in great shape.

Todd <--- about to go postal

pooldaddy9
04-30-2003, 05:00 PM
I use to have the same problem with Pool and Billiard. I complained and now when it comes, it is in a sealed clear bag.

UWPoolGod
04-30-2003, 05:23 PM
My BD also comes in a sealed clear bag, so I have no idea. The first half of the pages have a cut in the middle edge of the page where something heavy probably was rammed into it. Who knows...just stupid. Still cheaper than getting it at the store, just wish it was in good shape

9 Ball Girl
04-30-2003, 07:31 PM
Mine comes in a bag now too but sometimes, I think, it's the way it's handled in the post office or maybe if you receive a lot of mail the maildude or dudedette squeeze everything in, ya know?

05-01-2003, 12:04 AM
You must be getting the bathroom copy

c.holtz009
05-01-2003, 05:24 AM
I've had bad luck with BD too. I actually got a copy that was missing a couple of pages, and had a picture cut out!! Some poor jerk at the post office must have needed it more than me. /ccboard/images/graemlins/mad.gif

Anonamus
05-01-2003, 05:55 AM
If only your BD mag is in poor shape and your other mags are OK, then maybe it's not the Post Office but BD's distributor that is screwing up your copy.

I know it's easier to blame the government for all your troubles but maybe somebody else is involved.

Just a thought.

Ralph S.
05-01-2003, 06:22 AM
Fortunately I havent had any problems with mine yet, ofcourse I have only received one issue though. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smirk.gif Its also nice to see that someone else uses the term "dudette". LOL.

9 Ball Girl
05-01-2003, 07:04 AM
I did have problems getting my BD, where it would be torn or articles missing and whatnot. I sent an email to Subscription Problems (http://billiardsdigest.com/subscribe/sub_problems/) and that's when I started to get them in the plastic baggy. Haven't had a problem since. If my baggy is broken or torn, it's usually because the mail was scrunched up in there.

Wendy<---dudedette, dudedette, dudedette /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif

05-01-2003, 07:45 AM
sheesh i just ordered a copy of bd, am gone be pissed if my mag is screwed when it gets here, i may have to stick to buying them at the ph. let's all pray nothing happens to my mag.

dave
05-01-2003, 09:35 AM
Your postperson must prefer reading about pool on their lunch break rather than golf. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

UWPoolGod
05-01-2003, 12:00 PM
Yeah I guess. But he must be talented to read the mag through the clear plastic sealed bag. Maybe that's why. HEHEHE

wolfdancer
05-01-2003, 01:08 PM
at least you got your issue in a timely fashion...didn't renew my subscription, because it arrived long after i had read the pool room's copy..and, like you, I never had a problem with golf, or golf digest mag. Inside pool now comes in a wrapped bag...and BD should do the same...it prevents people like me from reading, and not buying, the for-sale copies in the pool rooms

jjinfla
05-01-2003, 07:04 PM
BD must have gotten wise because now my copy comes in a plastic sleeve too. Prior to that it was tattered. Jake