Interesting!!!

Laura

WaltVA
05-01-2003, 10:02 AM
Was moved to the archives.

Walt in VA

eg8r
05-01-2003, 11:32 AM
It is quite interesting how they choose which threads to move quickly to the archives. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif I wonder what their criteria is for moving that one so quickly. I bet it has to do with their continuing to let CW do what he wants but punish the regulars.

eg8r

wolfdancer
05-01-2003, 12:52 PM
Laura, this is one of the best posts that I have ever read!!! it's tacit, but to-the point, non-verbose, dynamic, concise, terse, succinct, etc....in short, ...it's "interesting"
and I gotta confess...I stole yer bluewolf gif, fer my own use

bluewolf
05-01-2003, 01:54 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote wolfdancer:</font><hr> and I gotta confess...I stole yer bluewolf gif, fer my own use <hr /></blockquote>

I can get you another one that is not blue but has action. Do you have outlook? Or if you want to use mine, I can use another one, since I have all kinds of wolf pics.

Laura

PS Looks like Tom B was right after all

wolfdancer
05-01-2003, 02:05 PM
Laura, I have outlook, but use incredimail (through outlook) for my emails. and I was going to ask you if you had a wolf gif that was not blue (didn't want to really "steal" yer stuff) I wouldn't be using it here, just added it to my animation box in incredimail...thanks for the offer...jjd

bluewolf
05-01-2003, 02:42 PM
It is this program I dl for outlook and it has all sorts of kool animations. One is foxes and wolves. if you have an email addie, I can send some to you.

Laura

TomBrooklyn
05-01-2003, 04:11 PM
What is the "Illegal" thread?

Is that the one that in which Laura asks if it's OK to post about selling her cue, and you criticize one of the top players in the world for the occasional post he makes here instead of encouraging him to feel welcome to participate in the discussions that are of more interest to you?

Jimmy Mendoza
05-01-2003, 05:32 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote TomBrooklyn:</font><hr>

and you criticize one of the top players in the world for the occasional post he makes here instead of thinking of some way you can encourage him to participate more frequently in various discussions

<hr /></blockquote>

I'm one of the top players in my apartment complex, but nobody seems to care if I post! /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

wolfdancer
05-01-2003, 05:42 PM
Jimmy, I looked at your picture; setting up for a shot using the bridge...this is absolutely the wrong position for a left-handed player

eg8r
05-01-2003, 06:35 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Is that the one that in which Laura asks if it's OK to post about selling her cue, and you criticize one of the top players in the world for the occasional post he makes here instead of encouraging him to participate more frequently in the other discussions that may be of more interest to you? <hr /></blockquote> I am guessing it took you all day to come up with the rhetoric at the beginning (I did not quote it), however this part probably came quite quick. Isn't it funny that in your attempt to flame me for negative posting you have done the same thing? I guess that was my stab at rhetoric, because surely you will not answer. Since you bring it up again, yes I did comment (your descriptive was critize) on Charlies spam. I am not worried that it does not bother you in the least that he continues to do it. I guess you agree that he lives a busy life and does not have the time. This would also imply that with the volume of posts you make, you are a lazy person that has nothing but time. All of these are merely observations and I am sure you will understand.

I read in another of your posts (and I will paraphrase the best I can) that of the pros that do read this board, most will not post because of the way the members here will reply. Well, I am not sorry. If you cannot take critism than it is best if you don't post. I have never said anything negative about CW's play or his ability, just on his mis-use of the board. Wow, it blows my mind that he cannot even handle that pressure and we are not even talking about pool.

With all that said, in the end all we have is a bunch of people posting on the board. Sometimes intentions and feelings are not portrayed in the same light as though the author expected, to that I am sorry. None of my posts are ever done in anger and a good majority of the time I am in good spirits when I do make the post. A lot of my posts are not congratulatory. I do not think I always need to be that way, sometimes staying quiet does the same thing. I do post when I disagree with something. That may be the majority of the posts I make but none are meant to be confrontational. A closer alignment would be to think of them as a different point of view.

Similar to this post, I have been giggling because of the hypocrisy TomB has hidden in his posts. He is here critizing my posts because of my critism of CW. Clever but amateurish (that is why I never get upset).

eg8r

eg8r
05-01-2003, 06:36 PM
LOL!!!

eg8r

bluewolf
05-02-2003, 06:34 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote TomBrooklyn:</font><hr> What is the "Illegal" thread?

Is that the one that in which Laura asks if it's OK to post about selling her cue,
<hr /></blockquote>

Yes. It was that one. The admin wrote to tell me it was against the rules. The admin told me that since I had already posted, I should post again to tell folks who were interested to pm me.

Well in a round about way, I might be responsible for having that thread removed. I called the admins attention to it so they could see that some of the regular ccbers felt the way they did. Next time I logged on, it was gone and Walt said it was moved to the archives.

Laura

bluewolf
05-02-2003, 06:55 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote TomBrooklyn:</font><hr> What is the "Illegal" thread?

Is that the one that in which Laura asks if it's OK to post about selling her cue, and you criticize one of the top players in the world for the occasional post he makes here
<hr /></blockquote>

I have nothing against Charlie. In fact, when I met him I like him. I think that at one time, that there was an unwritten rule that persons could sell their personal stuff.

Charlie is running a business. I think that seeing that loophole, he posted about his school. Seeing how things got out of hand, it appears that the rules were changed to 'no posting about anything for sale'.

As far as preferencial treatment to Charlie or no, I think that other folks who have been here longer were more upset than I since they were on the ccb in the old days.

Tom, you said in one of your previous posts that you thought the admins were too heavy handed and for them to go away,and let us take care of things here.

For that reason, part of your post does not make a whole lot of sense to me.

And why is a pro more important than anybody else?
Why should a grand political figure be treated differentlly?
Why should a person with a PHD be treated differently?
Why should a person who is rich be treated any differently?

It is my belief that noone is more or less important than anybody else. I believe we are all just human beings trying to do the best we can, whether it be pool or other endeavors.

All though History are great people. I cannot think of one that expected preferencial treatment.

When a person expects preferential treatment, this is a sign of a pitiful ego, that can only exist by being treated like a god.

And I do not know of any gods walking on this planet!!!

Laura

heater451
05-02-2003, 12:23 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote TomBrooklyn:</font><hr>Is that the one that in which Laura asks if it's OK to post about selling her cue, and you criticize one of the top players in the world for the occasional post he makes here instead of encouraging him to participate more frequently in the other discussions that may be of more interest to you?<hr /></blockquote>
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote eg8r:</font><hr>Similar to this post, I have been giggling because of the hypocrisy TomB has hidden in his posts. He is here critizing my posts because of my critism of CW. Clever but amateurish (that is why I never get upset).

eg8r<hr /></blockquote>You're right.

Tom should have instead encouraged you to participate more frequently in discussions that involve being non-critical. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

========================

TomBrooklyn
05-02-2003, 11:01 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote bluewolf:</font><hr>And why is a pro more important than anybody else?<hr /></blockquote>Because this is a pool forum, and when one of the best pool players in the world posts here, I think that people who are not even qualified to carry that pros cue case should encourage rather than discourage their participation. If this means putting up with some minor peculiarities I submit it is appropriate and well worth it.

If one has a substantial disagreement with a top pro player about something more important than taking up a single line on this board that is otherwise liberally sprinkled with the ramblings of far less accomplished players, I don't see why it couldn't be brought up while retaining an appropriate level of respect for the persons achievements. This does not require being obsequious, which in fact is generally unappreciated.

All people may be equal under the eyes of the laws of some Governments. That doesn't really make all people equal. It certainly does't make all pool players equal when it comes to playing and discussing pool.

eg8r
05-03-2003, 07:13 AM
[ QUOTE ]
and when one of the best pool players in the world posts here, I think that people who are not even qualified to carry that pros cue case <hr /></blockquote> And who are these people? I am sure you would classify yourself in this category, but I wonder why you reduce yourself to such a low level of class that you are not even at a servants level.

Give me a break.

[ QUOTE ]
encourage rather than discourage their participation. <hr /></blockquote> Tell us which pro was discouraged to post here. Don't bring up CW since he was encouraged to post here, just not spam. There is a difference.

eg8r