PDA

View Full Version : US Open Details?

Perk
05-01-2003, 10:35 AM
Well, now my interests are peeked, and I am considering the road trip south. It will be similiar to the travels home while in the Marine Corps. 12-14 hours, sounds like fun though.

What exact details are known at this moment regarding the open? The Q-Masters website doesnt say much except for the dates. Someone mentioned rooms in that area are $40-$50? How much to shoot in the Open itself? And for the CCB tourney?

Any info would be appreciative, I need to start with some logistics if I am gonna be able to make the trip. May have to carpool with friends, or bring family. Thanks in advance.

Rich R.
05-01-2003, 11:48 AM
9 Ball Girl posted the names of the best hotels.
http://www.billiardsdigest.com/ccboard/showflat.php?Cat=&Board=ccb&Number=74896&Forum=All _Forums&Words=9%20Ball%20Girl&Match=Username&Searc hpage=0&Limit=25&Old=allposts&Main=74887&Search=tr ue#Post74896

I'm not sure of the prices. The Holiday Inn is much more than $50, but it is the closest and has the most facilities.
All of the places she listed are within walking distance, with some being closer than others.
I'm not sure, but I believe entry for the Open is $500. I could be wrong on that.
Entry for the CCB Tournament was a wopping $20, last year. I don't believe the price has been set this year. I'm sure Tom has to finalize arangements for tables at Q-Masters, before a price can be set. Last year we received free table time.
The Open is held at the Chesapeake Conference Center in Chesapeake, Va. It is just a short distance from Virginia Beach and a fairly easy drive. It is not too far off I-95.

Anything else you need?

Perk
05-01-2003, 12:42 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Rich R.:</font><hr> Anything else you need? <hr /></blockquote>

Just a $500.00 ticket...:)

Thanks for the info...when will they set actual day of the events?

Karatemom
05-01-2003, 12:55 PM
I just checked on two of the hotels: Holiday Inn Greenbriar was $139/night, and the Wellesley Inn was $84/night.

Heide

9 Ball Girl
05-01-2003, 01:00 PM
Here's a list of hotels in Chesapeake. The first 5 are definitely walking distance to the Conference Center:

Chesapeake Hotels (http://reservations.conventioncenterhotelsguide.com/nexres/search/power_results.cgi?src=10005692&amp;poi_name=Chesapeake %20Conference%20Center%20Hotels&amp;address_lat_lng=36 .788466,-76.231683)

I'd like to add that the Hampton Inn, right next to the Holiday Inn is $60 a night. Of course, if you're a G-Person like some of us, all you need do is show that I.D. and you got yourself a discount!

Photoguy
05-01-2003, 09:24 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote 9 Ball Girl:</font><hr> Of course, if you're a G-Person like some of us, all you need do is show that I.D. and you got yourself a discount! <hr /></blockquote>

Forgive me, but what is a "G-Person"? I have never heard that term before.

Kato
05-01-2003, 10:18 PM
Photoguy, 9 Ball Girl is a Fed. Both her and Rich R are in charge of hiding UFO's and black ops secrets from the public. Don't worry about it though, the Pod under my bed says it's ok for now.

Kato

Rich R.
05-02-2003, 04:41 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Karatemom:</font><hr> I just checked on two of the hotels: Holiday Inn Greenbriar was $139/night, and the Wellesley Inn was $84/night.

Heide <hr /></blockquote>
Heide, I believe you can get better rates than those quoted.
When calling for reservations, be sure to tell them you want the "U.S. Open rates."

Rich R.
05-02-2003, 04:42 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Photoguy:</font><hr> Forgive me, but what is a "G-Person"? I have never heard that term before. <hr /></blockquote>
It is easy to figure out, if you touch the right spot . /ccboard/images/graemlins/blush.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/blush.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/blush.gif

MikeM
05-02-2003, 08:38 AM
Heide,

I reserved a room at the Wellesley yesterday via the internet and got a rate of $54 a night. It's not a great hotel, but I won't be in the room much anyway.

I'm really happy to hear y'all are coming. Can't wait to meet all of you.

Mike /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

9 Ball Girl
05-02-2003, 09:15 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Rich R.:</font><hr> <blockquote><font class="small">Quote Photoguy:</font><hr> It is easy to figure out, if you touch the right spot . /ccboard/images/graemlins/blush.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/blush.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/blush.gif <hr /></blockquote>

Rich! /ccboard/images/graemlins/blush.gif You make me proud.../ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Karatemom
05-02-2003, 10:13 AM
Okay, there are two different Wellesley hotels listed, one on Sara Dr and one on Convention Center Dr. I assume we want the one on Convention Center, right? I can get a rate of 49.99/night at a few places, but want to make sure I make the reservation at the right one.

Heide

9 Ball Girl
05-02-2003, 12:45 PM
Heide, you're right. Here you go hon:

Wellesley Chesapeake (http://www.wellesleyinnandsuites.com/hotels/wlch.shtml)

9 Ball Girl
05-02-2003, 12:46 PM
This is a more consolidated list of hotels in the immediate area of the Chesapeake Conference Center:

http://www.chesapeakeconference.com/hotels.html

WesK
05-02-2003, 12:49 PM
So did I.

Predator314
05-02-2003, 01:42 PM
Hrmmm... Can I borrow a motel room for long enough to shower? I talked to the guys I run around with. They said they were going. They went last year. They said that they never slept though. So I don't wanna waste my hard earned cash on motel rooms when I can gamble it away to one of you all. If not, that's OK. I just for one of you all to hose me off on occasion.

On a serious note, though. My buddy told me that they bought the Gold VIP seats last year and didn't like them. He said you sit down too low. He said that the cheap seats offered a better view. Is this true? Or is my friend getting cheap?

9 Ball Girl
05-02-2003, 02:14 PM
Sat down too low? The cheap seats were way too far away. The Gold VIP seats are a comfortable "bleacher" type style setting. So I can see if he sat in the first row. That can be low because you have people, cameras, refs, etc. that get in the way of things. I'm sitting 3 rows down from the top this year, last year I sat 2 rows down from the top and it was a good view. I do, however, remember this guy sitting next to me on the Sunday of the PPV complaining aloud about the female ref getting in the way where we couldn't see the shot. He'd say that he wouldn't consider her being in the way had she been naked! /ccboard/images/graemlins/blush.gif Oh yeah, this guy was also getting antsy (sp?) when the 2 young girls would take their lap around the table with "round" cards.

In any case, when someone got in my line of view, then I'd just look at the big screen that was setup with a closeup view of the table.

Your friends didn't sleep? What the hell is sleep anyways?! /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Wendy&lt;---will not learn what sleep is while she's in VA /ccboard/images/graemlins/cool.gif

MikeM
05-02-2003, 02:19 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Predator314:</font><hr>
On a serious note, though. My buddy told me that they bought the Gold VIP seats last year and didn't like them. He said you sit down too low. He said that the cheap seats offered a better view. Is this true? Or is my friend getting cheap? <hr /></blockquote>

I sat in the third row of the VIP section last year and IMO that's perfect. You get a seat with a table in front of you and your high enough to see very well.

MM

PS-Unless you're a hot young woman who likes fat married guys, No you can't use my shower. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

Predator314
05-02-2003, 02:22 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote MikeM:</font><hr>PS-Unless you're a hot young woman who likes fat married guys, No you can't use my shower. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smirk.gif <hr /></blockquote>

Just a fat, single guy that likes hot young women /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif