PDA

View Full Version : Cue Engraving !

05-02-2003, 03:32 AM
I need to know has anyone ever had their cue engrave with their name or any of the such?.

I've been looking into getting my cue engraved with my name, but i must admit am scared as hell to send my cue away & have them mess it up.

So before i go ahead & send my cue to be engraved i would like to know if anyone else has done this and if so how did the cue come out.

Carlton31698
05-02-2003, 07:43 AM
/ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif I havenít done it, but I have seen a few done. They all looked fine. Just remember having your name on the cue may reduce the resale value, unless you are a world champion. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

9 Ball Girl
05-02-2003, 07:49 AM
My break cue is not engraved but it has a handwritten inscription down at the butt portion before the lamination process and it's still going strong.

05-02-2003, 07:55 AM
well, i dont plan on selling my cue, even if i do buy a new one. i want to send the cue to meucci and let them do it.

Popcorn
05-02-2003, 08:09 AM
You can try something like this stuff, you can get at most art and office supplies. It is easy to do and with a lite finish over it, is durable. It will cost you almost nothing and can come out with a very classy look. You want the rub on type of transfer. Once on you can't feel it at all and it can be removed in the future. This stuff has been around for years, When I was a kid, I would do guys cues in the poolroom for $10.00, with their names or what ever. I don't think they knew how I was doing it, it can look like I wrote it on myself with certain scripts. The website is just to be an example, there are probably lots of makers of this kind of stuff.

http://www.letraset.com/us/template1.asp?catid=3456

05-02-2003, 08:13 AM
popcorn, how does this stuff work, and how do i apply it, i have and old minnesota fats cue i found that i can test it on.

Popcorn
05-02-2003, 08:20 AM
you just place the side with the lettering against what ever you want to letter and rub the back of the sheet it comes on, with a dull pencil to make it transfer. A whole sheet of the stuff will only cost you a few dollars. If you goof it up, it can removed. Once you like what you have, just put some finish over it and you are done.

05-02-2003, 08:22 AM
where do i get the finish from ?

Sid_Vicious
05-02-2003, 10:11 AM
Engraving was not ever in my mind but I have thought about having, say a healthy, fine diamond imbedded somewhere in a favorite cue, possibly around the joint collar or even in the shaft. I'll agree ahead of time that it is a show-off attitude, and yet it would be functional if situated in the right location, sorta like an expensive orientation tool for aligning with so you always hit the same grain pattern of the shaft wood. That's a good excuse anyway...sid

Popcorn
05-02-2003, 10:20 AM
The worst thing I ever saw was, a guy came into the pool room with what looked like the top of an ID bracelet on his cue and ingraved with his name. It was sort of wrapped ,(bent would be a better word) around the butt of the cue and held in place with small nails.

ceebee
05-04-2003, 06:32 AM
John Parker of Auerbach Custom Cues in Tulsa, OK can & will engrave the shaft or butt of your cue. It's beautiful. Any of you folks that want to see some of his work,,, just send an email...