PDA

View Full Version : Women's Pool on ESPN observation.

05-02-2003, 07:01 AM
I ve watched the women play on ESPN many times.

I am concluding that they are not very good at pool, because they always play easy shots. you don't have to be good to make a straight in easy shot, so therefore they are not very good at pool.

has anyone else noticed this? or just me?

honky

eg8r
05-02-2003, 07:05 AM
Funny post.

eg8r

05-02-2003, 07:10 AM
ty, that was the intent, i better say that before you folks burn me at the stake.

eg8r
05-02-2003, 07:14 AM
I see no problem with a little humor. It takes good pool playing to always have an easy shot.

eg8r

Ralph S.
05-02-2003, 07:14 AM
I geuss I will light the first match then. IF they are no good then how do they get all those easy shots? Maybe above average to very good position play. Go back and watch some more, you obviously havent paid close enough attention.

NBC-BOB
05-02-2003, 07:44 AM
I love watching pool and when I see someone making it look so easy,I know there good.9 ball is not my preferred game, and I would love to watch the women play straight pool.

Predator314
05-02-2003, 07:44 AM
You're lookin' to be flamed pretty bad. I wish I was good enough to only have to make easy shots. You have to think about the kind of pressure these women are under. I've played with Janet Atwell who plays on the WPBA. She has a pretty strong game. She can hang with my game any day and would probably beat me in the long run (I'm gonna try her this weekend hopefully if she's in town).

However, she cannot hang with Allison Fisher, or Karen Corr. She said those two are all business and have a great game. Trust me... if she can't hang with those two, they are REALLY GOOD pool players.

L.S. Dennis
05-02-2003, 08:00 AM
I had a chance to watch the women's finals the other day and notice the tremendous force of Karen Korr's break! Alright you know where I'm going with this, but seriously compared to Karen Korr's break Corey Deuell breaks like a gorilla! If this is the reason that the Sardo rack has been eliminated I've now come to agree with that decision!

pooltchr
05-02-2003, 08:16 AM
I read a story in one of Ewa's books about her taking a friend to watch Willie M. play. After the match, her friend commented something to the effect that "I wasn't all that impressed. He never made a hard shot". I think we all know the point of that story.

Aboo
05-02-2003, 10:14 AM
When my wife gets mad she says the same thing sometimes. Although I'm really not all that good :P

I can imagine someone saying that about Willie M. though LOL
"No, he didn't make any hard shots... he just made 300 easy ones, in a row!"

eg8r
05-02-2003, 10:57 AM
Ralph, I think you missed something. He made the post and I said that it was funny. He replied saying thank you, that was the intent. Meaning he meant it to be funny, while understanding already that they need to play well in order to get all easy shots.

eg8r

CrispyFish
05-02-2003, 11:01 AM
Some players have all the luck. /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Nick B
05-04-2003, 12:14 AM
I think Honkey's parents are first-cousins.

Nick

bigbro6060
05-04-2003, 03:17 AM
i've used up all my Flaming on Patrick

Honky mate, just have a beer on me /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

05-04-2003, 07:26 AM
*******************IT WAS A JOKE RELAX*******************

jjinfla
05-04-2003, 08:47 AM
Amazing how many people feel compelled to explain the obvious. /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif