PDA

View Full Version : "Running Out Form"...Who gets it? How's it kept?

03-25-2002, 07:36 AM
There always seems to be at least one person at the tournament that's 'in good form' to run balls.

We notice him/her right away. We try not to acknowledge it. But this person is "on" and we know it.

We've all seen this. Sometimes, it's ourselves.

It's not surprising to anyone that this person takes first at the end of the day. You play them later in the week and they can't make more than one or two at a time.

Can a person summons this "top of the line form" or does the "form" pick out the person it want's to dwell in that day?

Chris Cass
03-25-2002, 08:04 AM
Hi Ballbreaker,
It's all in your mind. Once you can make balls consistantly, it's all mental.
JMHO,
C.C.

cheesemouse
03-25-2002, 09:49 AM
Chris Cass,
Speaking of running out form, how did your weekend at Jackpot go? Who won and all? How did you like the tables and any other juicy stuff?

Rod
03-25-2002, 12:01 PM
"It's not surprising to anyone that this person takes first at the end of the day. You play them later in the week and they can't make more than one or two at a time."

It is the person/s that think they can win. They play smart, run balls, and make few mistakes. This will not be a person you play later in the week, that can only make a ball or two. I should add, unless all the players are lower rated. Then it is possible, I guess.

Chris Cass
03-26-2002, 01:23 PM
Hi Cheese,
You don't want to know. I drive there 6 1/2 hrs. Scheduled for a 7pm match that played at 8 something. My room reservations were screwed up they wanted to charge me for a nite I wasn't there.

Matches were taking over 2 hrs and time format was 1-2 hrs late. You had to stick around and show up for the match on time, even though you had to wait. All the Diamond Boxes were used at the BCA IA. event. These were Valley's that on 2 tables I played on the cb took a 90 degree turn on a somewhat slow roll.

You see John Stitch and Tony Zeirman were in charge of running both event's. A lot of people will try to blame this on Tony Zierman for the way it was run but they'd be wrong. They normally have 30 tables for this event and expected 175 players but instead had only 23 tables and over 200 players.

Tony wanted to shut it down at 64 players but was told by John to leave it open. Matches went from 8am to 1am and were finishing around 3am. Talk about greuling. You couldn't even get action till Sun and even then there were a lot of forfiets.

I myself am embarressed to say I was 2 and out of all three events. I didn't like it at all. The only thing I can say about my play is, it's gonna happen and I might be a loser but never a quiter. Wish I could of done something to brag to the ccb crowd about. I like reading about someone here doing good. Not this time for me but I'm over it and the only words to come to mind is, next time.

Regards,
C.C.~~thanks for wondering...