PDA

View Full Version : Firewall Info Needed

bluewolf
05-03-2003, 06:03 AM
Someone has been trying to hack my computer.

I think I need a firewall but how do I set it so that it will not keep me from browsing certain sites. The last one I had "black ice" made me give permission all of the time which was irritating.

I know some people here know more than I about computers, so figured you would know. btw-os is xp

thankx

Laura

9 Ball Girl
05-03-2003, 07:12 AM
I use ZoneAlarm and you can download it here (http://downloads-zdnet.com.com/3000-2092-10196007.html).

After you download it, log off of the internet and install ZoneAlarm. You set up how high you want your level of protection. After you've installed it, log back on to the Internet and for every site you go into, you'll get a ZoneAlarm pop up window asking you if you want this to do that and what have you, and you give it whatever answer you want with the option of having ZoneAlarm always ask you that question everytime you go to that particular site or never asking you again based on your answer. It's pretty user friendly.

I use the purchasable (is that a word?) ZoneAlarm Pro. You should always have a firewall on your machine--especially if you have the always-on DSL or cable connections. HTH

bluewolf
05-03-2003, 02:09 PM
Thanks wendy.

Laura