PDA

View Full Version : Way To Go Barbara!

9 Ball Girl
05-03-2003, 05:54 PM
Better website (http://www.newt9ball.com/) than before!

Hot Off The Press! (http://www.azbilliards.com/2000storya.cfm?storynum=870)

Barbara
05-04-2003, 09:20 AM
Thanks Wendy!! I appreciate that!

The website is just getting started so it looks pretty rudimentary for now. Pete's been working on it. I'm a programmer and when I come home the last thing I want to do is more programming! I figured to just get the standings and events listed for now.

But I will get that link to AZBilliards moved further up that page. Mike's mad at me!! /ccboard/images/graemlins/blush.gif!!

Barbara~~~doesn't want Mike mad at her...

Ralph S.
05-04-2003, 10:24 AM
Looks good Barbara, when ya gona make me up a homepage? /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Barbara
05-04-2003, 10:41 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Ralph S.:</font><hr> Looks good Barbara, when ya gona make me up a homepage? /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif <hr /></blockquote>

No nuts for you!! /ccboard/images/graemlins/shocked.gif

Barbara

Ralph S.
05-04-2003, 10:57 AM
Shucky darn, I geuss I aint never gonna get to sample them nuts ya'll keep raving about. /ccboard/images/graemlins/mad.gif

05-04-2003, 12:34 PM
That is a very nice web site, good job.

Barbara
05-04-2003, 12:57 PM
Thanks, I'll pass that on to Pete. He's learning how to do this and when he gets it down, he'll show me how to update it.

I asked by Inside Pool to write up the history of my tour and it's got an ironic twist at the end. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif!

Here's what going to be in that history link:

Waaaay back when, a female pool player by the name of Dawn Meurin (now Hopkins) started a magazine called "All About Pool". Dawn started a Men's All About Pool Tour in New England. A little while later, Dawn started a Women's All About Pool Tour which Nadine Borofsky (now Mazzola) ran through her magazine.

When Dawn moved to New Jersey, she started a Men's and Ladies Tri State Tour. She ran these two tours, along with the magazine, and the Men's All About Pool Tour. Bob Campbell bought the magazine from Dawn and took control of the Men's Tri State Tour. Bob put John Leyman in charge of the Men's Tri State Tour and Colleen Shoop took over running the Ladies Tri State Tour.

Up in New England, Nadine gave control of the Women's All About Pool Tour to Candi Rego. But there weren't many events and Candi eventually started playing full time in the Ladies Tri State Tour.

A couple years later Candi took over the Ladies Tri State Tour and combined it with the Women's All About Pool Tour and renamed it the NorthEastern Women's Tour. Candi ran with this tour and set up a record 13 events in one year. Plus, she made all of these events qualifiers to WPBA events. This attracted a great deal of interest to both domestic and foreign players wanting to break into the WPBA and they would come and play in these events all the time. Most notably, Karen Corr and Julie Kelly earned their Touring Pro statuses into the WPBA from NEWT qualifiers.

Three years after that, Candi gave control of the tour to Micaela Dames and Barbara Stock. The two coordinators kept up with the number of the events until the Chesapeake Area Tour, or CAT tour, formed just south of NEWT and NEWT lost all but one of their Maryland events to CAT. During the time that Micaela and Barbara ran the tour, Karen Corr, Julie Kelly, Kim Shaw, Nicole Mancini, Megan Minerich, and Romana Dokovic all earned their Touring Pro statuses from NEWT qualifiers.

In November 2002, Micaela called it quits and left control of the tour to Barbara. In April 2003 Barbara struck a deal with Jerry Pechauer Custom Cues and renamed the tour to the J. Pechauer NorthEast Women's Tour.

On a side note, Bob Campbell sold the All About Pool magazine to JR Calvert and the magazine is now known as Inside Pool.

So the irony is that JPNEWT and Inside Pool have been "related" all this time! So it's especially nice to be sponsored by them and to have this circle completed!

Barbara~~~this is good joss... /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

randyg
05-05-2003, 06:27 AM
BARBARA: Are you still looking for some small sponsors????randyg

Barbara
05-05-2003, 08:23 AM
Absolutely!!! /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

What do you have in mind??

Barbara

Eric.
05-05-2003, 03:10 PM
Without a doubt, Good Job!

Eric &gt;thats why she gets paid the BIG bucks

Rod
05-05-2003, 03:45 PM
Barbara,
Thanks for the history, very interesting. I remember that name, Meurin. It seems the bonds to each other have been good over the years. Glad to see you all rejoined. Good luck on your web site, your off to a good start!

Rod

Barbara
05-05-2003, 03:48 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Eric.:</font><hr>

Eric &gt;thats why she gets paid the BIG bucks <hr /></blockquote>

BIG Bucks?? Where??

Barbara~~~will be happy to break even this year... /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif