PDA

View Full Version : 129th Kentucky Derby

05-04-2003, 08:48 AM
Standing at the parimutual window, with 1 minute to Post, in true fashion....I changed my bet at the last minute.

I thought...nah, a gelding hasn't won a derby since 1929.

So, I went with my second instinct....ATSWHATIMTALKNBOUT.

I went home broke, but had a good time with all the folks down at the track. Got some updates from horseman and owners alike, in the harness world.

I seen some relatives that I hadn't seen in years.

Yeah....all & all, the 129th was good to me. /ccboard/images/graemlins/cool.gif

dg-in-centralpa
05-04-2003, 11:40 AM
I've never been to the Derby yet /ccboard/images/graemlins/frown.gif. Someday... Although I have tickets for the Preakness and Belmont. I have reserved outside seating. I have been to Churchill several times as a visitor and loved it. The museum is fantastic. Can you get me reserved seats for next year's derby? Please!!! I'll be deeply indebted.

05-04-2003, 08:11 PM
"Although I have tickets for the Preakness and Belmont."

** well.....I probably can't help ya out too much....

05-04-2003, 08:18 PM
Oh Well...

cueball1950
05-04-2003, 08:40 PM
those kentucky blue bloods are rolling over in their graves. A NEW YORK BRED WINS IT.. And a gelding to boot..There must be a God of horse racing.....GO NY Breeding.............Mike

#### leonard
05-05-2003, 06:26 AM
Nineballgirl the Saratoga Racing Season gets underway at Ciro's Restaurant with the Drinking of Champagne and the racing bluebloods walk to the track and the season begins. Ciro's is only open for the 6 weeks of racing but they open for the Derby. According to the papers they had over 2000 racing fans who had all bet Funny Cide, the roar of the crowd was deafening when they knew their horse had won the Derby. Three of the owners are from Saratoga and 6 are from Sackets Harbor thereby creating Sackatoga the owners of the Gelding.####

05-06-2003, 12:33 AM
Very interesting factoid ####leonard.

I'll bet there were a happy lot of 2000. /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif