PDA

View Full Version : home pool/game room

mchesser
05-04-2003, 12:04 PM
I am planning on building a home and would like to have a 1st rate pool/game room. I wrote BD to see if I could get info re award-winning rooms in their magazine, but I don't know if they will be able to give me that info. Do you have ideas re sources for plans for a top-rate home pool/game room? Thanks.

05-04-2003, 12:18 PM
talk to SPetty, everyone thinks her room is pretty sweet.

dg-in-centralpa
05-04-2003, 04:03 PM
First thing I would do, is figure out what you want in the room; size of table, poker table, bar, etc. What style of decor do you like, antique, early american, etc. Some billiard supply stores can help you design a room that will suit you. Good luck!

pooldaddy9
05-04-2003, 05:55 PM
What ever size the room, it can not be too big but it can be too small. Plan ahead.

SPetty
05-04-2003, 08:54 PM
Hi mchesser,

Here's a link to a previous thread about what people would want in their dream pool room. Hope this helps. Don't forget to come back and let us know what you've decided...

http://www.billiardsdigest.com/ccboard/showflat.php?Cat=&Board=ccbboard&Number=34430&page =&view=&sb=&o=&fpart=1&vc=1

UWPoolGod
05-04-2003, 09:14 PM
I was reading an article in a painting magazine about some contractor remodeling some enormous basement of a huge basement. They went with a art deco style. They had a two-lane bowling alley, a rack of bowling balls. Huge fully stocked bar. A stainless steel deco 9-foot pool table next to a giant fireplace. Alongside of it was a table-tennis table. It was amazing. The only thing I would add to it would be a 12x6 snooker table and a 3-cushion table. I hate Foosball with a passion...the only thing I haven't become decent at in the bar sports world.

Rich R.
05-05-2003, 04:20 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote UWPoolGod:</font><hr> I hate Foosball with a passion...the only thing I haven't become decent at in the bar sports world. <hr /></blockquote>
I haven't played fooseball in many years, but I can tell you, it is all in the wrist. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Fooseball is a great game.

Predator314
05-05-2003, 06:20 AM
Fooseball is for the devil /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Fred Agnir
05-05-2003, 06:27 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Rich R.:</font><hr>
Fooseball is a great game. <hr /></blockquote>I won a foosball tournament (partners) in college. I thought I was "really good." However, when I lived in Dayton, I played against a guy who came in 3rd at the World Championship. Absolute poetry (just like any "professional" at any endeavor).

If you've never seen foosball played by the best (and I'm not talking the best in college), then you ain't seen nothing.

Fred

Predator314
05-05-2003, 07:09 AM
There's a guy that used to come to my local pool hall all the time. He was good at all the video games, pinball, and air hockey. You could tell he has hung out in game rooms all his life. They got a fooseball table and I was playing him at it. He was unreal. He could pass the ball and all kinds of crazy crap. I was doing good to grab the right handle.

Rich R.
05-05-2003, 07:59 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Fred Agnir:</font><hr> <blockquote><font class="small">Quote Rich R.:</font><hr> If you've never seen foosball played by the best (and I'm not talking the best in college), then you ain't seen nothing. <hr /></blockquote>
I have never seen foosball played on a "high level", but I would love to. I have seen and played with some very good players, but, when I was playing, I was not aware that there was a "World Championship" and I'm sure I haven't seen any players of that caliber.

Fred Agnir
05-05-2003, 08:11 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Rich R.:</font><hr> I have never seen foosball played on a "high level", but I would love to. I have seen and played with some very good players, but, when I was playing, I was not aware that there was a "World Championship" and I'm sure I haven't seen any players of that caliber. <hr /></blockquote>Hell, they've got a world championship for everything. And I'm sure this guy who placed 3rd would get his ass handed to him in a true international world championship. Or not. Here's an intersting, if not scary, site:

Foosball Tapes (http://www.foosballstore.com/training_tapes.asp)

Fred

Pizza Bob
05-05-2003, 08:42 AM
We seem to have gotten carried away on a Foosball thread. To answer your original question, here's a link to a retailer that has, time and again, won BD's Best Home Room award:

http://www.monarchbilliards.com/

Don't know where you are geographically, but Monarch is located in SE Pennsylvania. Two brothers own/run it. Nice guys. I should probably add that I have no vested interest in this business. At any rate, check out their website.

Adios,

Pizza Bob

UWPoolGod
05-05-2003, 09:00 AM
Yeah there are a three weekly Foosball tournements here in Seattle with a 4th about to come to a bar I play pool tourneys at. $10 entry and I heard they get 30+ every time. Plus the bar matches 100%. Maybe I am playing the wrong game.

Yeha I love that Monarch table on the upper left of that webpage. There was one on ebay at $45000 though. Maybe that was an original, but it still is a table with holes in the rails.

Rich R.
05-05-2003, 09:53 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Fred Agnir:</font><hr> Hell, they've got a world championship for everything.
Fred <hr /></blockquote>
I'm sure your right Fred. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif I guess we were just uninformed. /ccboard/images/graemlins/confused.gif
Foosball was very new, to the area where I was living, at the time, about 1969 or 1970. Most of us had never heard of it, before a few bars got the tables. Some people, who had spent time in Europe, knew what they were doing and the rest of us learned from them.

#### leonard
05-06-2003, 01:22 PM
Fred I walked into a local Watervliet bar on a Sunday night around 1961 and there was a dart match in progress. They use the large darts and Touhey Dart Boards. "The Lord of board" from Conn, was playing Danny Trioni the local Star. I got a beer and started betting with Tony Jannero the welterweight boxer and friend of the Lord. The Lord was naming Baseball when it was his break. He turkeyed the game to beat Danny 54 to 51 for nine innings of Ball. Trioni named corks on his break and shot 27 corks for nine innings while the Lord could only manage 24 for nine. When the shooter got to the line everyone in the place started screaming either for or against. The noise was deafening how they ever maintained the level they were shooting at was unbelieveable. The Lord turkeyed 6 games of ball in a row but could not win corks. Then Trioni shot 54 in ball and the Lord started slipping and lost 6 straight games and that ended the match. ####