PDA

View Full Version : Need help for speech after world championship win

Patrick
05-05-2003, 07:11 AM
What is a good speech after you win the world championship?
I am scared to offend people. This is my speech so far:

"I was lucky that my opponents didn't have enough luck to beat me. I played very bad the whole tournament and I hope I will make a better performance next year."

So do you like it? I don't want to do a long speech. I will not go to world championships this year, I just want a good stable speech for pool and chess.

Here is my old speech, I don't use it because it seems offending:

"I played very bad but I still won. You humans are far from perfect and it is easy to win even with my worst game. Anyone can win if they play against apes. My game is far from impressive and I will play better next year."

Patrick

Kato
05-05-2003, 07:23 AM
Don't tell everyone how bad you played. Tell them you played your hardest and got some rolls. Then people will not fear you so you can take all their money gambling. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Remember Patrick, we are humans and have feelings. Please don't hurt the feelings of all the players you just destroyed.

Kato~~~won't be at the World Championships either

Fred Agnir
05-05-2003, 07:25 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Patrick:</font><hr> What is a good speech after you win the world championship?<hr /></blockquote>How about, "I told you so!" Then stick your tongue out like this: /ccboard/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Fred

Patrick
05-05-2003, 07:26 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Kato:</font><hr> Don't tell everyone how bad you played. Tell them you played your hardest and got some rolls. Then people will not fear you so you can take all their money gambling. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Remember Patrick, we are humans and have feelings. Please don't hurt the feelings of all the players you just destroyed.
<hr /></blockquote>I don't want to lie. Gambling is evil.
I will just say "No comment" in speech? How do humans think of that?

Maybe I should say things they want to hear, should I fake getting happy? Maybe dancing on the table like some stupid guy?

When I make the last 9-ball, should I make a fake smile? What do I do afterwards, can I just screw apart the cue and leave? I don't care about getting the money.

Is there are rule how long after your win you can unscrew the cue? I saw Efren Reyes after Masters final win, he unscrewed it after a couple minutes. Can I just do it 1 second after the 9-ball went in?

Patrick

Kato
05-05-2003, 07:37 AM
The T.V. people need to hear you speak but you have to remember our sub standard intellegence level. Just tell the people you are proud to be champion and will continue to improve your game. Thank them for allowing you to put on a show for them and are proud you helped them, the fans, get their money's worth.

I think sticking your tongue out is a very bad idea unless you look into the camera and stick out your /ccboard/images/graemlins/tongue.gif at Fred.

Kato

Predator314
05-05-2003, 07:41 AM
and remember to stay humble... ;P

Predator314
05-05-2003, 07:46 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Patrick:</font><hr>I don't want to lie. Gambling is evil.
<hr /></blockquote>

Isn't levitation evil too. I've seen The Exorcist. If my opponent levitates, I'm not gonna gamble with him/her anyway (unless I get a good spot).

Patrick
05-05-2003, 07:47 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Kato:</font><hr> The T.V. people need to hear you speak but you have to remember our sub standard intellegence level. Just tell the people you are proud to be champion and will continue to improve your game. Thank them for allowing you to put on a show for them and are proud you helped them, the fans, get their money's worth.

I think sticking your tongue out is a very bad idea unless you look into the camera and stick out your /ccboard/images/graemlins/tongue.gif at Fred.

Kato <hr /></blockquote>Proud is not a good word, it is not true.

"It is fun to be the champion and I will continue to improve my game. I want to thank everyone who made this tournament happen."

Is this good?

Patrick
05-05-2003, 07:50 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Predator314:</font><hr>Isn't levitation evil too. I've seen The Exorcist. If my opponent levitates, I'm not gonna gamble with him/her anyway (unless I get a good spot). <hr /></blockquote>It depends on how you use it. You are not allowed to have special powers if you will use them for evil.

Patrick

Kato
05-05-2003, 07:53 AM
Absolutely. Fun is fine. That way the people don't realize that they never really had a chance playing such a fantastic playing alien genius.

Kato

MikeM
05-05-2003, 07:53 AM
"Did you humans really think you had a chance? I am the truth and the light. I am Indigo. Bow before me!"
/ccboard/images/graemlins/cool.gif

MM

Patrick
05-05-2003, 07:57 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Kato:</font><hr> Absolutely. Fun is fine. That way the people don't realize that they never really had a chance playing such a fantastic playing alien genius.

Kato <hr /></blockquote>Can I make a recording of my speech and play it back on the microphone? What will people think of it?
I need to practice a sentence about 10 times before people can hear what I say, and then it still sounds weird. How about modifying the voice in the recording, is it legal to do it? I want a voice like Goa'uld in Stargate SG-1.

Patrick

Fred Agnir
05-05-2003, 08:03 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Patrick:</font><hr> "It is fun to be the champion and I will continue to improve my game. I want to thank everyone who made this tournament happen."

Is this good? <hr /></blockquote>Good? It's great. I like it so much, I'll use it when I win the championship and claim it as my own.

Fred &lt;~~~ evil

Kato
05-05-2003, 08:16 AM
I don't think they'll like that too much. People like to see their hero's live on T.V. However, as a simple humans we will generally ask the same canned questions to the winners. Simply practice the answers before hand or just teleport out of the arena and do your interview via satellite.

Don't listen to people giving you bad advice. They are trying to undermine your speech quality to make the people turn against you. They are jealous of your superiority and absolute power. While you don't need humans to survive and we don't exist on the same plain of existence you still must exist on the same plain when you come to dominate major championships so making peace is of some importance.

Please try very hard to filter the good advice from the bad.

Kato