PDA

View Full Version : Pool Cue Cases

L.S. Dennis
05-06-2003, 02:32 AM
I'm thinking about getting another cue case. Can someone recomment a site that sells lots of pool related stuff?
I know there several I just forgot which ones they were.

Thanks Dennis

bluewolf
05-06-2003, 05:40 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote L.S. Dennis:</font><hr> I'm thinking about getting another cue case. Can someone recomment a site that sells lots of pool related stuff?

Thanks Dennis <hr /></blockquote>

It depends on how much you want to spend. Right now I have a leather Instroke that sells on www.hawleys.com (http://www.hawleys.com) for about 235. I am talking about the one that holds 2 butts and 4 shafts. I think the new cowboy ones have a pouch in the side for a jump cue.Not sure. Ask Fred Agnir.

My husband and I went to valley forge. We looked at all of the cases. The highest quality ones that I saw are whitten and justis. They are not mass produced, it is sort of like getting a custom cue. The price for the same size case(2x$) seeems to vary depending on what you want on it from $375 and up. Between a justice and a whitten is imo a personal preferance. I just liked the whitten better. It was better for me..

The justice was the type of leather that can be tooled, so is a thicker leather. The whitten is a softer leather and is not tooled. Both will make all kinds of modifications to what you want. For instance, the basic whitten bottom pocket is a little small for getting a jump cue in, but they will put a bigger bottom pocket on it for a little more money. They are hand made, one at a time.

Now I am not that good of a pool player. I got the cowboy instroke used for 150. When I get a little better, I already have the whitten I want picked out, including the colors etc. Now this will be sort of like a present to me, although I love the used instroke I have. You know how neat an old leather jacket is? Sort of like that.

If you want a good solid case and dont want to spend 400, I would go with instroke. Now I will tell you this. I have been using the used leather one and my husband has been using the vinyl instroke. Both are solid and protect the cues very well but he feels and commented that the leather ones were better made.He likes the whitten too and I keep telling him to get one. Very reluctant to spend money on himself.

Well that is about that. If you look back a couple of months, we had a couple threads going about this and you could also get information there too.

Good luck.

Laura

btw,whitten, justice and instroke, you can get 3x6 or 3X5,if you dont mind the additional weight

Fred Agnir
05-06-2003, 06:26 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote L.S. Dennis:</font><hr> I'm thinking about getting another cue case. Can someone recomment a site that sells lots of pool related stuff?

Thanks Dennis <hr /></blockquote>What do you have now? What are your needs? What are your wants? How much you wanting to spend?

Fred

05-06-2003, 07:39 AM
i think your cue case selection should depend on your cue, if you have a cheap cue, then i dont think it matters, but if you shoot with and expensive cue then i would recommend a hard cue case, simply because they can take a beaten and handle the weather very well. so i say choose your case by your cue value.

9 Ball Girl
05-06-2003, 07:44 AM
One of my favorites is Mueller's at www.poolndarts.com (http://www.poolndarts.com) But definitely take into consideration on your cues. If they're inexpensive, than I wouldn't go all out to buy an expensive case, you know?

Which reminds me, I have to buy one of those airport travel cuecase thingys.

Eric.
05-06-2003, 08:02 AM
L.S.D ( /ccboard/images/graemlins/smirk.gif),

Personally, I like Justis cases. http://members.aol.com/jjustis4/

JAck makes a great case. One of the things I like is that it's a tube case, which lets me use it as a cue holder-for example, I'll put my assembled break cue, butt first, into the case instead of leaning the stick against something.

HTH.

Eric

bluewolf
05-06-2003, 08:10 AM
My instroke case also allows me to put in butt first. What I like about whitten and justice is that they are not mass produced, they are personalized to what a person wants.

Laura

L.S. Dennis
05-06-2003, 08:28 AM
Fred,

I'm looking for one of those square style cases that zip around at the top. I need one that holds 2 butts and 5 shafts with 2 pouches (one large and one small) that is attached to the side. I've seen these but I'm not exactly sure who makes them. Any help on this?

WaltVA
05-06-2003, 08:48 AM
Check out www.porper.com (http://www.porper.com) Joe Porper's cases are not expensive, but I used (and abused) one for years, then sold it and still see it at the ph every week, going strong.

Walt in VA

Fred Agnir
05-06-2003, 08:58 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote L.S. Dennis:</font><hr> Fred,

I'm looking for one of those square style cases that zip around at the top. I need one that holds 2 butts and 5 shafts with 2 pouches (one large and one small) that is attached to the side. I've seen these but I'm not exactly sure who makes them. Any help on this? <hr /></blockquote>Sounds like you want a Porper. I don't know if they have the configuration you're looking for. I've seen 2/4, 3/6, and 3/5, but not 2/5. Anyway, if you do decide on a Porper, then go with the Porper, not a Porper knock-off. There's too much at stake to go with a knock-off, IMO.

Fred

bluewolf
05-06-2003, 09:04 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote WaltVA:</font><hr> Check out www.porper.com (http://www.porper.com) Joe Porper's cases are not expensive, but I used (and abused) one for years, then sold it and still see it at the ph every week, going strong.

Walt in VA <hr /></blockquote>

Also, if the porper messes up, falls apart,he will send you a new one. We talked to him at valley forge. Lifetime guarantee.

Laura

Ralph S.
05-06-2003, 11:29 AM
Fred, I have a case question also. I am in need of a case to carry all my junk. I currently have a 3x5, but it aint big enough. Looking for something along the lines of a 4x8 that has the long pouch for the jump cue.

Fred Agnir
05-06-2003, 11:38 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Ralph S.:</font><hr> Fred, I have a case question also. I am in need of a case to carry all my junk. I currently have a 3x5, but it aint big enough. Looking for something along the lines of a 4x8 that has the long pouch for the jump cue. <hr /></blockquote> 4x8? You don't bring this to tournaments, do you?

Porper has a 4/8. It's oval and has a long pouch. I think it might be time you start looking at the 12/24. I've got one to store all my cues, and I bring a more manageable 2/4 (or less) with me to tournaments and such.

Fred &lt;~~~ doesn't own a 4-cue case

SecaucusFats
05-06-2003, 12:05 PM
I know there several I just forgot which ones they were. (End quote).

If you are on a budget and you want a good case that will protect your cues, get a Porper.

If you don't mind shelling out a bit more, then I would recommend an Instroke. IMO, Instroke is the best mass produced case around.

If you can spend even more, and want something really nice, take a look at Justis, and / or, Whitten. Both can be customized to your own particular tastes.

Fats

Clarky
05-06-2003, 12:23 PM
Hi Ralph,

I have a Joe Porper 4x8 that was bought new for Christmas this past year. I would sell it if you are interested, I am currently using the Talisman case instead. The Porper is in mint condition. My email is saintclarky@hotmail.com if you are interested.

MikeM
05-07-2003, 05:40 AM
Check out http://www.nineballking.com/ Kevin is a sometime poster here and has some good deals on cases, particularly on Instrokes.

MM...love my custom 3x7 Instroke

Ralph S.
05-07-2003, 04:41 PM
Yes Fred, I actually carry all that stuff with me. Just ask Scott Lee. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif