PDA

View Full Version : Custom Cue Makers !

05-06-2003, 11:38 AM
I wanted to know if anyone could recommend good custom cue makers to me, i want to have a custom cue made just for me, also i would like to know some price ranges for what am asking.

Thanx CCb Members for any help & advice.

Rich R.
05-06-2003, 11:44 AM
Although not all inclusive, this should give you plenty of names for cuemakers.

http://www.cuemakers.org/aca-rstr.htm

Prices will vary widely, depending on how much decoration you want in your cue.
A starting point for most good custom cue makers will be between $500 and $1000 and the sky is the limit.

Happy shopping.

05-06-2003, 12:03 PM
hey rich, thanx for the link.

i just talked to barry szamboti, and we talked about what i wanted and how i wanted it, unfortunately at the moment he is having some health difficulties, he did recommend one of his friends to me by the name of " Art Cantando " he also gave me a link to check out some of his work at: http://www.ilovecues.com. so am waiting for his call and we'll set something up, again thanx for the link.

caedos
05-06-2003, 12:46 PM
jericocues.com
jericocue.com

I have been playing with two Jerico custom cues for over a year now, and I wouldn't change a thing. One is to play with, and the other I use to break and jump with. He can build any type cue you want to any specifications (well... almost any). From order time to cue in hand is about 6 to 8 weeks, with an awesome service guaranty. His e-mail is jericojerico@direcway.com

Good luck!

Carl Oswald
B.C.A. Referee and Instructor
The Billiard Studio_____________Plano, TX
Cue Tech Poolschool___________Richardson, TX

dg-in-centralpa
05-06-2003, 03:23 PM
I have a Richard Black. Excellent stick. Maybe you might want to wait and talk to custom cue makers at Valley Forge next year. They are very personable and you can see everyone at once.

05-06-2003, 08:21 PM
Since you live in Philly, I have two recommendations:

1. Barry Szamboti is in Feasterville, PA. He is one of the top cuemakers in the world and would certainly provide an exceptional product.

2. Talk with Bob Maidoff at Drexeline Billiards. He is working with another custom cuemaker from Philly who does stunning work at a very reasonable price. Bob uses one of his cues.

Being from Philly, there is no reason to stray from your own back yard. The closer you are to the cuemaker, the easier it is to develop a relationship and work personally with him to get exactly what you want.

Good Luck.

Mike H
05-06-2003, 10:58 PM
Art does beautiful work....I think Eddie Abraham had one of his cues not too long ago. I haven't had the chance to hit with one though. I play with a Lambros. Love it to death.
www.lambroscues.com (http://www.lambroscues.com)

bluewolf
05-07-2003, 05:19 AM
Scruggs is in Baltimore, 2 hours from you. He has a webpage, and an email addie. His cues have a forward balance.He is very good from what I have heard.

Blackheart has a great cue and is very reasonable on prices.The downsize is that you cant play with one first unless you know someone else who has one.If you want, I can bring one to the us open so that you can see how it hits, before having it designed. It has pretty much a mid balance.

Laura

Pizza Bob
05-07-2003, 07:13 AM
Just to add another local....
Mike Capone is only 45 minutes from you, and builds an exceptional stick. The cuemakers.org link, that someone posted previously, will give you the contact info.

Adios,

Pizza Bob