PDA

View Full Version : two questions,cases and magazine

03-25-2002, 01:01 PM
i ordered a instroke case mid december. guess what? i'm still waiting.does anybody know the truth? are there any comparable cases in same price range? justis cases are too expensive for my wallet but looking in the 250-300 range.second question. what is the opinion of anybody on this board of the magazine "inside pool" out of philly.i just read the first issue. seems ok. maybe a step below BD.is it a keeper? jp

Doctor_D
03-25-2002, 01:04 PM
Good afternoon:

Have you looked at the Whitten Cue Cases?

www.whittencuecases.com (http://www.whittencuecases.com)

Dr. D.

03-25-2002, 01:23 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote: Doctor_D:</font><hr> Good afternoon:

Have you looked at the Whitten Cue Cases?

<a target="_blank" href=http://www.whittencuecases.com>www.whittencuecases.com</a>

Dr. D.
<hr></blockquote>

looks like whitten has raised prices a little since i got mine but you can still get one of the best cases made for 300ish depending on size, pouches etc.

i like the fact that it has none of the fancy 'cowboy' stuff but just screams 'quality'.

dan

Doctor_D
03-25-2002, 01:27 PM
Good afternoon:

I can speak from first hand experience because I own a Whitten 2x4, as well as a Jack Justis Custom 2x4. I use the Whitten for everyday and the Justis for major tournaments. The Whitten is an excellent case.

Dr. D.

Cuemage
03-25-2002, 08:01 PM
"Inside Pool" looks good so far...I like seeing some pics of players not usually covered...reminded me of the 7-3 beating Barry Emerson gave me once...plus, they have added Buddy Hall so they do have some "Name Quality"...didn't really care for the "Aim your butt" article though from some other guy...

the Cuemage

cuechick
03-26-2002, 11:12 AM
I saw the whitten cases at Valley Forge and thought there were the classiest, but they are also HEAVY.

As far as the magazine Inside Pool, as a visual person I have a hard time with it. The photos are so BAD, most are out of focus, and the big type is ugly and cheap. I think it has a long, long way to go to compare to BD. I appreciate the most recent attempts by BD's new editor to upgrade the photography in the mag. They have realy made an attempt to use action pics that show some character and emotion. They are not always successful but they are trying....IMO

TalismanTony
03-26-2002, 11:26 PM
We have just launched the new Talisman cue case collection which you might want to take a look at (special introductory offer). We have been swamped with orders so there is a small back log but you would get the case within 20 days delivered to your door - any colour (we can ship the black/green immediately).

Pease feel free to take a look at

http://www.talismanbilliards.com/cuecases.asp

If you have any questions, please email me.

tony@talismanbilliards.com

Tom_In_Cincy
03-26-2002, 11:50 PM
Been using the Instroke Buffalo 2x4 for 4 years and still get great comments about how well it still looks and I still would recommend it to any person wanting a quality case. Well worth the wait.

03-27-2002, 04:50 PM
I got a Whitten case last year. I ordered it at the US Open and got it within a couple of weeks - even special ordered with a name plate on the lid. The Whitten family was super nice and professional. I love that case... it is so classy. The newer cases are not as heavy as they used to be and the padding on the shoulder strap takes away all remaining weight. I highly recommend Whitten!

I found Inside Pool to be simple. And not in a good way. The opinions in the articles are juvenile and poorly written. The pictures are terrible. I have gotten the first 3 issues free at Derby City, DC tourny, and at Valley Forge. Good thing because I wouldn't waste good money on them. Much as I would like to see more media exposure for pool- Inside Pool sucks and better go away soon. Looks like people in pool are uneducated idiots.

03-27-2002, 04:57 PM
tony,

no shoulder strap????

dan...they look great.

SPetty
03-27-2002, 05:16 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote: houstondan:</font><hr> tony,

no shoulder strap????

dan...they look great. <hr></blockquote>

Hi Dan,

I emailed Tony about that, and here is his response:

<blockquote><font class="small">Quote:</font><hr>Yes our cases come with *two* shoulder straps. These are 1 inch thick and have a sliding shoulder pad for comfort. We have two D rings at both the top and bottom of the case so the shoulders straps can be put on and the case carried like a back pack if required. I'll try to get some pics of the straps on the web site. <hr></blockquote>

I don't think he has pictures up, but he now "talks about" straps at the point where the towel hooks onto the strap hook.

I agree, it's a good looking case. Looks like a good deal that I won't be able to pass up this time. I'm just trying to figure out what color to get...

JimS
03-27-2002, 06:44 PM
I have a friend who has been selling these cases on eBay and they are a terrific case. They look to be very well made, nice features like the two straps, the towel holder, zippers around the pocket. Very good looking, classy and no reason to think that they won't protect as well and last as long as other quality cases. I was very impressed.

03-27-2002, 08:12 PM
sorry to be gone so long, job kept me busy. thanks for input on cases. i've been back ordered on a instroke buffalo 2x4 with no info on when it will be in.i'm told instroke is notorious for delays. my frustration is so that i'm considering another. i've seen whittens. they may be my other choice very soon if i still get runaround from instroke. on the magazine, i tend to agree with the majority of the other post. it seems to be written on a very amateur level of journalism.it is not appealing at first glance. and first impressions stay around for a long time. the editor needs to make changes fast, or lose it for good.jp

TalismanTony
03-27-2002, 11:32 PM
I'll get a picture of the straps up today.

03-27-2002, 11:45 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote: TalismanTony:</font><hr> I'll get a picture of the straps up today.

<hr></blockquote>

tony, would the 'double strap, bookbag' thing work on a bike???

dan

04-03-2002, 09:22 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote: Anonymous:</font><hr> i ordered a instroke case mid december. guess what? i'm still waiting.does anybody know the truth? are there any comparable cases in same price range? justis cases are too expensive for my wallet but looking in the 250-300 range.second question. what is the opinion of anybody on this board of the magazine "inside pool" out of philly.i just read the first issue. seems ok. maybe a step below BD.is it a keeper? jp <hr></blockquote>

Hello,

This is John Collins, the owner of Instroke Cue Cases. May I ask who you ordered your case from? We have had stock of the Buffalo 2x4's for months and all backorders on that item have been filled.

Please contact me directly at 1-888-806-0275. I don't know what you have been told but we do have the case you ordered in stock.

John Collins
Instroke Sports LLC

04-03-2002, 09:38 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote: TalismanTony:</font><hr> We have just launched the new Talisman cue case collection which you might want to take a look at (special introductory offer). We have been swamped with orders so there is a small back log but you would get the case within 20 days delivered to your door - any colour (we can ship the black/green immediately).

Pease feel free to take a look at

<a target="_blank" href=http://www.talismanbilliards.com/cuecases.asp>http://www.talismanbilliards.com/cuecases.asp</a>

If you have any questions, please email me.

tony@talismanbilliards.com

<hr></blockquote>

Sorry for the blatant 'Advertising'

You may also look at http://www.instroke.com for our full selection of cases including the Limited Models. We have been swamped with orders for over five years and getting enough high quality cases to our hundreds of dealers is always a problem. An Instroke case is always worth the wait though if you value the protection of your cue over looks and immediate gratification.

We don't have free towels, t-shirts, tips or anything else packaged with our cases. Just the best protection for your cue on the market. I will buy any competitor's case for anyone on this group who can prove in a side by side comparison that any other tube case out there is a better overall value than an Instroke.

Sincerely,

John Collins
Instroke Sports LLC