PDA

View Full Version : Barringer's Moori Tip deal?

Predator314
05-06-2003, 02:43 PM
Anyone know if Barringer cues still has that $7.50 /delivered on moori tips? I bought 4 of them for my friends. Now I want a couple for myself.

snook
05-06-2003, 03:02 PM
i would like to know as well... cheapest ive seen them is 13 for two on ebay but didnt know if this was high or low...

SpiderMan
05-07-2003, 08:10 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Predator314:</font><hr> Anyone know if Barringer cues still has that $7.50 /delivered on moori tips? I bought 4 of them for my friends. Now I want a couple for myself. <hr /></blockquote>

Not sure if that deal is still good. I ordered 50 of them on March 31, and still haven't received them. My check cleared the second week of last month.

When did you order, and when did you receive?

SpiderMan

UWPoolGod
05-07-2003, 08:32 AM
I ordered mine about the same time from the $7.50 eBay deal. I ordered two and they were shipped "last Tuesday", they arrived Monday 5th for some reason. They were in a padded envelope. At least now I can have them put on and try them out.

Todd

Predator314
05-07-2003, 08:53 AM
The first time I ordered two, they came within 3 days. The second time I ordered two more (April 6). I just got them this past Friday (I believe). I emailed them about the delay in shipping on the second order and they said they were waiting on their shipment. Evidently they are getting them shipped from Japan and not keeping them in stock.

Sid_Vicious
05-07-2003, 10:39 AM
Excuse me for maybe not knowing the possible obvious(haven't had a virgin Moori for a long time),,,do these come domed or flat sided tips? Spiderman included two for me in his order and I'm wondering how much labor I'm going to have to install, domed would be nice but not expected for some reason.

Sid

Predator314
05-07-2003, 10:43 AM
They were flat.

Fred Agnir
05-07-2003, 10:55 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Sid_Vicious:</font><hr> Excuse me for maybe not knowing the possible obvious(haven't had a virgin Moori for a long time),,,do these come domed or flat sided tips? Spiderman included two for me in his order and I'm wondering how much labor I'm going to have to install, domed would be nice but not expected for some reason.

Sid <hr /></blockquote>Mine are flat.

Fred

mike_in_iowa
05-07-2003, 11:48 AM
I have kept my mouth shut for too long for what happened to me with my tip. When a buddy of mine and I went to get tip they were buy one moori tip for 9.95 get on tip free. So we ordered 10 moori tips and expected 10 free moori tips free. That is not what we got. Our free tips were phenolic tips. When we called to complain we were told that we got what we ordered and nobody else complained. I guess we did. I wasn't too upset because another guy I know had just gotten back from VF and he paid 14 a piece and had to buy 50 to get that price. So I still did'nt do too bad.

It kinda reminds me of what happened on RSB awhile back when somebody sold the cue picture below on ebay.

UWPoolGod
05-07-2003, 03:54 PM
I think I remember seeing that sale on eBay. If I remember right it was buy a Moori tip get a free hardened tip for jumping, or something like that. I think it was the other way around, buy a phenolic jump tip and get a moori free. Of course the jump tip was more than the moori's.

cycopath
05-07-2003, 04:12 PM
Got mine from the eBay deal. And received them within 5 days.

05-31-2003, 08:50 AM
Hello mike_in_iowa....

Regarding your dissatisfaction with the Jump/Break-Moori Tip offering. The ebay offering specifically stated in clear and concise terms the exact offering. There was nothing misleading unless you read into it something that was not there. I quote from the exact offering...

"This offer is for 1, 2, 5, 10, 20 or 100 of our Jump/Break Tips. All you have to do is buy one of our famous Jump/Break Tips at our regular price of only $9.95 and we'll send you a Genuine &amp; Fresh Medium Moori Tip for free. It's that simple. Order ten Jump/Break tips and get 10 FREE Medium Moori. Order 20 and get 20 FREE Medium Moori. And, that includes FREE shipping to anywhere in the USA by First Class USPS mail; insurance extra."

I'm sorry if you misunderstood that offering. I do remember you writing to us about your confusion. I also remember stating that if you were not happy with your purchase, to please return them for a complete refund. You didn't return them.

I do hope this clarifies the issue.

--
Kind Regards,

Joe Barringer

Barringer Custom Cues
2514 NW Boca Raton Blvd.
Boca Raton, Fl 33431

Web Site: &lt;http://www.BarringerCues.com&gt;
Email: info@BarringerCues.com

Nightstalker
05-31-2003, 09:31 AM
I recently purchased Moori tips for $7.50 from Joe Barringer and after a short B/O period I received them. I am happy with my service and certainly will be doing business with Joe again in the near future.

<font color="blue">The Moori tips came flat, BTW. They need to be shaped upon installation. </font color>

PQQLK9
05-31-2003, 10:17 AM
I received my four Tips yesterday (5/30/03).Good service from Joe.

hadenball
05-31-2003, 10:18 AM
I agree with cyco, everything I have ordered is here within 3 to 5 days. I have talked to Joe alot and if you aren't happy he'll make it right. Haden

UWPoolGod
05-31-2003, 11:24 AM
Yeha I got my 5 tips yesterday as well. Can't wait to try them out

Todd

mike_in_iowa
05-31-2003, 12:01 PM
thanks for the post joe, it was a buddy of mine that ordered the tips. I was out of town that weekend and took his word for it. my mistake. hope this did not cause problems. my bad

mike athens

SpiderMan
05-31-2003, 07:00 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote SpiderMan:</font><hr> <blockquote><font class="small">Quote Predator314:</font><hr> Anyone know if Barringer cues still has that $7.50 /delivered on moori tips? I bought 4 of them for my friends. Now I want a couple for myself. <hr /></blockquote>

Not sure if that deal is still good. I ordered 50 of them on March 31, and still haven't received them. My check cleared the second week of last month.

When did you order, and when did you receive?

SpiderMan <hr /></blockquote>

Just an update, I have received my tip order and am perfectly satisfied with the merchandise. Everything is just as ordered, quantity assortment correct, and genuine article. This is a good deal.

SpiderMan