PDA

View Full Version : 9-ball champions

05-06-2003, 11:43 PM
Hi everyone, this is my first official post here and I'd like to say hello.

Does anyone know where I can find a list of the florida state pool champions for like 1985-1992? Any help is greatly appreciated.

Wally_in_Cincy
05-07-2003, 06:43 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote WaffleHouseKid:</font><hr> Hi everyone, this is my first official post here and I'd like to say hello.

Does anyone know where I can find a list of the florida state pool champions for like 1985-1992? Any help is greatly appreciated. <hr /></blockquote>

Waffle,

Hello.

Nothing like starting out with a tough question /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Wally~~scattered, covered, smothered

Fred Agnir
05-07-2003, 07:07 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote WaffleHouseKid:</font><hr> Hi everyone, this is my first official post here and I'd like to say hello.

Does anyone know where I can find a list of the florida state pool champions for like 1985-1992? Any help is greatly appreciated. <hr /></blockquote>In Florida, I suspect.

Hope this helps,

Fred &lt;~~~ would first ask if there is such a thing as the Florida State Champion

Kato
05-07-2003, 07:33 AM
Private message Voodoo Daddy. If anyone would know it would be him.

Kato~~~don't know what Voodoo knows but once stayed in a Holiday Inn Express.

Popcorn
05-08-2003, 12:50 AM
I don't think there is anything that is a state champion. The closest to it would be a couple of tours they used to have that had a tournaments at the end of the year and to play you had to have a certain amount of points or something like that. Tommy Kennedy won it several times as did Ray Martin and Buddy Hall, David Howard, I think John DiTiro(sp)once . I am curious, why do you want to know this?

DSAPOLIS
05-08-2003, 02:16 PM
Popcorn- "Tommy Kennedy won it several times as did Ray Martin and Buddy Hall, David Howard, I think John DiTiro(sp)once . I am curious, why do you want to know this?"

Also don't forget CM Lee,Tom Brown &amp; the late Mike Carella. It would be nice if someone could trace the history of our sport, especially in seperate areas, such as New York, Boston, Florida, So Cal, No Cal, Midwest, etc.

Popcorn
05-08-2003, 04:56 PM
I knew Mike Carella well, I played him a few times and watched him play a zillion times. Once in an interview, Hopkins was asked who the best player he ever played was? He said "It is a guy you never heard of, Mike Carella, who is dead now." When Mike was murdered, I was one of the first people questioned about it. Someone said they saw us at the track together a few nights earlier. Was not true, I did not even know he was in town till I heard he was killed.

05-10-2003, 08:26 PM
hi,

the reason I am wanting to know is.....I know a gentleman who claims to have been the florida state champion multiple times. I dont know if it was snooker,9-ball,8-ball or what, I just assumed 9-ball. If you knew any of these it would be extremely helpful. I am just trying to figure out if he is an old guy BS'n, or if hes for real. I've played him and hes pretty good, so I suspect he tells the truth.

Popcorn
05-10-2003, 08:48 PM
I know lot people, who is this guy? If he was a Florida state champion in the last 35 years or so, I am pretty sure I may know him. You may PM me if you don't want to put his name on the net.