PDA

View Full Version : Randy G's Cue-Tech Pool School

03-25-2002, 01:07 PM
The Dragon and myself just returned from 3 intensive full days of instruction at Randy's Dallas based Cue-Tech Pool School. Among the 9 enrolled in the class that was led by 3 BCA master instructors along with 2 other Advanced level instructors included 4 CCB regulars, 2 poolroom owners/proprietors, 2 BCA board members and 2 highly ranked professional players.

Wow, what an experience to be around so many knowledgeable instructors, players and passionate students exchanging ideas! Even for a fairly advanced player, it was a bit crammed and overwhelming - but then again it had to be as all of us were coming to this school from long distances.

Even in less than 24 hours after completing the course, I am just starting to realize the tremendous value of all we learned and that it will take a while for all that we were exposed to at this course to truly sink in. The manuals and workbooks provided with the course easily allow us to recall and practice all that we learned.

I would HIGHLY recommend Randy G's Cue-Tech Pool School to anyone involved in this game - be it a passionate student at any skill level looking to improve their game or a billiard instructor (regardless of their experience) looking to further enhance their teaching skills I'm sure we'll likely see other posts soon from other CCB'ers that attended this school this past weekend or previously - all comments welcomed. - Chris in NC

Doctor_D
03-25-2002, 01:30 PM
Good afternoon Chris:

Thank-you for the update. Sounds like an experience which would benefit my game as well. Additionally, I wanted to once again comment on what a pleasure it was to have met you in Valley Forge.

Take care, and keep your head down and follow through!

Dr. D.

TommyT
03-25-2002, 02:51 PM
I too attended Randy and Leslies School in February. The knowledge that was given is like a seed. Witout any attention nothing will come of it. But with a little nurturing the seed of knowledge grows into something useful. Everything they teach cannot be assimilated all at once but with a little thought gradually works its way into your game. Every time I'm at the table I remember little things that help me. Randy if you read this I got the mesh, thanks.
TommyT

Barbara
03-25-2002, 03:53 PM
Knew you'd like it! Plus, I think it's one of the best things you could've done for Drayton being that he is still young and should work on his mechanics for his future game, instead of un-learning/correcting something later on in life.

Now you can see why I holed up in my basement for a good three months before I went to the PH to shoot with someone.

And I'm STILL working at it!

Barbara

03-26-2002, 05:21 PM
Thank you. I'm glad the four of you are home safe and sound. Now the real work starts. Allison and Gerda were special but you and Drayton made our day.....randyg

03-26-2002, 05:22 PM
Barbara; SET-PAUSE-FINISH....love ya...randyg

03-26-2002, 05:24 PM
Tom: You are very welcome. You were truely a great student....randyg

03-26-2002, 05:26 PM
Dr. D, just check in....randyg@poolschool.com

Doctor_D
03-26-2002, 07:13 PM
Good evening:

As requested, checking in!

Dr. D.

Doctor_D
03-26-2002, 07:26 PM
Good evening Randy:

I tried to E-Mail you at the address link you provided in your post. However, the mail daemon has returned it to me stating that it is NOT deliverable. Please E-Mail me directly.

Thanks;

Dr. D.

SPetty
03-27-2002, 05:06 PM
Hi Chris,

As you know, I was one of the other CCB'ers in that class. (I'm not sure who the others were...) I understand that it is not standard operating procedure to have the student instructors and the students together in one class, but it sure seemed to work out well. One of the student instructors even gave me a little help "on the side" ...

Sorry I haven't gotten back to the board sooner - I'm still in surgery recovery mode...

I completely agree that it was well worth attending. The style of instruction done by Randy and Leslie is superb. They did not come across as knowing it all or preaching, but they come across as truly wanting to help you with whatever you need help with.

One of the big secrets is that there is not just one right way of doing "it" - whatever "it" is.

Drayton was a real treat. I can't wait to catch up with him in a few years and see how both he and his game have grown.

Again, the course is well worth taking - they'll definitely see me again!

Barbara
03-27-2002, 10:42 PM
Hey SPetty!

I sincerely hope your recovery is going well! I owe you a bag of nuts and had them on me but you did disappear Saturday and never came back to the TD's Desk!!

Barbara~~~pecanned out for... a... while....

JayCee
03-28-2002, 02:15 AM
I too thought Cue-Tech was great. I enjoyed the instruction from Randy, Leslie, Carl, Jerry, and Rob. They all make a great team and are very effective in their approach. I will most definitely be returning for the advanced class in a year. As for now, I have enough to keep me busy digesting and implementing into my game.

Chris, I'm glad I had the opportunity to meet you. Drayton, you're a good shooter. If you'll put in the work of practicing all we learned, you'll be a very GREAT player in the near future.

Randy, you're right SPF. I dream both day and night about SPF. That one principle alone is a jewel to have.