PDA

View Full Version : For all you tip-put-on-ers...

Predator314
05-07-2003, 07:06 AM
Putting a moori tip on a smaller shaft (in my case a Predator shaft) has always been a pain in the booty. The tips are 14MM and the shaft is 12.75MM. I have a Porper Shaver that will cut the tip even with the ferrule, but it only accept up to a 13MM shaft/tip. So I have to do a lot of manual shaving to get the tip in good shape. This takes forever. Do you professional tip-putter-on-ers have any suggestions?

Fred Agnir
05-07-2003, 07:15 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Predator314:</font><hr> Putting a moori tip on a smaller shaft (in my case a Predator shaft) has always been a pain in the booty. The tips are 14MM and the shaft is 12.75MM. I have a Porper Shaver that will cut the tip even with the ferrule, but it only accept up to a 13MM shaft/tip. So I have to do a lot of manual shaving to get the tip in good shape. This takes forever. Do you professional tip-putter-on-ers have any suggestions? <hr /></blockquote>I think you already do this. Trim it with a razor knife. A little at a time, or else you'll chunk a piece out. Or, you could use a Dremel tool or similar to shave it down into a manageable size. Once it's a manageable size, then put it into the Porper Shaver. That Porper Shaver has to be able to take tips larger than 13mm, as 13mm is the most common [/b]finished[/b] size. My guess is that you didn't put the tip on centered, which can be difficult without a tool or fixture.

Personally, you have to live with the pain unless you are willing to get other equipment.

Fred

PQQLK9
05-09-2003, 08:25 AM
Thats why I will not buy a Porper Shaver. /ccboard/images/graemlins/mad.gif