PDA

View Full Version : Pool toys you can't live without.

Predator314
05-07-2003, 10:18 AM
Pool has some of the neatest gadgets of about any sport (almost as good as golf). What are some of the gadgets/tools/accessories that you can't live without. I like my tip tools. I have a Willards shaper and an ultimate tip tool.

Michelle
05-07-2003, 10:44 AM
I love my It's George tip tool and my magnetic pocket chalk holder (I'd never use chalk if I didn't carry it around with me). And, in case I ding my shaft during an important competition, I carry a Dent Buffer around, so I can get the ding out and not drive myself crazy every time I feel it.

And, not exactly a toy, but I have a 13-ball key chain hanging from my rearview mirror that I am pretty fond of...I decided against the 8-ball though, cuz I thought that might get me pulled over and give the cops the wrong idea...

05-07-2003, 10:45 AM
This is true. Pool does have the neatest gadgets. I have searched far and wide for some of the "neastest" and most original pool gadgets. I thought I might share them with you here.

1. I have the largest case ever made. It holds 48 shafts and 24 butts. Do I put my Bushka in that? NO WAY! I have a specially make samsonite titanium case for that. It's my baby. If it were to get scratched, I would lose my mind.

2. I have the one and only ULTRA TOOL. On it are a sander, scruffer, shaper, scissors, a ball point pen, my medical alert information, and a camping stove.

3. My "On the Snap" warmup jacket. While not really a jacket per se, my warm up jacket is the same worn by Buste, Efren, Santos, and Andam. It makes me shoot better. Maybe that's just mental. But something tells me it's not.

4. My stroke straitener. I got this at a shop in the red light district in Amsterdamn. It's not directly pool related, but it sure does help me relax before a big tournament.

5. An extra set of balls. I always carry around an extra set of centennial balls. They're heavy, and difficult to carry on my scooter, but they really come in handy when I'm at a room that doesn't clean their balls. My application of english is precise down to the millemeter. Any dirt on the balls will cause me to miss position by a an inch, and we all know how costly THAT can be!!!!!!!!!!

6. My coach. I always bring my coach with me whether I'm practicing or playing in a tournament. He is a midget (sorry, Karl, "little person"). He fits nicely in 24 butt, 48 shaft case.

PQQLK9
05-07-2003, 10:51 AM
http://www.gasmasksusa.com/images/c3chembio.gif

This is my favorite for those really smokey times /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

cheesemouse
05-07-2003, 11:05 AM
/ccboard/images/graemlins/cool.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/cool.gif LOL you guys crack me up........ /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

I travel light.....tip pick & a piece of leather...

Fred Agnir
05-07-2003, 11:21 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Predator314:</font><hr> Pool has some of the neatest gadgets of about any sport (almost as good as golf). What are some of the gadgets/tools/accessories that you can't live without. I like my tip tools. I have a Willards shaper and an ultimate tip tool. <hr /></blockquote>I've got most every pool-related gimcrack available. The two that I have to have with me:

Holdup Cue Holder (IMO, by far the best portable stick holder)

chalk on a rope (Porper, red-anodized)

Fred

Sid_Vicious
05-07-2003, 11:41 AM
No tip tools for the case, i.e. piks, scuffers, shaper, etc. but the PVC pipe made into shapers using sandpaper for my tip installs are no-can-do-without. Then there's the spinner gizmo Spiderman made for shaft spinning, that is a have to have item. Besides that, my magnetic chalk holder is all I'd HAVE to have to feel at home...sid

bluewolf
05-07-2003, 12:23 PM
1. Q-wiz
2. Willard
3. cue chalk holder
4. Kool looking leather case

laura

Eric.
05-07-2003, 12:31 PM
Gadgets? Hmmm lemme see...

Well, I got this thing with a leather tip on it, and the other half of that wooden contraption. Oh yeah, joint protectors. What else do you need? /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Eric &gt;also has a Willards on the keychain

Rod
05-07-2003, 12:39 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote cheesemouse:</font><hr> /ccboard/images/graemlins/cool.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/cool.gif LOL you guys crack me up........ /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

I travel light.....tip pick &amp; a piece of leather... <hr /></blockquote>

Oh I'm much heavier Cheese! A tip file, only used to knurl the tip, man I dislike people that tap! LOL I have a little plastic thing, williard I think to burnish the side of the tip. Just in case of a bad miscue, it rarely gets used. A small worn out sheet of 800 grit, and one of those 1" wide nail files. Oh yes 1 small bottle with ibuprofen. Well you know pool can be a pain sometimes. /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

pooltchr
05-07-2003, 12:49 PM
My case has two cues plus a bungee jumper, a leather bridge head to fit on my break cue (I'm amazed how many times I've had to use it when there is no bridge available), tip pik, 800 grit paper and my mag chalk holder. I LOVE my own chalk, and knowing it's on my belt means I don't have to wait for the idiot who thinks after he misses, he should pick up the chalk and work on his cue like he's going to get another chance to shoot! LOL

arn3
05-07-2003, 12:57 PM

SharpCat
05-07-2003, 03:10 PM
1 Cue Holder for my custom Jacobs cue
2 Tip pic + at least 2 pieces Masters blue
3 Floridafed custom wood case 2x4

Ralph S.
05-07-2003, 04:26 PM
The gadgets in my case, including cues:
1&gt;Jacoby custom cue w/pearl inlays
2&gt;McDermott cue {one of the best I ever owned}
3&gt;Stealth jump cue
4&gt;Stealth masse cue {these suckers are so cool} /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif
5&gt;ultimate tip tool
6&gt;half dozen pieces of masters chalk
7&gt;deer antler bridge head
8&gt;9ball towel &lt;for sweatin the big money matches, well
used too&gt; /ccboard/images/graemlins/blush.gif
9&gt;one of them shaft slickers
10&gt;magnetic chalk holder

cycopath
05-07-2003, 04:30 PM
My Sandman shaper
http://cyco.xsintrk.net/pics/ccb/cue_ca2.jpg

My Willard shaper
http://cyco.xsintrk.net/pics/ccb/cue_ca1.jpg

My 8 Ball towel
http://cyco.xsintrk.net/pics/ccb/8balltowel.jpg

And my bandana, cause I'm a fat sweaty guy.
http://cyco.xsintrk.net/pics/ccb/bandana.jpg

Barbara
05-07-2003, 05:25 PM
The Tip-Pikker.

Still have it, though. Can't give it up. Once in a while I have to Tip-Pik.

I need a 12-step program or my Talisman tips are going to get it! Ooooo, those poor Mooris...

Barbara~~~if I practiced more, the tips would be in REAL trouble...

snook
05-07-2003, 07:31 PM
magnetic chalk
long ribbed shaper
its george shaper/tapper
cue cue leather slicker
super fine steel wool
extra blue masters
joint protectors
meucci hi pro 2
duffrin breaker

pooldaddy9
05-07-2003, 07:32 PM
I can get by without my tip tool but I can't play without my snap-in chalk holder. I'm lost without it. Kinda like when you forget to wear your watch. I had a magnetic one but the chalk bumped off too easy, the snap-in kind hold much better.

Sid_Vicious
05-07-2003, 08:11 PM
TP Anon is still holding a seat in your name Barb...sid~~~can be shut up with a double dose of those nuts ;-)

Rich R.
05-08-2003, 04:32 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote cheesemouse:</font><hr> I travel light.....tip pick &amp; a piece of leather... <hr /></blockquote>
Cheese, I don't think we should be discussing your personal life here. /ccboard/images/graemlins/blush.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

In addition to the tip-pik, a shaper and a tapper, my favorite tip tool is the Brad Scuffer. When going to the pool hall, I don't leave home without it. I keep the Scuffer in my pocket all of the time. The other tools rarely leave my case.

SecaucusFats
05-08-2003, 09:35 PM
Cue slicker
Cue Holder
Alcohol prep swabs
Piece of 100 grit sandpaper for shaping tips
Lou Butera Tip Tapper
Tip Pik
Q Smooth
Spinalli Bridge Head
Master Chalk
Cue Silk
Shooting glove
Prescription shooting glasses
Small (but very sharp) swiss army pocket knife
Clean towel
Instroke 2 x 4 case
A pill box with Advil, Tums, and Immodium (some of that pool hall 'cuisine' can do a number on you, LOL).

I have a dozen or more gadgets, training aids, etc., but the above is what carry with me (plus my cues, of course).

Fats