PDA

View Full Version : Rail Bridges

05-07-2003, 03:34 PM
What do you do with your bridge when the CB is less than 2 inches away from the cushion? Do you use a normal rail bridge with a very restricted backswing and follow through? I use my normal closed bridge, I put my fingertips on the edge of the table so my palm is hanging out there. The cue is level and there is ample room for follow through/backswing. Does this sound reasonable?

dg-in-centralpa
05-07-2003, 05:17 PM
It depends on the shot I'm about to try. If I use high english, I'll use a normal rail bridge. If I have to stop or draw the CB, I use a closed bridge. Do what feels comfortable to you.

bluewolf
05-08-2003, 05:06 AM
At first I was very awkward with this. Now it is comfortable just by 'going with the flow' and doing the one that is stable and comfortable.

Now shooting over a ball, another thing. Very hard for me to make that shot unless it is an easy one and then hardly ever can get any shape. Lucky just to get it in.

Scott Lee
05-08-2003, 10:01 AM
Dustin...Yes, that is the correct way to bridge the cue, when you are close to, or even on the rail! Your fingertips should rest on the outside edge of the rail, allowing for a full backswing.

Scott Lee