PDA

View Full Version : The Darwin Awards

nAz
05-08-2003, 10:40 AM
The Darwin Awards honor those who improve our gene pool by removing themselves from it. We commemorate the actions of men and women who gave their all, in an effort to improve the human species. Of necessity, the honor is usually bestowed posthumously.

Of course Im not on the list, when i die it will be a lost to mankind /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

One of my favorite stories from the site:
8 February 2002, Pennsylvania) Outside a camp for troubled youths, sneakers dangled from the electricity line, presumably tossed there by a camper who enjoyed the challenge and notoriety. But the sneakers were an eyesore to one 20-year-old employee. They must be eliminated!

He stood in the raised bucket of a front-end loader, and poked at the sneakers with a device consisting of a fourteen-foot coppper tube with a pocketknife taped to the end. The determined employee had nearly removed a pair of shoes, when the knife pierced the insulation and made contact with the electrical wire. He was knocked out of the bucket and landed on the hood of the loader, with burns on his hands, a foot, and his buttocks. He died from his injuries three weeks later.

Does his death seem the obvious result of a foolish choice? Not according to his mother, who said, "Nobody knows what really happened." LOL

http://www.darwinawards.com/

eg8r
05-08-2003, 10:44 AM
[ QUOTE ]
The Darwin Awards honor those who improve our gene pool by removing themselves from it. We commemorate the actions of men and women who gave their all, in an effort to improve the human species. Of necessity, the honor is usually bestowed posthumously. <hr /></blockquote> This intro cracks me up. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

eg8r

nAz
05-09-2003, 01:14 AM
You know i had a feeling you would like that. lol

UWPoolGod
05-09-2003, 08:52 AM
I hate people who pee in the gene pool...it gets yucky.