PDA

View Full Version : Q-masters web page?

05-08-2003, 12:18 PM
Did Barry do away with his web page or is it at another web address? Q-masters.com has been down for 6 months. How are we sopposed to order our US OPEN tickets this year?

9 Ball Girl
05-08-2003, 12:20 PM
Huh? There are no problems with the website. A whole bunch of us have already ordered our tickets.

http://www.q-masters.com/

05-09-2003, 07:41 AM
I can't get it on my work or home computer. Haven't for six months. WONDER WHY????

Hopster
05-09-2003, 09:46 AM
The link Wendy put up worked fine for me.

05-09-2003, 09:57 AM
I tried it again NOTHING I give up

9 Ball Girl
05-09-2003, 10:23 AM
Well, if you can't bring Mohammed to the Mountain, then bring the Mountain to Mohammed! Is that right? Anyway....

For tickets call 1-866-393-8900 11AM - 7PM EST

You probably can't see the seating chart which is http://www.q-masters.com/seating_chart.html but I can tell you that the Gold VIP Seat in Row C Seat 22 is sold. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

05-09-2003, 11:33 AM
9 ball girl you did it. I've been trying to see that chart for months U DA BEST.I'll see ya there. If I see you down at Q Masters I'll even let you give me the 7, cuz ya shoot like a girl. THANKS ALOT

heater451
05-09-2003, 02:23 PM
I know that 9BG got you to the chart, but out of curiosity, what browser are you running?

=========================

05-10-2003, 10:24 AM
I don't even know what a browser is, but now I can get thier web page at home but still not at work. Computers frustrate me

9 Ball Girl
05-10-2003, 11:23 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote EL'NINO:</font><hr> I don't even know what a browser is, but now I can get thier web page at home but still not at work. Computers frustrate me <hr /></blockquote>

Are you using Netscape, Internet Explorer, are you browsing using AOL's browser, etc.?

05-10-2003, 08:02 PM
Netscape at work - Internet Explorer at home.I don't understand, don't they all get to the same web pages. Still frustrated!!

05-10-2003, 09:31 PM
I do this stuff for a living, so maybe I can help. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Yes, all browsers get to the same web pages (well, theoretically at least -- it's possible for the web server to detect the browser version, and behave very differently or send different pages to different browsers). However, not all browsers, or even all versions of the same browser, are compatible with all web sites. They all support different versions, flavors, and dialects of HTML and JavaScript (the markup and scripting languages that web pages are written in). So what works on one browser may not work on another. This is especially common with non-IE browsers like Netscape/Mozilla, as most sites on the internet today are designed with Internet Explorer in mind -- and unfortunately take advantage of IE-specific functionality. Don't get me started on that rant... /ccboard/images/graemlins/mad.gif

However, before we start troubleshooting browser issues, I'm wondering if you're just having a DNS server issue (a DNS server is like a phone book that looks up the name you type into a browser, like www.q-masters.com (http://www.q-masters.com), and translates that into an internet address). To test that theory try to access the website directly from its IP address, like so:

http://207.195.198.45

If that works then you have a DNS issue and should take it up with your ISP -- perhaps your DNS zone isn't being updated properly or completely. Until it gets fixed, you can refer to the site by this address, provided it doesn't have a dynamic IP that changes often. You don't want to depend on it longterm, as that is the purpose of DNS servers -- to keep you pointing to a site even if the IP address changes. It's also possible, although unlikely, that your IP address range has been blocked by Q-Master's server or ISP. This sometimes happens when a server receives a distributed hacker attack from trojans dropped on unsuspecting users of an ISP. If enough attacks are traced back to a specific range of addresses, sometimes they just block them all, even if yours was never involved in the attack.

Barring those problems, let's look at your browser issues. What sort of error message or response are you seeing in your browsers when you try to access the site in question? What versions of those browsers are you running? Go to the 'Help' menu and choose 'About' to find your version if you don't know it. Since you're saying this problem exists on two different PC's with two different browsers, it's a bit of a mystery because that almost certainly rules out corrupt or defective software, or a mis-configuration issue (unless you happened to mis-configure both browsers to product the same results -- unlikely).

I've captured and examined the source HTML for the Q-Master's website. I did notice that their scripting code appears to be written to recognize the differences between IE and Netscape/Mozilla. My guess is that your problem might be caused by the embedded MIDI audio file, although you should still be able to see the page, you just might get an error about a plugin not being installed. I'm wondering if you have a tight security setting or other browser option that is causing things to go squirrelly.

Let me know what you find out...

ted harris
05-11-2003, 03:44 PM
After you have arrived at;
http://www.q-masters.com/
and received an error, hold down the "ctrl" button on your keyboard and press the refresh icon on the menubar at the top of the screen. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif