PDA

View Full Version : Post deleted by ccboard_admin

03-25-2002, 06:23 PM

cheesemouse
03-25-2002, 08:05 PM
Whitewolf,
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote:</font><hr>I am just curious to hear some of your explanations as to why some people catch on quickly and others donít, and maybe some good teaching techniques. Also interested in why some people go brain dead when the pressure is high.<hr></blockquote>

I'm not sure if it is my right brain or left brain that makes me say things like this but here goes...your problem is the three engineers. Engineers are weird and prefer to operate without emotions, there are no formulas for emotions, so, the engineers mind turns into mush when the emotion of pressure starts to creep-up their respective legs. They have no skill for taking 'pressure' and turning it into something that raises their level of play. Now that may be a harse assessement of the general population of engineers but I would make an educated guess that these guys can't dance either; there is too much pressure...I'm sorry if this comes across as an attempt on my part to be humorous but I'm serious. I have a brother who is an engineer and watching him dance is like having root canal w/o drugs... My suggestion is to go dancing with them and if they won't even go out and try to dance kick them off the pool team; they are untrainable.

Gayle in MD
03-25-2002, 09:51 PM
Cheesemouse, I love this post, LMAO, and while we're offending all the engineers out there, I don't think sail boaters can dance either! I swear, I've been boating for many years, and sail boaters have no rhythm! Bet they can't shoot pool either, lol. But, seriously, there is a certain rhythm to things, and I do think that shooting pool is one of them. I have had this discussion with leonard #### before. Where are you Dick?
Gayle in Md

03-25-2002, 11:02 PM
I agree. "untrainable" can cause a team breakdown just as easy as lack of teamwork. If the team doesn't learn to sacrifice a personal style of playing to help the team progress, it can be frustrating. It sounds like the team manager is trying to do his job, and these guys want to relax. Maybe it would be more satisfactory to have less skillful players who would want to learn.