PDA

View Full Version : Buying a new cue

05-08-2003, 03:55 PM
Hey guys im new here as you can probably tell. To tell you a lil about me first should be in order.
I'm 22 and have been playing pool since i could remember. up untill about last year i use to just play every once in a while but since about last july ive found myself playing pool about 3-4 times a week from 10pm-2am. It gives me time to relax. if the pool hall was open longer i would be there longer. I work 2 jobs and pool has become my life.

Well getting to my question. A friend just bought a Lucasi 2004nb(i think thats the model #) he has had it for 2 weeks at the most and he wants to sell it to me for 250. that also includes a brand new extra shaft. i have used it and i love the way it hits. and i am getting sick of my graphite cue. so would that be a good investment or should i tell him to go a lil lower since the cue retails for $220 about there.

Thanks guys and this looks like a great place.
Chuck

pooljunkie73
05-08-2003, 04:11 PM
How ya doing?If you could get him to drop the price,hey why not?i own a Lucasi and like the hit,i think it's a good cue.With the extra shaft it's a good deal. pooljunkie73 /ccboard/images/graemlins/cool.gif

05-08-2003, 11:44 PM
The extra shaft was never even used. I going to get it either way next thursday. I really like the dark blue pearl ilays on the cue and its a light color stain. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

pooltchr
05-09-2003, 08:11 AM
Manufactures retail on the cue is $219 and $90 for an extra shaft. ($110 with the Unilock joint, but I don't believe that model had a Unilock). If it's only 2 weeks old, it should be fine unless he has put some dings and dents in the shaft. Probably not a bad buy, but you might get him to drop his price a little bit if you work on it.

Steve~~~Loves his Lucasi!