PDA

View Full Version : Extra long cue

05-09-2003, 09:49 AM
Hello all, At the tender young age of 45 I've just bought a table and taken up this new sport. I've played very little up to this point. I am 6'6" and my question is do I need to try to find an extra long cue? I've been playing with the cheap cues that came with the table and a Dufferin I bought that is so crooked it looks like a shepherd should be using it.
Any recommendations of a manufacturer or custom cue maker that offer longer lengths. I see Pechauer has 60" cues and I looked at the Queperfect website that was interesting but I'm not sure about dealing with someone out of the country. Anyway, thanks, and glad to be on the board.

UWPoolGod
05-09-2003, 09:55 AM
Welcome to-
Any custom make would be able to build you a 60" cue. Even a plain sneaky pete for around $250-$500 w/wo wrap, points, etc.

I am only 6'3" and I am having a custom made right now at 60" as well. I had shot with a 59" cue and loved it over a standard 58", figured I would go two extra inches this time.

Todd

Rich R.
05-09-2003, 10:00 AM
Welcome to the CCB.

Any custom cue maker can make you a extra long cue. I'm not sure how many of the production cue companies offer them.
Maybe you can find custom cue builder in your area. Check this list.

http://www.cuemakers.org/aca-rstr.htm

If you can't find one there, let us know in what part of the country you are located and maybe some one can help.

Good luck.

rackboyut
05-09-2003, 10:11 AM
You can also get an oversized cue from McDermott. I guy i used to play pool with has a 60" from them and it shoots well.

Barbara
05-09-2003, 10:35 AM
Tall Guy, (can't call you Stretch - we already have one /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif )

The length of your cue will really depend on yur wingspan. Of course, being 6'6", you probably have a large one.

A cuemaker would be best to help you find the length cue you want. You may possibly need a cue longer than 60".

BTW, Pechauer makes a great cue, but I'm a little biased!

Good luck!

Barbara

SpiderMan
05-09-2003, 12:48 PM
Check your private messages.

SpiderMan