PDA

View Full Version : the wpba BLOWS AN OPPORTUNITY

arn3
05-09-2003, 06:42 PM
whether the wpba or espn.....a golden opportubity for them was blown. i just saw a tape from the finals in florida.

televising jasmine ouschan would have been a better decision and for promoting their sport. at 16, she's a natural, and a no-brainer choice, finals or not.

Chris in NC
05-10-2003, 03:58 PM
Jasmin's time in the limelight will come - hopefully soon! If the WPBA is successful in landing the Women's 9-Ball World Championships for the next 5 years (which they are currently bidding for), this will provide us in the States with a tremendous opportunity to see all the international top players competing for a World Championship title right here in the U.S., which hasn't happened since 1997. - Chris in NC

arn3
05-10-2003, 04:48 PM
she'll get her time, but if women's pool and pool in general would like to make inroads to a younger demographic in order to establish a base support, and at the same time improve their image to all demographics, then a 16 year old would be the perfect image for them.

Chris in NC
05-10-2003, 05:28 PM
Newbie, I agree totally with you - and her great looks add even more to her potential for marketing both herself, women's pro pool and pool in general as far as future growth / popularity.

From what I've seen and heard, Jasmin is already quite well marketed - as in a photo from last year's WPBA Nationals she appeared to have logo representation from at least 5 different sponsors on her blouse!

Apparently her parents and coach have her on a well thought out and IMO wise plan to finish school before turning pro and playing here regularly in the States, so we may have to wait a little longer. - Chris in NC

snipershot
05-10-2003, 05:40 PM
Jasmin will be in the big spotlight soon enough, I think she is the future of women's pool, I'm not exactly sure how old Karen or Allison are but Jasmin will be around for a long time to come. Her good looks and her talent should and can be used to get more people interested, I think of her kind of like the Anna Kournikova of pool (except she's good at her sport /ccboard/images/graemlins/smirk.gif). This young girl is going to do wonders for the sport for a long time to come.

arn3
05-10-2003, 06:25 PM
good for her and them. the sponsorship is european, i am sure(like coca cola austria or europe), so she is set there and in her country. she could probably market herself like jeanette, something ewa missed the boat on.

<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Chris in NC:</font><hr> .

From what I've seen and heard, Jasmin is already quite well marketed - as in a photo from last year's WPBA Nationals she appeared to have logo representation from at least 5 different sponsors on her blouse!

Apparently her parents and coach have her on a well thought out and IMO wise plan to ,,,<hr /></blockquote>