PDA

View Full Version : I have two words for you...

rackmup
05-11-2003, 08:33 AM
...Smoked Pork butt (sloooow cooked on a rotisserie), homemade bbq beans (not from a can), mustard potato salad, roasted corn, ton's of butter, cole slaw, warm crusty bread and a fresh, strawberry cheesecake...all washed down by an ice cold beer (or two) to officially announce "Summer Weather" in the grand state of Texas.

Who's coming over? It's just me and the two dogs. I'm smiling. The dogs? Oh, they're really smiling.

Regards,

Ken (okay...it was more than two words.)

cheesemouse
05-11-2003, 09:03 AM
I read your post and shortly afterwards I found myself standing in front of my refrigerator...

Kato
05-11-2003, 09:07 AM
Tonight I will be feasting on the all you can eat seafood buffet at Whale Harbor Inn, Islamorada, in the fabulous Florida Keys. While it sounds delicious Ken, frozen rum runners with 151 floaters are calling me. I'll take a rain check though.

Kato~~~on vacation.

Barbara
05-11-2003, 09:29 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Kato:</font><hr> Tonight I will be feasting on the all you can eat seafood buffet at Whale Harbor Inn, Islamorada, in the fabulous Florida Keys. While it sounds delicious Ken, frozen rum runners with 151 floaters are calling me. I'll take a rain check though.

Kato~~~on vacation. <hr /></blockquote>

Okay, and where are we all eating again next Saturday night??

Kato, I can make a pretty mean pulled pork. I use my slow cooker. First of all, whatever cut of pork you want to use, always brown it in a skillet first. All sides, too. Then I throw it in the slow cooker on low with a couple cups of your favorite BBQ sauce for 10 hours. It'll shred by itself, it gets that tender.

Right now I'm making my hubby's fav-o-rite slow cooked pot roast. I browned the meat, then put it in the slow cooker. Chopped up an onion, some carrots and one rib of celery and threw those into the skillet for about 10 minutes so the onion gets soft. Then I added 1 cup of red wine and a can of crushed tomatos and simmered for 2 minutes. Then added 2 tbs of chopped parsley with 1 tsp of dried thyme. Simmered for 2 more minutes. Then I add that on top of the pot roast and slow cook for 9-10 hours.

The meat literally falls apart. And the best thing is that I take all the liquids and puree them in a mixer to make the gravy. Actually, Pete named it a completely new food group, it's so delicious!!

If you plan on getting a slow cooker, I highly recommend Rival. There is a difference between slow cookers and crock pots!

Barbara~~~has to resist temptation to lift the lid to taste... /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

rackmup
05-11-2003, 09:29 AM
...tomorrow's lunch box will be filled with leftovers, most importantly, with two VERY large shredded pork sandwiches, slathered in homemade 'que sauce.

Can't wait for dinner and looking forward to lunch tomorrow.

And hey...how' bout them Dallas Mavericks?

Regards,

Ken (getting bbq fingerprints all over this keyboard)

wolfdancer
05-11-2003, 09:31 AM
Easy to understand, Cheese....you responded to a subliminal message
now send me all your money
151 Rum, Fla? ..I'm salivating, or is that just drooling

cheesemouse
05-11-2003, 09:35 AM
What's a Dallas Mavericks?
I've never eaten one of those....

cheesemouse
05-11-2003, 09:37 AM
wolfdancer,
The checks in the mail..... /ccboard/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Barbara
05-11-2003, 09:40 AM
....that for you low-carb eaters, the "gravy" is only 10 grams (2 g of dietary fiber) per 1/2 cup. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Barbara

Sid_Vicious
05-11-2003, 11:55 AM
Having only 2 beers on tap, I'll have to ride to "you know where" and dine around a 9 footer...sid~~~have a great time there dogs

dg-in-centralpa
05-11-2003, 01:12 PM
I wish I could join you but... Central PA is a long drive off. Have fun! /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

snipershot
05-11-2003, 04:48 PM
Yes I am jealous, I am now also very hungry as well.

c.holtz009
05-11-2003, 06:21 PM
http://www.thesimpsonsplanet.de/homer/images/homer,%20now/homer_028.gif

mmmmmm....smoked pork butt........

snook
05-11-2003, 08:02 PM
last saturday for my sisters graduation party we roasted a 230 pound pig. it was SO good, were still eating the leftover meat. but tonight i think i'll go back in the day and have pb&amp;j's

Voodoo Daddy
05-13-2003, 10:28 AM
Poor guy has to wait until summer to eat all that? Commonplace in the Sunshine State, PIG is 24/7...365 here. The sides are subject to debate, dependin on the culture. I miss /ccboard/images/graemlins/frown.gif TX...the lady I left behind and the guys I hung with one Saturday afternoon. Summertime here means HURRICANES...MOSQUITOES...and RIDING IN THE RAIN, ALOT!!

stickman
05-13-2003, 11:42 PM
I don't have to wait for summer, just payday. Next payday, some friends are coming over for smoked racks of ribs, homemade smoked baked beans (to die for), german potato salad, and homemade coleslaw. Bring you own beverage, and extra for me. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif If the extra fine woman I'm inviting shows up, what more could any man want? Simple pleasures are the best. Good food, good drink, good friends, and a good woman, what more could you want? /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif And if for some reason she doesn't show, three out of four still ain't bad. I'll invite somebody else the next time.

Kato
05-14-2003, 08:52 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote wolfdancer:</font><hr>151 Rum, Fla? ..I'm salivating, or is that just drooling <hr /></blockquote>

For some reason, RumRunners just taste better in the FL Keys. That 151 Bacardi just brings it all out.

Kato