PDA

View Full Version : Need advise on Pool Table for fancy garage

05-11-2003, 05:51 PM
I'm in Southern California and using 2 of a 3 car garage for game room (about 16' by 16'.) Carpet and painted wallboard. I am 2 miles from the beach so concerned about moist air, warping and change of shape with humidity. Want 1" slate, functional, cheepest possible, highest reliability, new (unless you know someone to deliver and set up). I want to buy a "GREAT PLAYING AND INEXPENSIVE" table to see if we use it. Am thinking about AMF Oxford (cost$2160) due to the feet and my slant in the garage. Is this what I am looking for? If not please advise. (I will take all the help I can get) If we use table a lot, a good looking table is in the future. <font color="blue"> </font color> <font color="blue"> </font color> <font color="black"> </font color>

05-11-2003, 07:56 PM
as long as the place is insulated, as for the slant you have in your garage, i would suggest you try and get the ground leveled before placing a pooltable their, as for everything esle. you should be ok. HTH

HTH = hope that helped !

05-11-2003, 08:32 PM
I think my slant is less than an inch. Thanks for your reply.

Rod
05-11-2003, 09:00 PM
Maxine
16' is not enough room. It would be for a 3'x6'. A std bar table is 3 1/2'x 7'. You would have to use a shorter cue on a ball frozen on an end rail shot if you bought a 7 footer. It's close but not quite. A std cue is 58' long, plus you need room to stroke. Your ok on width. BTW, they do make short cues but I'm not a fan. Do some exact measuring so you'll know.

Rod

05-11-2003, 10:55 PM
The garage is 20 by 16 with a hallway in one corner, 16 by 16 is just that one corner's shortest point. Any comment on the choice of table or pricing? Thank you.

Rod
05-11-2003, 11:09 PM
No not really, there are outside tables made though. I know it's not exactly outside but it is subject to similar conditions. Someone will come along with more info, probably tommorrow. BTW what size table are you going to buy? 8 footer?, Just so others will know.

Rod

cheesemouse
05-12-2003, 06:03 AM
Maxine,
I suggest you find a poolhall that is within your two mile zone from the beach and ask them about atmospheric conditions. Here is the e-mail address of a guy who does some selling/brockering of used pooltables in your area: JAYELF@aol.com

Snyder1
05-12-2003, 07:24 AM
Maxine ... the Brunswick &amp; Oldhausen sites have room layout schemes ... they tell you how large a room you'll need for a given sized pool table - should be exactly what you need ...

JS

bluewolf
05-12-2003, 08:16 AM
We would like to get a 9ft table as soon as we can.

I have also heard that Brunswick and Olhausen were very good.

Someone told me diamond pro was good and reasonable price. But someone else told me that they bank funny and no one knows why.

Laura

eg8r
05-12-2003, 08:36 AM
Every garage I have seen is slanted a little. Design reasons of course. You don't have to worry about leveling the ground per se, just level the table. When I was growing up, we had a table in the garage and it was no problem. Just put some shims under the two legs until the table is level (We used steel plates).

eg8r

05-12-2003, 08:40 AM
I'm insulating the walls. I am thinking about 7' table.
I will ask a bar about moisture concerns. Any opinions about the AMF Oxford with 1" slate with upgraded equip package for
$2200?