PDA

View Full Version : Pool on TV....... THIS WEEK

Wally_in_Cincy
05-12-2003, 12:31 PM
Pool on TV-all times EDT
===============================
9:00 PM ESPN2 Monday, 12
Pool WPBA Classic Tour 60 min. WPBA Classic Tour semifinal action in Robinsonville, Miss.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
3:00 PM ESPN Tuesday, 13
Pool Women's Tournament of Champions 60 min. The women's Tournament of Champions finals in Uncasville, Conn.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
<font color="blue">This looks interesting. Has anyone seen it?</font color>
3:00 PM SCI-FI Tuesday, 13
Quantum Leap Pool-Hall Blues 60 min. Sam picks up the cue of a 1950s Chicago pool shark, and finds himself committed to a game that will determine his granddaughter's future. Violet: Shari Headley. Eddie: J.W. Smith. Grady: Teddy Wilson. The Brush: Ken Foree. Sam: Scott Bakula.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
8:00 PM ESPN2 Tuesday, 13
Pool Trick Shot 60 min. Trick-shot competition in Baltimore.
9:00 PM ESPN2 Tuesday, 13
Pool WPBA Classic Tour 60 min. WPBA Classic Tour semifinal action in Robinsonville, Miss.
1:00 PM ESPN Wednesday, 14
Pool International Challenge of Champions 60 min. The final match of the International Challenge of Champions in Uncasville, Conn.
CHECK LOCAL LISTINGS Thursday, 15
Dharma &amp; Greg Do the Hustle 30 min. Dharma finds a way to bond with Kitty---and score some cash---after unleashing her mother-in-law's secret skills as a pool player. Greg, meanwhile, races around town to find a replacement rat after killing his wife's beloved house pest.
1:00 PM ESPN Friday, 16
Pool <font color="red">2001</font color> International Challenge of Champions 60 min. The 2001 International Challenge of Champions.
4:00 PM ESPN Friday, 16
1:00 PM WGN Saturday, 17
Fresh Prince of Bel-Air Banks Shot 30 min. Will crawls to Philip for help after sneaking out on the town and getting hustled by sleazy pool sharks. Charlie the Mack: J.D. Hall. Fred: Hugh Dane. Gloria: Angela Gordon. Louie: Jeff Chayette. Philip: James Avery.
4:00 PM ESPN Sunday, 18

Hopster
05-12-2003, 02:22 PM
Hey Wally, where do you find the schedules at ?

Scott Lee
05-12-2003, 03:00 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Wally_in_Cincy:</font><hr> Pool on TV-all times EDT
===============================

<font color="blue">This looks interesting. Has anyone seen it?</font color>
3:00 PM SCI-FI Tuesday, 13
Quantum Leap Pool-Hall Blues 60 min. Sam picks up the cue of a 1950s Chicago pool shark, and finds himself committed to a game that will determine his granddaughter's future. Violet: Shari Headley. Eddie: J.W. Smith. Grady: Teddy Wilson. The Brush: Ken Foree. Sam: Scott Bakula.

Wally...I've seen that episode of Quantum Leap a few times. He becomes an elderly black man, who used to be the big stick...and has to play against the "heavy" for some serious action. Good show, with a positive image to convey.

Scott

Vagabond
05-12-2003, 07:22 PM
Thank u for the timely reminder to check myself how I look on the screen.I looked OK. cheers
Vagabond /ccboard/images/graemlins/cool.gif

Wally_in_Cincy
05-13-2003, 06:19 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Hopster:</font><hr> Hey Wally, where do you find the schedules at ? <hr /></blockquote>

It's a secret /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Actually I go to www.tvguide.com (http://www.tvguide.com) . There's a place to type in your zip code. Then lick on "TV listings", then "search" and search for the word "pool"

As luck would have it I just moved and don't have my VCR set up yet so I won't get to watch "Quantum Leap". It'll be on again soon though.

Wally_in_Cincy
05-13-2003, 06:23 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Vagabond:</font><hr> Thank u for the timely reminder to check myself how I look on the screen.I looked OK.

<font color="blue">I'll be the judge of that /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

O Masked One,

Where were you sitting? What were you wearing? What color is your hair? /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif </font color>

cheers
Vagabond /ccboard/images/graemlins/cool.gif <hr /></blockquote>

jjinfla
05-13-2003, 06:35 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Vagabond:</font><hr> Thank u for the timely reminder to check myself how I look on the screen.I looked OK. cheers
Vagabond /ccboard/images/graemlins/cool.gif <hr /></blockquote>

Okay Vagabond, Now that you told us you are in it, tell us where and how to find you. Jake

jjinfla
05-13-2003, 06:38 AM
On ESPN2 on 5-15-03 at 4am EST they will televise the 2002 International Challenge of Champion. This is from AZ Billiards TV listings. Jake~~~have to go set my recorder now

05-13-2003, 12:01 PM
Guys, if you want to keep up with all the TV matches without fooling with tapes and timers, you should consider investing in a good Personal Video Recorder system, like Tivo/DirecTivo, DishPVR, ReplayTV, etc. With my DirecTivo, I just set a Season Pass on "Category, Sports, Billiards" and it automatically records every match that comes on any channel at any time, and will not duplicate recordings. It's cool because there's no timers to set or tapes to rewind or replace, you just check your recorder listing and find all of these matches ready to watch at your leisure. You can also search all listings for keywords like "pool" to have it record those episodes like "Quantum Leap". As your recorder's hard drive fills up (after about 35 hours for my DirecTivo unit), you can dump the recordings off to VCR for archival purposes if you like. Of course, it makes watching other TV better as well, because it develops a sense for the shows you like and automatically records shows it thinks you might like. It's fun perusing the recording lists to see what it has decided to record for you... /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Wally_in_Cincy
05-13-2003, 12:14 PM
I don't know. Sounds purty new-fangled for us folks here in Hamiltucky. /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Seriously, how much initial cost and monthly cost for this ?

Wally~~doesn't watch much TV actually.

Aboo
05-13-2003, 02:43 PM
Looking at this made me want to get Cable for the first time in my life...

Snyder1
05-13-2003, 02:54 PM
MUCH APPRECIATED WALLY !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

MikeM
05-13-2003, 02:58 PM
You had spinach in your teeth!!!

/ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

MM

05-13-2003, 03:18 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Wally_in_Cincy:</font><hr>Seriously, how much initial cost and monthly cost for this ?<hr /></blockquote>Depends on what service and unit you go with.

I believe a stand-alone Tivo that works with your cable service runs around $300 and then $12 per month or a one-time $249 for a lifetime subscription. Or something like that. My Hughes HDVR2 DirecTV PVR (a combo DirecTV satellite tuner with integrated Tivo) was around $240 and the monthly Tivo service is only an additional $4.99 on my satellite bill.

I'm not sure about ReplayTV, DishNet, and the competitors, but I'm sure their website will tell you. ReplayTV used to sell their PVR's at a high price, like $600+, but the service was free. Now they are comparible to Tivo, i.e. around $300 for the box and then a monthly subscription fee.

I know what you mean about not watching much TV -- my wife and I are the same way, pretty much only watching movies or channels like TLC,Discovery,A&amp;E,Animal Planet,etc. But our TV viewing time is so limited (usually an hour or so at bed time) that we always missed the good shows (and I missed the pool matches). With Tivo, it automatically records the shows (and pool matches!) we like, and we can watch them whenever we get the chance. It's much more convenient than tapes and timers, and the quality is as good as the original source broadcast, unlike with a VCR. While our QUANTITY of television viewing is probably about the same, the QUALITY has improved dramatically with the Tivo, because now we can almost always find something we like between live TV and the recorded library.

My wife was a bit ticked off at me for spending the money on the thing, now I couldn't pry it away from her... /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Hopster
05-13-2003, 04:04 PM
Thanks Wally, much appreciated.

05-14-2003, 02:16 AM
i watched the quataum leap eposide and it was really good, sam shows him these lines on exactly where to shoot and he beats this other guy to save the billiard palor, yay!