PDA

View Full Version : Pool Instructors

05-13-2003, 01:10 AM
I would like to know if anyone out there knows about sacramento area pool instructors, looking for someone very low in cost but can still teach well. Is there a webpage somewhere that has a listing of all the people who give pool instruction ???

GreenLion
05-13-2003, 01:21 AM
Scott Lee is on the user list.Look him up and go to his sight.From there you should be able to find out when he will be in your neck of the woods.He is a Perfessional Trick Shot artist and Instructer.

stickman
05-13-2003, 02:11 AM
Go here: http://www.bca-pool.com/play/ Click on Instruction, then active instructors. I saw three instructors listed in Sacramento. I can't vouch for any of them though. I used Scott Lee, and will vouch for him. http://www.talismanbilliards.com/ScottLee.asp

Be careful shopping for a cheap instructor. I'm not saying that you can't find someone, but then again, you could get what you pay for. /ccboard/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

bluewolf
05-13-2003, 05:20 AM
Then, what is cheap? Scott charges $50 per hour, I think, and that is about the best you will do for quality instruction.I can vouch for scott also to the extent that I take lessons from him whenever he comes here, and I always learn something new and he always looks at my stroke to see if there are things that need to be tweaked. Some other good instructors charge more in places like new york city.

You might also consider Randy gs pool school. He is a great instructor also and does pool school in various parts of the country. Differnt from private instructor, 3 days, 24 hours of pool, individualized. I have been to Randys school and it was worth more than the time and money.

Laura

pooltchr
05-13-2003, 06:17 AM
I agree. The BCA list of instructors is a great place to start. Anyone listed there had to go to one of the master academy's such as Randy's or Fran's to become a BCA instructor. They list 4 levels, Recognized, Certified, Advanced, and Master. Part of the rankings are based on how long an instructor has been in the BCA instructor program. For example, one of the requirements to move up to certified level is having been in the program a minimum of 2 years and having worked with a minimum number of students. The levels are not necessarily an indicator of how good an instructor is, particularly at the first level. Instructors at the higher levels have met certain requirements and for the most part are going to be pretty solid. A good instructor will use video so you can see yourself. Ask for references from former students. Talk to the instructor. If he (or she) asks questions about what you want to get out of the program rather than tell you what they will do for you, that is a good start. Most of all, find someone you are comfortable with. You have to have trust in an instructor before they will be able to do you much good.
Steve

05-13-2003, 11:46 AM
I got two instructors names of the BCA page in the sacramento area, i was looking at the scott lee page but couldn't find a page that listed his tour or where is going to be at ?

ceebee
05-13-2003, 11:47 AM
Roy Yemane is in LA, California at the American Billiard Academy.. if he cannot get with you, he can suggest another instructor that is in your area. Roy Yemane is a BCA Master Billiard Instructor & a House Pro at 14 different establishments..