PDA

View Full Version : Cue Care

05-13-2003, 01:16 AM
I would like to know if after you are done shooting if it is best to take your cue apart and put back in case or put on a wall rack, i have one in my garage but my buddy refuses to leave his cue on a rack, is there anything the a wall rack will do to a cue ?

pooldaddy9
05-13-2003, 04:12 AM
Sometimes I put mine back in the case and sometimes I hang it in the rack. Never had any problems BUT never leave it leaning againt the wall, chair, etc.

pooltchr
05-13-2003, 05:54 AM
Personally, I always put my cue in the case when I'm not shooting. The extra protection against anything happening to it is worth the effort IMHO.

Terry
05-13-2003, 06:43 AM
Right or wrong I put my cues in the rack and only use the case when i'm going to a tournament. The rack has the cues standing straight up and I figure the joint pins might be better off if i'm not breaking the cue down 50 times a week,LOL. Terry

Sid_Vicious
05-13-2003, 07:06 AM
I seldom breakdown in mid tournament stream. I'll either keep my cue(s) with me in some specially guarded place, under the table or neatly tucked in a nook out of the way. If I were to break down(and I see some people do just that) between sets, I'd more likely damage the joint either by accident or wear and tear. I'll hang onto my equipment personally if the place is jam packed but seldom pack it away until the day is over...sid

Predator314
05-13-2003, 08:16 AM
I keep mine in my case when not playing. However, during a tournament, I keep mine together the whole time. I just keep my cues together and put them butt first into my case with the top open. This way, I have a stand for my cues as well.

05-13-2003, 08:44 AM
well for my normal house cues i just leave them in the rack, but for my personal cue, it's always put in the case. Sometimes i'll leave it on my table if i need to make a run or am just going out. but everyone knows not to touch my personal cue.