PDA

View Full Version : what's your cue's name ?

05-13-2003, 12:04 PM
lol, i was here shooting with a friend and i put my cue down on the table and told and came back, and found my friend shooting with denise(formally ebony) and i got a lil upset, because denise is my woman, so i told him that denise is a 1 woman cue, and does'nt like to be touched by others. of course he thinks am nuts for naming my cue.

but who else has a name for their cue.

05-13-2003, 12:08 PM
I think that would all depend on how it played that nite!

(or rather i played =)

When a player plays good the credit always goes back to the player but when he playes not so good its always the cue's fault... poor cue

travellerdl2
05-13-2003, 12:20 PM
Hi
Predator BK - Weapon of Mass Destruction or WMD for short.
Pretty clever, What do you think? haha
Mark

Wally_in_Cincy
05-13-2003, 12:30 PM
A dude on my bar league team has a couple of cheap 2-pc. cues but he found a bar stick he likes better. He put a cigar burn in it to identify it, hides it behind the bar, named it "Lucky". Carries it to league matches and tournaments.

The last thing I named was a stuffed cow I won at the Ohio State Fair shooting that 3-ball pool carnival game.

Aboo
05-13-2003, 12:42 PM
I call mine by different names, but usually sweet-heart, or bitch. Depending on the attitude needed for the shot /ccboard/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

UWPoolGod
05-13-2003, 12:45 PM
Yeah mine tends to be POS (Piece of $#!+) when I miss, and Baby when I make it. Like "Nice shot Baby" or "YOU POS!!!"

Todd

cycopath
05-13-2003, 02:21 PM
Mine's name is Schon. It's conveniently printed on the buttcap. /ccboard/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Rod
05-13-2003, 02:31 PM
LOL, what a coincidence so is mine! Except my Schn is pronounced with the little squiggles, I think /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

heater451
05-13-2003, 02:58 PM
Rod, are you talking about the umlaut? (The two dots over the "o").

So you prounounce it "shone", and not "shahn", right?

==========================

Rod
05-13-2003, 03:04 PM
umlaut, is that what you call it. LOL Yes it is shone and I think the dots change the pronunciation. Like I say I think.

~~~ rod, not very good at english, um well unless it's on a c/b. LOL

cycopath
05-13-2003, 03:04 PM
Matter of fact I emailed Schon themselves to get the low down on the pronunciation. I'd heard people say "shown" or "shawn". And they said "technically it's not either, but around here we pronounce it 'shawn'."

heater451
05-13-2003, 03:26 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote cycopath:</font><hr> . . ."technically it's not either. . . ."<hr /></blockquote>Are they German or Austrian there?--I would bet that a native speaker of a Teutonic language would be picky about it.

This reminds me of a time when I called the shock absorber maker, Billstein. Pretty much every car enthusiast or mechanic I know pronounces the name "bill-steen", but they answered the phone at the office with "bill-stine".

========================

nAz
05-13-2003, 03:44 PM
Mines... DOOM! /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif

cheesemouse
05-13-2003, 04:53 PM
I named mine.....PLEASE!!!!!!! /ccboard/images/graemlins/tongue.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Rod
05-13-2003, 04:58 PM
I believe it is German and it's technically pronounced Showin. That's as close as I can get.

Rod
05-13-2003, 05:05 PM
I sold those shocks in the automotive business. The factory rep was german so he (for lack of better words) made bill sound like beel and stine like sshtine. so it was beel-sshtine.

UWPoolGod
05-13-2003, 05:24 PM
Different pronunciations for east and west germany as well.
After two years in high school, and two in college I believe it is like an "ae" sound, comes out kind of like a "er" type sound when you stick your lips out. "Schaern"
Schon without umlauts can mean "already", with pretty or beautiful.

This is why we all need to invest in a webcam and a headset so we could get rid of this and settle it once and for all.

Ich bin schn wie eine Blume, du bist hsslich wie ein Hund.
/ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

9 Ball Girl
05-13-2003, 05:55 PM
B.C.L.

Rod
05-13-2003, 06:06 PM
and that stands for??? Or is it R rated? LOL

9 Ball Girl
05-13-2003, 06:54 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Rod:</font><hr> and that stands for??? Or is it R rated? LOL <hr /></blockquote>

Yes, in public it's R rated. Billiard Cue Lover. /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif

socrates
05-13-2003, 07:41 PM
Well I have not formally named my cue. However, if I were so inclined it would probabally be "Billie Baroo" from the movie caddyshack.

Oh Billie, Billie, Billie, Billie, Billie.

pooldaddy9
05-13-2003, 08:50 PM
Most the time mine is sweet thang..........

arn3
05-13-2003, 09:34 PM
"johnson"

stick8
05-13-2003, 10:16 PM
I named my ( HO ) she ready any time for any body that has the dough!!!STICK

stick8
05-13-2003, 10:21 PM
You a right it is german, it is showin. i think it meaning is beautiful. stick i was there 3yr

mickey2
05-14-2003, 02:52 PM
&gt;After two years in high school, and two in college
Maybe you spend more time with playing pool then with learning german ;-)
Schn would be more similar to Schoen, ae would be used for .
Its a umlaut and Schn means beautiful.

Umlaute can be a real hassle when filling in forms, especially in the web.

&gt;Ich bin schn wie eine Blume, du bist hsslich wie ein Hund.
Lol

cycopath
05-14-2003, 03:45 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote mickey2:</font><hr>Schn would be more similar to Schoen, ae would be used for .

<hr /></blockquote>I want to know how you are putting the "little dots" over the o.

Rod
05-14-2003, 04:03 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote cycopath:</font><hr> <blockquote><font class="small">Quote mickey2:</font><hr>Schn would be more similar to Schoen, ae would be used for .

<hr /></blockquote>I want to know how you are putting the "little dots" over the o. <hr /></blockquote>

d ΢k kî LOL alt 148 is the

UWPoolGod
05-14-2003, 04:14 PM
Good one Rod I was going to do the same thing but then you stole my post LOL /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

05-14-2003, 04:26 PM
whether its a house cue or one of my friends cues

its generally called $!#%%@!^

cycopath
05-14-2003, 08:04 PM
Cl Beans. Thanks.

heater451
05-14-2003, 08:59 PM
You can also access the Windows character map.

START&gt;&gt;&gt;Accessories&gt;&gt;&gt;System Tools&gt;&gt;&gt;Character Map

(That's for W2K. Otherwise, search for "charmap.exe".

The utility is self-explanatory, and for each character, you can find the keyboard code in the bottom-right corner.

Have fun.

=====================

SecaucusFats
05-14-2003, 10:37 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Rage:</font><hr> whether its a house cue or one of my friends cues

its generally called $!#%%@!^ [/quote}

LOL. I know what you mean.

I've never named my cue but it has been called a lot of nasty names..by my opponents (as have I /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif).

Fats,&lt;Has skill, and a heart to match. /ccboard/images/graemlins/cool.gif

mickey2
05-15-2003, 12:17 AM
I use a german keyboard /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Aboo
05-15-2003, 03:14 PM
I like this one -&gt; :

05-17-2003, 04:39 PM
Break cue: Thor
Playing cue: Camilla

05-17-2003, 04:45 PM
[ QUOTE ]

Break cue: Thor
Playing cue: Camilla
<hr /></blockquote>

Lol, i remember thor the super hero, and Camilla sounds like tony's wife from the supranos. strange but nice

MarkUrsel
05-18-2003, 08:58 AM
Only cues I've ever named were my old Genuine break stick and the newer Lucasi Jump/Break. Buster and Buster Jr. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

rackmup
05-19-2003, 04:29 AM
I call mine "@@#!!-%$#@@#!" most of the time. Other times I refer to her as "%%$#$%!!" or "!!@@#@!".

These are my pet names for her when she isn't making shots.

Regards,

Ken

Deeman
05-19-2003, 08:38 AM
Mickey,

You are right about the meaning. The umlaut stands for "oe" and the sound is a little like "Shurn" but a little softer. As I use this cue and lived for 7 years in Frankfurt, I had many occasions to say and hear the name. I always pronounced it Shon, but after I moved back to the States, I found myself giving it the German prounuciation!

Viel Glueck!
/ccboard/images/graemlins/cool.gif
Dee