PDA

View Full Version : APA team left homeless

cycopath
05-13-2003, 02:55 PM
The bar my APA 8ball team shoots out of is closing down. Now we gotta find a new bar to shoot out of. This really sucks. It seems to me it will feel very uncomfortable playing out of another club. Anyone else had this happen to them?

The only good that has come out of this is my dad bought the two Valley 7ft tables that the bar owned. And at a righteous price, $750 each. They are well used but play fine.

dg-in-centralpa
05-13-2003, 05:55 PM
Many years ago, my team played at a private club and the club went out of business. We found another private club to sponsor us. This club has its' own bowling alley in the same room as the pool table. Tuesday night pool league also had to contend with rowdy women in a bowling league. So we got rowdy ourselves and the club threw us out. Even though we drank many times more beer than the women, and spent a lot of money on the punch boards. They made much more from us than the women but we got thrown out. Now after about 8 years, they finally took us back.

bluewolf
05-13-2003, 11:59 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote cycopath:</font><hr> The bar my APA 8ball team shoots out of is closing down. Now we gotta find a new bar to shoot out of. This really sucks. It seems to me it will feel very uncomfortable playing out of another club. Anyone else had this happen to them?

The only good that has come out of this is my dad bought the two Valley 7ft tables that the bar owned. And at a righteous price, $750 each. They are well used but play fine. <hr /></blockquote>

This happened to our league. We were playing at a bar/pool hall on 8 ft tables.It was kinda like an old shoe, everyone was used to that place and kind of attached to it.Then the ph closed down.

Our league moved to anothe ph. The tables are 9ft. They are nice tables with rails that bank good.Lot's of people did not want to go to the other league. The team ww and I were on folded so we only got one match that season.

Now the old place is reopening in the fall. Most of the players cannot wait to get back. Unless they do some serious renovation, we are talking about moving from nice 9fts to crappy 8fts with dead rails and funky pockets.

I just do not undestand why anyone would want an 8 foot instead of a nine foot.A nine foot gives you more room to maneuver and the pockets are 4 1/2 verses 4 1/4. I just dont see the big deal. Our tables are just one foot longer and better tables. GEEZ

Laura

bluewolf
05-14-2003, 04:03 AM
Have you been playing on barboxes?

Laura

cycopath
05-14-2003, 08:35 AM
Yep. League play here is exclusively on barboxes.

Aboo
05-14-2003, 11:39 AM
Same here, Bar boxes only. Luckily, our APA team plays in an in-house league. Sidepockets is a decent place. Most of the tables are adequate, and the league fills up the place on league nights, so we don't have to deal with a lot of drunks and such. Well, except those in the league that drink :P