PDA

View Full Version : i cant believe it!!

snook
05-13-2003, 04:35 PM
last night we were playing a small tourney among some of us at the bar, single game, single elimination. im playing this guy that cant realize the bar isnt where you shoot pool and every time i shoot i have to go get him, he finally gets the hint that he needs to stay at the table. so were shooting nine ball and he cant hit the broad side of a barn, he shot hard and had a horrid stroke. but he hooked me on everyball through the five. so the five is like so(refer to the table below) he's laughing and snickering because he hooked me again so i got a little mad and decided i was going to make this shot no matter what, i put my usual concentration into it, shot made the five! and then scratched in the corner, heres a diagram
START(
%AD7M5%BE6N2%CD8N9%DF2N0%E[3V2%Fp9J6%GD3N3%HT3V5%IH8V6%JD4M5
%KF2N7%LH1N1%ME4M8%NF0O9%OI3F5%PO5W0%WV1D4%XO9U3%Y[2T7%ZW1C8
%[q9Z4%\\6U6%][5Z1%^[3W4
)END

i know theres no point to this story, just thought i would share. i won anyway, but everybody went nuts when they seen the five go. and in case that shot doesnt give it away, theres not alot of "good" sticks around anymore so im sorry if some of you laugh at that shot and its easyness. it was hard to me and an acomplishment.

Tom_In_Cincy
05-13-2003, 10:33 PM
Its amasing the breaks some rail bangers get when just letting whitey fly...

I've lost lots of games to these types of players.. especially in 9 ball.. 6 pockets 60 miles per hour... something has to go somewhere..

But that's pool and that's 9 ball.. /ccboard/images/graemlins/confused.gif

05-13-2003, 10:41 PM
i dont know what size table you normally play on but am always on a 9ft'er, i really dont like small tables, but their has been a few times when i have shot on them, and i've noticed that i have to adjust my game, the balls are bigger, and the tables rolls like the worst. and you'll be amazed at the shots you'll scratch on. but that's not and easy shot that everyone can make, you should be proud of yourself. just remember what was once told to me, " how you get better if you play & practice on bad equipment ? ".

basketball players dont shoot with airless balls or on bad courts.

golf players just dont play with any equipment.

i can go on & on, but if you respect your game, then treat it with respect.

bluewolf
05-13-2003, 11:03 PM
Glad you won!!!

Sometimes I wonder if the true test of a player is can they still put it off when the rolls are not going their way and their game is a little off.

Laura

bluewolf
05-14-2003, 04:31 AM
WW played this guy in our sun afternoon handicapped tournie. He was terrible from a good player's perspective. He would just knock the cb around hoping to sink the 9 off a combo. He won in a race to 4 even though he was not a good player.

Laura

L.S. Dennis
05-14-2003, 07:30 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Tom_In_Cincy:</font><hr> Its amasing the breaks some rail bangers get when just letting whitey fly...

I've lost lots of games to these types of players.. especially in 9 ball.. 6 pockets 60 miles per hour... something has to go somewhere..

But that's pool and that's 9 ball.. /ccboard/images/graemlins/confused.gif <hr /></blockquote>

Just one more reason for the pool establishment to once and for all adopt "Gradys Rules" for nine ball. My friend and I use these rules exclusively when we play and what a pleasure it is to play this great game in it's most purest form!