PDA

View Full Version : women playing in men's events

thepoolnerd
05-14-2003, 06:29 AM
It's funny how the men in the PGA tour are crying about a woman playing in the PGA tournament this weekend and I've never heard any complaints about women playing in the big men's tournaments. If they want to play that should be their right. I respect the fact that Karen has done well in regional events and I'm glad I never had to play her in the few that I've played in. Early on, bowling, golf or pool had no womens leagues and they were set up because few women could compete against the top 100 or so men and the women still wanted to compete. Boxing weight classes were set up so lighter fighters could compete. There are no complaints about Roy Jones jr. wanting to fight heavyweights. Youth leagues are set up so younger athletes can compete. If they feel the have the skills to compete on a higher level, more power to them. Glad I took up pool instead of golf. A bit too elitist for my blood.

pooltchr
05-14-2003, 06:35 AM
If you want to play against the best, you gotta be willing to play anybody. If a female can qualify for the PGA tour, then obviously she has the right to play. If you aren't good enough to beat her, you need more practice. I had the chance to play both Karen and Vivian in a charity event a couple of years ago.
I NEED MORE PRACTICE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
LOL

05-14-2003, 06:58 AM
pooltchr- do you know if Vivian has a son named Adam? I'm doing some go kart thing and on the list of people was Adam Villareal. I'm not sure how common the name is.

Deeman
05-14-2003, 07:52 AM
I may be wrong in this but I believe the woman who qualified for the Men's Golf Tour was playing from the women's tees when she qualified. I might have a problem if they let women move cue ball closer on each shot. Like I said, I may be wrong about her qualifying that way but I'm sure someone will let me know. /ccboard/images/graemlins/shocked.gif If the men she beat in the qualifier were playing from the championship tees, as I heard they were, it might not be fair.

pooltchr
05-14-2003, 08:12 AM
I don't know her that well. There are some WPBA players that post here that might know, or you could probably go to her web site and e-mail her and ask.

pooltchr
05-14-2003, 08:16 AM
Deeman, If that's the case, when she has to hit from the back tees, she might have a problem just making the cut. I know that this weekend, everyone playing will be playing from the same distance. Someone said that would add over 1000 yards over the 4 days.

Popcorn
05-14-2003, 08:22 AM
I think on a pro level it is a moot point. So few women could even begin to compete it has no meaning. The bad aspect would be, in a limited field you want the best playing. I would not want to see women entering just for the fun of playing with the men and taking up spots of more qualified players. I don't think it would do much good for women's pool to see them getting beat 11 to 2. There are a few that could compete, but I don't think, at this point yet could win a tournament with the top pros playing. I think women's pool has come too far, to turn themselves into a novelty act in mens tournaments, unless they had a real chance of winning. It would hurt the image of women's pool I my opinion. I mean nothing sexiest by my comments, I just think it would be a mistake and will only help galvanize the image that the women can't compete with the men. Like I said, except for a very few most would lose badly. Not a good thing for women's pool, besides, why would they want to, they have a great tour from what I see.

ceebee
05-14-2003, 08:34 AM
Ha! Ha! Ha! ... don't you just love it? The kind of women that cry about being excluded, are the same kind that want to play from the Women's Tees. I know some real classy dames that will kick your average playing 75 shooter's butt on any course... from the Championship Tees, but they wouldn't be caught dead in the 19th Hole being a nasty drunk. I know of what I speak, because I was a Golf Professional at Colonial Country Club in Ft. Worth, TX.
There are a few gals that play well enough to beat the average 8 Speed in Tulsa & they ain't asking for a spot of any kind. But they have become a bit hardened from the ways of men in the Pool Rooms.
Being an old man & coming from an era where women were excluded, I feel that Men's Clubs were places where Men could be a "heathen for a day". He could smoke & spit & cuss & drink without fear of feeling disrespectful to women, back then women were revered as something special. Now they are apt to be as heathen as any man. So let 'em in the joint if they wanna get down & get dirty.....

05-14-2003, 08:44 AM
i honestly believe that women should be able to compete with men in all sports, just no crying or complaining about the rules. Now in billiards i believe that women should be able to play men pro's in all competions simply because pool is a mental sport, and if or rather when i reach the pro level, i'd love to play women in the pro's. Am not one of those men that have a problem getting beat by women, if i lose then i lost that's on me & not because she's a woman. besides i'd love to be on the table with a sexy pro, just to watch her bend over and shoot, other than that. Women pro's are just as good as men pro's & and i think jennette could take bustamante, he does'nt look that tought to me and she shoot's 10x stronger.

" am not trying to start and argument "

Kato
05-14-2003, 08:48 AM
I'm pretty sure The Colonial offered Annika an exemption to the tournament and if she makes the cut I'll be suprised. I find it hard to believe a woman (or anyone) would be allowed to play from the ladies tees during Q-school which is basically the most grueling tournament in the entire universe.

Kato~~~wishes Annika to do well this week.

UWPoolGod
05-14-2003, 08:50 AM
I do not think that she should be allowed to play in Colonial. Annika got a sponsors exemption to play in this tourney. Didn't even qualify. Now granted the other woman who is going to play in a men's tourney qualified, so be it, I don't think she should have had the opportunity to qualify for a mens event anyway. But if they are going to allow women to play in men's tour events, they better allow any man who qualifies or gets an exemption to play in women's tourneys.

But the differing lines for the mens and womens tour are in the first couple. On the men's it is the Professional Golfer's Association, doesn't declare any basis on gender. Could be a man, woman, dog as long as they are a professional. Now the womens is the Women's Professional Golfer's Association, which clearly states gender bias. I don't know, the men probably just screwed themselves when they made the PGA, guess they should have had it the MPGA.

I am ranting...that's it...

Todd

John in NH
05-14-2003, 09:06 AM
thepoolnerd

Women are allowed to compete with men in most open pool tournaments (professional) and the women do have some success in them, the problem that I have is that men are not allowed to compete in womens' tournaments and this creates a double standard.

As far as golf tournaments are concerned it may be that women are allowed to compete in the tournaments against men but it is not a question of whether or not the women will win the golf tournament but rather whether or not they will make the cut, again what would the women have to say if a man were to enter a woman's professional golf tournament?, the majority would say it's not allowed, another double standard exists.

What happens when a woman enters a pga tour event? Answer:
A man loses a spot in the tournament (This is wrong).

It is much better for all concerned to leave things as they are, separate the genders in professional sports, it's what the majority of men and women want. As far as amateur pool is concerned I have entered tournaments where women have competed and I don't have a problem with that because there are not enough participants for womens' only tournaments.

John

Kato
05-14-2003, 09:18 AM
I'd be willing to bet even money that the Colonial invited Annika as a publicity stunt. Considering this course "plays to her strength" as it isn't that long. However, she'll soon find out the difference between a short course that the men play on and the short courses the women play on. I'm pretty sure that this course is longer than any course they play on the LPGA.

I'm willing to bet Annika has been working her butt off playing long courses and I'm sure this will help her in the long run. Since golf is a physical sport I'm not sure how long it would take even the best women to compete but.............ya never know.

Kato~~~needs to play from the ladies tees.

Ward
05-14-2003, 09:23 AM
UW
The WPGA states you must be born female(according to reports here). The PGA is the best professional golfers period... there is no male/female desigination. The WPGA can stop men from competing... Anika
will have to play from the back tees at Colonial....

UWPoolGod
05-14-2003, 09:28 AM
However, she'll soon find out the difference between a short course that the men play on and the short courses the women play on. I'm pretty sure that this course is longer than any course they play on the LPGA. <--Kato

Yeah I have heard that she has been playing from the back tees. Read a rumor that she played a practice round with Tiger and lost by 10 strokes. I mean John Smoltz (closer for the Braves) beat her when they went out and played. Granted Smoltz is like a 2 handicap, and I am sure she wasn't trying too hard.

Have you guys saw the before and after pictures of Annika before she started working out. Scrawny little thing, to buff Arniesque. Makes me shudder.

Todd

05-14-2003, 09:34 AM
i agree with you john.

women are getting away with murder, women can invade our world but we can't be apart of theirs is truly a double standard and it has been since women got rights in the 60's. For instance i agree with women competing in mental sports chess, billiards etc. but boxing hell no, it is not at all sexy or nice to see a woman getting her ass whopped much less doing it, women body builders " NO COMMENT ", the only reason do what they do is 1. to piss us off & 2. because some nut went and said they could'nt do what men could do " oh boy " look at the doors they opened their.

Now being realistic which i have been, some ok most women need a reality check, you cannot do everything men do, perfect example:

i used to work at ups which requires alot of heavy lifting, now am lifting a box about 90lb and this woman walks up to me, half my size and ask me to lift a box exactly 60lb's, and i said no, and told her she knew what she was signing up for. She had the nerve to tell me i was sexiest and did'nt know how to treat a lady. Now from my view of a lady, she would'nt be lifting 60lb pound box's at 2am. hmmm what a lady!

some people just need to learn where to draw the line.

UWPoolGod
05-14-2003, 09:43 AM
The WPGA states you must be born female(according to reports here). The PGA is the best professional golfers period... there is no male/female desigination. <---WARD

Yeah that is what I was coming to. If the men want to continue to have to deal with this they should start a new league for people having been born a man. But more than likely with Tiger's popularity and his wanting to have Annika play in more tourneys, noone would go for a league like that if Tiger stays in the PGA. And you know he doesn't want to piss anyone off.

I really found it funny how Martha Burke called for Tiger to get behind the women and not play in the Masters.

05-14-2003, 01:24 PM
OK...Here is the deal....The PGA is open to any "person" that thinks they have the ability to play....Man or Women...

Here is the problem....Annika has not "qualified" to play in a PGA event...The LPGA is not a recognized qualification venu for the PGA tour...If Annika wants to compete with the MEN, she should A) go to Q-school wich is open for anyone who wants to put up the $2500 or so $$$ for stage 1 of 4 stages...the last being 8 rounds....a VERY difficult process just to get a conditional tour card that will get you in the Tucson and Toronto Open...no intended knock on those citys....(well mabey Tucson)

B) Gain sponosors exemptions through superior play at the College Level, or Mini Tours...

Now before you jump in with the replys that Annika has played on the LPGA and is leading money winner....I already know that...But that is not a venue that gives equal opportunity for ALL players....NO MEN can play on the LPGA and SHE would NOT be the leading money winner on the LPGA if the MEN were allowed to play.

Therefore if Annika really wanted to just prove herself against the men, she would start were ALL the men have to start from....The mini tour...Nationwide, Hooters, Asian Tour, etc...

I however Don't blame Annika for this blunder, I blame the Sponsors that gave her the exemption...and in turn took away a spot from someone that grnded out there conditional card at Q-school, and or OPEN Mini Tours that are trying to make a living.

BTW the other Lady your talking about Susan Whaley. She played in a PGA section event that qualified her for a tour event. At the section event she played from a forward set of tees than the men.......The tour event she will now be playing, she will have to play from the same set of tees as the men.....(She has already gone public and said she has NO chance of making the cut)

AND BTW...the PGA has NOW changed to rule, that if you want to be considered for the tour event you have to qualify from the same set of tees as men...

LAST...Annika will have a REALLY tough time making the cut...the longest course the LPGA plays is 6500 yards...300 yards shorter than the course she will be playing. The PGA course will have much firmer greens and faster...She will be hitting 6 and 7 irons from the same place the men will be hitting wedge....If you know anything about golf, you know that a high wege will bite alot better than a low 7 iron....(Annika hits the ball very low...by MENS standards)
The best way I can compare this to pool would be Earl Srickland playing against Monica Webb on a tight fast 9-foot, but Earl gets to use a Red Circle cue ball, but when Monica shoots she has to use one of those Bar Box magnet balls to shoot....She would have NO chance

90% of the men will be on or around the par fives in two..most will use irons for there second shot...Annika will be lucky to reach any in two...Thats about 4 strokes per round she will be giving up...

Once agian let me say this I don;t have any problem with a women that wants to play on the PGA tour if they have quailifed throught the proper channels....

It would be like me trying to play say that I am quailifed to play in a PRO pool event bacause I won the local 8 & under at the local Clicks Billiards...IT just aint right...RC

p.s sorry about the grammar and spelling ....very fast type job here..I am at work

bluewolf
05-14-2003, 01:40 PM
Most of you that responded are men and many have respectful posts.

Personally, I cannot see why a woman would want to play in the man's tour unless they were so much better than all of the other women, that their true talents were not being tested.

I do think that the same rules should apply regardless of gender. ie-if the men qualify from the back tee, the women should qualify from the back tee as well.

Laura

UWPoolGod
05-14-2003, 01:46 PM
Great response Richard.

eg8r
05-14-2003, 02:02 PM
[ QUOTE ]
It's funny how the men in the PGA tour are crying about a woman playing in the PGA tournament this weekend and I've never heard any complaints about women playing in the big men's tournaments. If they want to play that should be their right. <hr /></blockquote> I think one of the big deals is that the tournament was not an open tournament. All the men that play had to qualify. She was invited. This means that one guy missed his opportunity to play because she took his spot. I have not heard a lot of men complaining except for Vijay. He has retracted his statement since.

Tiger seems to be in favor of it so we will see.
[ QUOTE ]
There are no complaints about Roy Jones jr. wanting to fight heavyweights. <hr /></blockquote>I am not sure what the reasoning is behind this quote. There would be complaints is Roy Jones Jr. wanted to fight against Muhammed (sp?) Ali's daughter.

I am a bit interested in seeing how Annika does next weekend against the men. I do like to see the coed tournaments, but I think this was done wrong. Let Annika go through the same qualifying routines as the men before you let her play against the men. Once she proves herself there, then let her play all she wants.

eg8r

eg8r
05-14-2003, 02:04 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Personally, I cannot see why a woman would want to play in the man's tour unless they were so much better than all of the other women, that their true talents were not being tested. <hr /></blockquote> True talents being tested? How are the other women going to test her talents? In golf you are playing against the course. If you want to have your true talents tested, then shoot for lower scores on average.

eg8r

eg8r
05-14-2003, 02:08 PM
Great post. You said it better than I could have.

The deal is, who cares that a female is playing, as long as she has done everything that it takes for a male to play in the same tournament.

eg8r

eg8r
05-14-2003, 02:14 PM
[ QUOTE ]
i honestly believe that women should be able to compete with men in all sports, just no crying or complaining about the rules. <hr /></blockquote> I agree. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

[ QUOTE ]
...and i think jennette could take bustamante, he does'nt look that tought to me and she shoot's 10x stronger. <hr /></blockquote> This is the funniest thing I have read all day. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

eg8r

Aboo
05-14-2003, 02:18 PM
Um, I thought the tourny she's playing in is an Invitational? There is no "cut" or qualifying... or am I wrong there?

Deeman
05-14-2003, 02:24 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote muujahid:</font><hr> Women pro's are just as good as men pro's &amp; and i think jennette could take bustamante, he does'nt look that tought to me and she shoot's 10x stronger.

" am not trying to start and argument " <hr /></blockquote>

You are not starting an argument. However, it is very obvious that you have never played Francisco a set of 9 ball! I take nothing away from the Women Pros but please be serious. /ccboard/images/graemlins/cool.gif

Rod
05-14-2003, 02:55 PM
Hey RC,

Tap Tap Tap! My thoughts exactly, I just needed someone to type it for me. /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif Just from a vague memory those par three's might have her for lunch too. About Tucson, I lived there for a long time, you might be right. Now get back to work! LOL Or are you just out there putting around?

Rod

Sid_Vicious
05-14-2003, 03:00 PM
I believe it is the issue over which tees were used for her to qualify. If she qualifies off of the same tees as the men...then I am with your opinion all the way eg8r. i don't play golf but I'd imagine tee selections should be a major yea or nea facet for allowance to somebody playing or not...sid

Rod
05-14-2003, 03:12 PM
A similar parallel would be to qualify on a bar box, then play on a 9 footer. It's not the same but you get my drift.

Rod

cheesemouse
05-14-2003, 03:40 PM
Geez,

It's great theater, it will jump the events TV ratings, the gallerys will be full and everybody will have a great time, what's wrong with that? These sponsors exemptions have historically been used to try and do all of the above. They give exempts to all kinds of men players who aren't qualified to play on any tour, they give them to local hot shots to boost the gate with locals, they give exemptions because some fat cat wants it done, they give them to has been players because of name recognition and in every case a place has been taken away from a qualified male pro......can't you guys just sit back and enjoy it........Geezzzzzz!!!!!!!!!!

I want to see some of the BOYS sweating there ass off trying to beat whatever number she puts up....I have arranged to not work both Thrusday &amp; Friday afternoons just so I can see it....I hope she plays great. I think she has balls for doing it; she didn't ask, she was asked and she had enough heart to step up and say YES......she's got my vote..... /ccboard/images/graemlins/tongue.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

P.S. Man, you guys gotta relax..... /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Voodoo Daddy
05-14-2003, 03:59 PM
NONE of you remember Jean Balukas playing on the mens tour for awhile, maybe Fran will. Anyway, she beat MIZERAK, who at the time was playing pretty sporty 9-BALL...FOUR STRAIGHT TOURNAMENTS in a row. ALL you folks that dont think a woman belongs in certain "arena's" probably never stepped into the ring with a true champion. If she was still playing...all this "Allison and Karen" talk would be held up with some QUEEN JEAN talk...nuff said.

Rod
05-14-2003, 04:13 PM
I dont' want to relax! I don't get paid to relax. Come to think of it I don't get paid to do anything. LOL

Your point is well taken and I agree. However if she is taking a spot away from an upcomming struggling pro then I don't agree. I will say I like to watch Annika play, she is a fav of mine. Wish I had her doe! LOL

Rod

snipershot
05-14-2003, 04:36 PM
I couldn't agree more Popcorn,

I honestly don't believe they could compete at the same level as the top men pros, if Allison or Karen matched up with Efren they would lose badly, plain and simple. They have a great tour of their own and participating in men's tournaments would take away from their tour which has come a long way to reach the point it's at today.

To be fair, there would be some positives to come out of it like drawing more attention and interest from fans, but after a while the whole guy vs girl idea would wear off and it wouldn't be a big deal anymore. I'm not being sexest I just think it would do more bad for the image of womens pool than it would do good.

Chris

snipershot
05-14-2003, 04:42 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote muujahid:</font><hr>
i think jennette could take bustamante, he does'nt look that tought to me and she shoot's 10x stronger.

<hr /></blockquote>

You really think Jeanette could take Bustamante?

HAHAHHAHAHAHA /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

O.K., I'm done now!

arn3
05-14-2003, 05:11 PM
so what's this annika's high run in 14.1 again?

05-14-2003, 05:18 PM
look, man i have faith in jennette, bustamante is good but give the ladie some credit. besides we seem to always agree that one of the ways of getting better at pool is to play better players, so why not.

and since were on the subject, who do you think would win between allison vs jennette &amp; karen takes the winner.

05-14-2003, 05:46 PM
I have to agree with the rest that I don't think Jeanette could take Busta over the long haul. Everybody gets a good roll now and then, but over say a race to 11, I'd put money on Busta everytime. And win. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

I'm not knocking Jeanette, she can certainly play (especially given her physical handicap), but very few people play like Busta -- he's right up there with Efren and Earl as one of the very best 9-ball players. And Jeanette is by no means the best female player right now -- Allison and Karen have pretty consistently shut Jeanette down lately, and Helena has bumped her to 4th place in the WPBA rankings.

I've watched Allison play Jeanette a few times. I think Allison has beaten Jeanette in all but one match I've seen, and Karen and Allison are probably 50/50 in all their matches I've seen. So I'd put Allison over Jeanette easily, but then I'm split on Karen vs. Allison -- it can easily go either way, and in fact often does.

05-14-2003, 05:49 PM
Ok ya caught me.....actually I had to go give a lesson, but I did not want to lose all that typing I had just done...Funny thing is I have to play a section qualifier tomorrow at the Wigwam for the AZ Open.....But I'll be at Clicks tonight for the Wednesday night qualifier...(I heard the winner gets to play Efren in the next Color of Money for $100,000.00)

Your right on the par 3s she will have a though time getting it close to a tucked pin hitting 3 iron or 7 wood.
(But I sure wish I had her short game.... /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif) There is a girl that could contend in a few years with the men..The asian girl that is like 14 or 15...she hits it about 295 off the tee....If she developes her short game,,, she has a good chance to make some noise.

eg8r
05-14-2003, 06:04 PM
I understand your point however I still have trouble with it. There are guys out there working their butts off to qualify and they don't get in because someone has been "given" the spot. Just because something is done over and over does not make it right or correct, it just makes is more tolerable. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

eg8r &lt;~~Could not be more relaxed, I am not the one that missed the last spot. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

05-14-2003, 06:04 PM
Your right it is great drama and it will sell tickets. That is why it is being done...They should have used the drama to promote the Nationwide Tour that is affiliated with the PGA.......There are alot of ex PGA guys on the Nationwide trying to re-earn there PGA card, and alot of up and comers that would give here way more competition than she can handle...

Also this was not a case of just the sponsors begging her to play. This was a course that was "Hand Picked" by her, and it happens to be one of the shortest courses that the PGA plays...

Once again I don't blame Annika..She is a ultra talented player....and I would do the same thing if given the chance. I blame the sponsors for being short sighted and greedy. If Annika does not do well this could very well kill any opportunity of women trying to compete in the future....I think if they started slow and seasoned a few of the women on mini tours, they could compete in the future, but by throwing Annika into the fire so to speak....And her being the undisputed best female player...She could scare off any other women from trying in the near future if she does not fare well...

I also fear that there will be alot of MEN that will come out from hiding and say I told you so, and cause all kinds of controversy......RC

Rod
05-14-2003, 06:07 PM
Maybe I'll drop in and have a couple of beers since they won't let me play. What a joke! LOL Good luck anyway.
295 yards, I don't want to play with her, She plays from the long tees, I play from the Ladies tees! /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

~~~Rod, $100,000.00 eh

Popcorn
05-14-2003, 06:17 PM
Not looking for a debate, but if Jean was playing today, (I doubt she even approached what would have been her peak) She would clean their clocks. She played more like a man then any women I ever saw play. That may be a sexiest comment but I mean it in the best of ways, she had it all. I am dead serious, you can forget robot lady Fisher, Jean would destroy her at any pool game.

05-14-2003, 06:28 PM
Well...thats because this tournament is only for Men &amp; Women...(Not pool Gods)..... /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

I never heard he would not let you play...I might have to say something to ol Swarty about that....

Rod
05-14-2003, 06:34 PM
Some have already, no go

cueball1950
05-14-2003, 09:21 PM
i just gotta agree with voodoo on this. I have seen Karen play on the Joss tour and beat some pretty tough male players. Ginky comes to mind. Jim rempe also comes to mind as does mike zuglan and i believe she also beat Mika once. When she beat Mr Rempe it was in the finals and she won the tournament....I say. If Annika wants to make a fol of herself. Then so be it. No one has raised the question yet. Is she getting an appearance fee as part of this.....Mike

Kato
05-14-2003, 11:12 PM
I'm pretty sure there is a cut. There isn't a tournament on the men's tour (maybe the Players Championship) that doesn't have a cut.

Kato

Billy
05-15-2003, 02:01 AM
yes it's great theatre and it's great publicity ...

lots of non-golfers are taking notice and will probably view the tournament out of curiosity and in turn certainly increase ratings /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

for the same reason this is why i would like to see more of Allison Fisher,Karen Corr,and even Jean Balukas (again) starting to play in true open events.i do need to say that these three are the only ones imo capable of pulling this off though.

it would be a great boost for pool.what do you think the media would do if these women started winning in open pool tournaments?where else can women compete with men on a level playing field?

sorry but it's not going to be this weeks golfing event /ccboard/images/graemlins/blush.gif but i do think it's possible in our wonderful sport of pool

jmo

Ralph S.
05-15-2003, 07:03 AM
Okay, I have just picked myself up from the floor, which I had fallen onto in an uncontrollable state of laughter. Really, Muujhiad, do you really believe Jeanette Lee is ten times better than Bustamonte? If that is the case let me empty my bank account and we will put a little bet, change that to a huge bet. I'll take Busta and give you weight.

Ralph S.&gt;starting to fall on the floor again. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Ralph S.
05-15-2003, 07:06 AM
Muujhid, I forgot to mention that the only way JL is ten times better in Busta is looks and marketability.

Fred Agnir
05-15-2003, 08:11 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Richard Cranium:</font><hr> Once agian let me say this I don;t have any problem with a women that wants to play on the PGA tour if they have quailifed throught the proper <hr /></blockquote>Perfect post. This one sentence is also the only problem I have, if I have a problem at all. Suzy Whaley qualified through the proper channels winning the Ct. PGA Sectional (from the shorter tees). Now that she has done that within the rules, a closer look at the rules was in order, and the change has been rightly incorporated, IMO. I'd hate to be the man who came in second to her, blowing his one chance to gain a PGA exemption.

I'd like to see Annika do well. I'd hate for her to be embarrassed (in any way). I'm not going to say that it would be some kind of miracle if she made the cut. It would be interesting if she did. I'll root for her.

Fred &lt;~~~ thinks Annika outdrives Fred Funk

Fred Agnir
05-15-2003, 08:18 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Richard Cranium:</font><hr> There is a girl that could contend in a few years with the men..The asian girl that is like 14 or 15...she hits it about 295 off the tee....If she developes her short game,,, she has a good chance to make some noise. <hr /></blockquote>13-yr old Michelle Wie.

http://www.808golf.com/michellewie/mw_aw-accomp.htm

Fred

snipershot
05-15-2003, 04:11 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Ralph S.:</font><hr> Okay, I have just picked myself up from the floor, which I had fallen onto in an uncontrollable state of laughter. Really, Muujhiad, do you really believe Jeanette Lee is ten times better than Bustamonte? If that is the case let me empty my bank account and we will put a little bet, change that to a huge bet. I'll take Busta and give you weight.

Ralph S.&gt;starting to fall on the floor again. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif <hr /></blockquote>

Thanks Ralph,

I don't want to take away from Jeanette as she could whoop all of us here no problem, but she couldn't beat Bustamante, end of story.

05-16-2003, 07:58 AM
I got $$$$$ that says Rod would beat Janette Lee....(in any game)

<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Ralph S.:</font><hr>
I don't want to take away from Jeanette as she could whoop all of us here no problem, but she couldn't beat Bustamante, end of story. <hr /></blockquote>

Ward
05-16-2003, 08:14 AM
Richard

Some of the reports that I am hearing here in Dallas is that the sponsors exemption (sp) can go to anyone. It doesn't mean that a male pro has to sit out, they give the exemption to anyone they choose, maybe a teaching pro at a local course, someone who has worked to help put together the tournament, etc.

The marketing people made a smart move, the Byron Nelson is being held this week and all anyone is talking about is the Colonoal next week... Follow the money.....

Later

Jack Jr
05-16-2003, 01:57 PM
Jean is my age and I saw her play from her early teens to her peak. If she had continued to play, she would have definitly been the best woman player ever. She had great command of the table, and also had a very strong stroke and great shot making ability.

Not to say the women today are not superior to women years ago. Jeanie was in a class of her own.

SPetty
05-16-2003, 03:36 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote muujahid:</font><hr> women are getting away with murder, women can invade our world but we can't be apart of theirs is truly a double standard and it has been since women got rights in the 60's. For instance i agree with women competing in mental sports chess, billiards etc. but boxing hell no, it is not at all sexy or nice to see a woman getting her ass whopped much less doing it, women body builders " NO COMMENT ", the only reason do what they do is 1. to piss us off &amp; 2. because some nut went and said they could'nt do what men could do " oh boy " look at the doors they opened their.<hr /></blockquote>Wow. I tend to stay out of frays like this, but you've sucked me in. "not at all sexy or nice"??!? Is it "sexy and nice" to see men whopping and getting whopped? Wow. Or are women only supposed to do things that are "sexy and nice"? They're not supposed to do anything unless it's "sexy and nice" for you? Wow.

The only reason the women want to do something is to piss you off? Wow. I guess it worked! /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

muujahid, at the risk of pissing you off, women are people too, not here just to be "sexy and nice" for you.

05-16-2003, 05:48 PM
oh, you think women fighting is sexy ?

and by the way this is my personal overview just like the rest of these post, no offense intented. sorry to anyone i have offended " did'nt mean it. "