PDA

View Full Version : So Who Won?

9 Ball Girl
05-14-2003, 09:45 AM
AZBilliards shows that Ralf Souqet beat Tony R. 11-8. The WPBA brackets show that Tony won 11-8. So who really won?

Wendy<---things that make you go hmmmm...

Tom_In_Cincy
05-14-2003, 10:27 AM
Given the past history of AZBilliards, I would guess that their info is correct.

BUT, I am hoping for Ralph to have won the match.. /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Rich R.
05-14-2003, 10:38 AM
The last time I noticed a difference between AZB and the WPBA brackets, the WPBA brackets were correct.
Although Mike H. does a great job, he is getting his information second hand, at best, and that makes for a greater possibility of an error. Of course, the WPBA ain't perfect either.

Don't say it, I know this was no help at all. /ccboard/images/graemlins/confused.gif

Mike H
05-14-2003, 10:46 AM
I suspect AZ is right.....the WPBA brackets incorrectly listed Ortmann beating Breedlove in the 1st round also.

WaltVA
05-14-2003, 11:30 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Rich R.:</font><hr>....Although Mike H. does a great job, he is getting his information second hand, at best, and that makes for a greater possibility of an error.... <hr /></blockquote>
FWIW, Mike posted on AzB last week that he was planning to arrive Sunday and be there the entire week to cover it.

Walt in VA

05-14-2003, 12:18 PM
Turns out that the scores were written down incorrectly at the time of the WPBA posting and corrected later for Mike to get the right one.