PDA

View Full Version : Schmidt tables

thepoolnerd
05-16-2003, 09:04 AM
I have a chance to buy a 6-7 year old Schmidt nine footer for $1000. Is this a pretty good deal? Are they pretty decent tables? I've never bought used; anything I should watch out for? Thanks.

Wally_in_Cincy
05-16-2003, 10:28 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote thepoolnerd:</font><hr> I have a chance to buy a 6-7 year old Schmidt nine footer for $1000. Is this a pretty good deal? Are they pretty decent tables? I've never bought used; anything I should watch out for? Thanks. <hr /></blockquote>

A. E. Schmidt ?

They are an old family-owned company with a good reputation. I've played on one before and it wasn't bad at all. What shape is the table in? Maybe you could check out the prices on new Scmidts for comparison. Hey for $1000 what he heck /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

This probably didn't help much. I just wanted to bring the post back to the top so others more knowledgable than me did not miss it.

NBC-BOB
05-16-2003, 12:18 PM
Sometime last year I had a posting saying that I thought the schmidt tables were real good and someone else said that wasn't true.Of cause I was talking about there tables of 25 yrs ago.So now I really don't know how there newer tables are?All of there tables that I've played on were drop pocket and I don't know if there newer tables have ball returns or not. good luck!

ElephantPoker
05-16-2003, 01:46 PM
Stick with the Leisure Bay. You can substitute it for a ping pong table. You can also get one of those neat covers and use it for a dinner table around the holidays. The $1,000 would be better spent on a new break cue. Ha Ha.

05-16-2003, 05:57 PM
[ QUOTE ]
You can also get one of those neat covers and use it for a dinner table around the holidays. <hr /></blockquote>

damn that hurt.

Tom_In_Cincy
05-17-2003, 12:18 PM
A.E. Schmidt tables that I have played on, have a 4 inch rail. I never liked them for that reason. Most tables have at least a 6 inch width on the rails.. some as much as an 8 inch width.