PDA

View Full Version : How I Choked on the nine

nAz
05-16-2003, 11:53 AM
last night i was playing a semi final match race to 3 on the loser side I was down 2-0 My opponent missed the 7 ball on the 3rd game and I finished, then i broke made two balls and ran out /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif then I broke again made the 7b started to run a rack that to me was hard. I got to the 9B ball perfectly, I took my time went down on the shot and MISSED the pocket by 2in. /ccboard/images/graemlins/frown.gif WTF! left it hanging for the other guy, he went on to win that game and the tourney.
The guy he beat wanted to kill me because we were going to split the winnings
oh well... heres what the table looked like, The Cue ball was @ point A when i missed the 9B

wei (http://endeavor.med.nyu.edu/~wei/pool/pooltable2.html)
hope you can follow what i put down: START(
%Ah6Z8%BR5Z9%Cr9T1%DU1I6%EV1D1%FQ7X5%HL9I8%Ih5J4%P I7L8%Q]2P5
%U\1F5%VV3I8%Wf8Z9%XJ0L6%Yc9M3%Zg4Z6%[h3F4%\S3[1%]^6N3%^r7R8
%_S1X9%`X3U6%aa2P1%b\2Q2%cX1O3%dN9K4
)END

Aboo
05-16-2003, 12:10 PM
Grrrrr, I HATE missing shots like that. Especially on the money ball >:( Sorry for your loss man.

snipershot
05-16-2003, 12:34 PM
Ouch man I feel your pain on that one, even the best players in the world have missed those shots at some point in their life so don't feel bad. I've missed worse and it just makes you come back stronger in the long run so I guess it will make you a better player over the long haul.

We learn from our mistakes>Chris

Rod
05-16-2003, 12:51 PM
Could you put a couple more arrows in there for the 2 and 5? /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif Sorry about the miss, did you get a excited or a little quick on the shot?

Rod

bluewolf
05-16-2003, 12:59 PM
Sorry to hear bout that Naz.

Laura

stick8
05-16-2003, 01:07 PM
I dont know if this will help, but i had a above average player practicing in my room i was watching him he would shoot from the 1-6 like god then miss on the 7-8-9? he looked atme and said what am i doing wrong? My meply was if you shoot the 8-9 like you do the i-6 no one will beat you! he was thking 7out for gimmes, Itold him to ( finesh up} the next three big tourny he fifished 2nd in all three he thanked me for advise just finesh up!!!!!!! OLD MAN STICK

nAz
05-16-2003, 03:41 PM
Hmm have to try to think like that next time stick.

Rod I don't know sort of took my time on the shot but i think i took my eye off of it at tyhe last 1/4 sec. /ccboard/images/graemlins/frown.gif

live and learn

05-16-2003, 03:56 PM
Bummer. No matter how good or lousy any of us are, there's always that #$%&ing shot ... tiny loss of focus for a fraction of a second. Maybe the game would get boring if we always played up to our ability. Nah, I didn't think so, either.

TomBrooklyn
05-17-2003, 07:31 PM
Thanks for putting the wei link in your post, thats very considerate of you.

Nicely diagrammed also.

Too bad you missed the nine ball. Maybe you should play more basketball, it's good cross training.

nAz
05-17-2003, 08:31 PM
Hey AfternoonCaddy yes it would be boring to play att hat level all time NOT! /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

yep Tom i'll hit the courts this week, been a while since i dunked a bll on anyone /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Qtec
05-17-2003, 09:24 PM
You are right handed,you missed the pocket on the right side and you probably tried to roll the 9 in.Am i close?Qtec

nAz
05-17-2003, 10:36 PM
well i am right handed and many times when i do roll a ball it does drift to the right side of the pocket.
In this case i tried to hit it firm and let the Cue Ball drift forward a couple of inches and i missed to the right. /ccboard/images/graemlins/frown.gif

I notice when I try a stop or draw shot with the CueB a foot or more from the OB I will tend to miss it to the right of the pocket, (i fear this shot) i have been missing it a lot lately /ccboard/images/graemlins/frown.gif

Popcorn
05-17-2003, 10:44 PM
If you never missed, you would be tough to beat.
I missed this 9 for $800. one night It ain't automatic.
START(
%AN7O5%BL8P7%CJ7O4%DL8N2%EM7P1%FK7P1%GK7N8%HM7N8%I r7I3%JK8M6
%KJ7P7%LJ7N2%MK7Q3%NJ7Q9%OJ7M0%Pr9W3
)END

nAz
05-17-2003, 10:51 PM
OUCH! HAhahaha how could you miss that hanger! err... uh oh never mind lol hmm thank you, i feel a little better now but not much /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Rod
05-17-2003, 11:24 PM
The dumb ass shots we miss. I've missed them to. Right at the moment I have brain lock. I don't think it wants me to remember. That's good I might get sick! /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Popcorn
05-18-2003, 01:15 AM
I do have an answer for you. After a miss like that, when you see the ball still on the table, you sometimes find you can't even remember having even looked at the ball, it's weird. It is like someone talking to you and saying "Hay, are you listening?" And you answer "What, were you talking to me"? It seem like your mind is unplugged or something. I have had that feeling a lot of times, missed a ball and could not even remember aiming at it.

nAz
05-18-2003, 02:00 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Popcorn:</font><hr> I do have an answer for you. After a miss like that, when you see the ball still on the table, you sometimes find you can't even remember having even looked at the ball, it's weird. It is like someone talking to you and saying "Hay, are you listening?" And you answer "What, were you talking to me"? It seem like your mind is unplugged or something. I have had that feeling a lot of times, missed a ball and could not even remember aiming at it. <hr /></blockquote>

Yeah! some times it does feel like that " i dont remember if i looked at the ball"

Qtec
05-20-2003, 08:46 PM
My guess is that your problem lies in the angle of your cue.You want to keep your cue as level with the table as possible.Imagine your cue is a rifle and ask yourself this;if i shoot, will the bullet hit the object ball?If you are shooting into the cloth, your cue is too steep.The general rule is this,dont hit the cue ball,go through it.If you play a straight shot with top,imagine trying to hit the object ball on the same place.Same applies when hitting on the bottom.I know that this is not always possible,eg cue ball close to rail,but do your best.Practice this set-up drill.1,stand on the line of the shot.2,get the cue on line and then take your stance.3,get down slowly over the cue[dont pick it up],looking at your target[object ball]not the white!Stay relaxed and try and cue smoothly.Let that cue go,dont try and guide it.Hope this helps.Qtec

pooldaddy9
05-21-2003, 10:33 AM
It seems like the easy shots are missed the most. I hate it when that happens. I blew a game for the match myself last night that I could have made blindfolded. I guess you have to shoot every ball the same.

nAz
05-21-2003, 12:03 PM
Qtec thanks for the advice I will try to put that to use.

I practiced yesterday with TomB he kicked my butt race to 3 lol

Then i played another friend 9B, he beat me race to 7, 1P I beat him 3 straight and 14.1 I beat him race to 75. I ran 36 /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif
well my stroke felt really good but i came across a straight distance shot maybe 9 times and missed it more then half the time. WTF!
Practice Practice Practice

Rod
05-21-2003, 04:27 PM
nAz, sometimes our batteries needs a charged, that little bunny won't run forever! /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

~~ hope this helps

Rod

nAz
05-21-2003, 05:19 PM
Lousy no good bunny!