PDA

View Full Version : Rumer at IA. State BCA tourney this last weekend.

Chris Cass
03-26-2002, 01:37 PM
I heard from a close sorce some dirt bag stoled a expensive cue from a vender. If this is true, I'm really dissapointed. The venders are an important part of our sport. These venders should be totally safe from this type of BS. If I saw someone stealing a cue from a vender. I'd be letting him know about it, for sure.

Regards,
C.C.~~didn't attend Waterloo event....

03-26-2002, 02:49 PM
Chris, that's appalling. Was wondering if you knew (or wanted to disclose) the vendor, and a general description of the cue? There's always the chance, however remote, that the guy will get caught trying to sell it.

- Steve

03-26-2002, 03:21 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote: Chris Cass:</font><hr> I heard from a close sorce some dirt bag stoled a expensive cue from a vender. If this is true, I'm really dissapointed. The venders are an important part of our sport. These venders should be totally safe from this type of BS. If I saw someone stealing a cue from a vender. I'd be letting him know about it, for sure.

Regards,
C.C.~~didn't attend Waterloo event.... <hr></blockquote>
Hey Chris,

People like that are what's hurting our sport. Like they say; Don't bite the hand that feeds you. If you're interested, give us some info, we'll put the word out and hey, you never know, we might catch this guy! I would love to see this guy hung by his Walnut bag!

Eric &gt; thinks Thieves are like sand in your bathing suit!

Chris Cass
03-26-2002, 03:38 PM
Thanks Steve and Eric,
Haven't got the lowdown on the story from my buddy yet. If I do I'll give it up. This was truly a stupid move. Some players lack class and if it was my cue he'd pray I didn't find out. Hopefully the vender will see his cue again.

The main problems with sponsorship, is some of the players would sell the cue the sponsor gives them and lose the sponsor. Basically the end results are the same as stealing. No sponsorships.

Why can't people see this? So many sponsors have been burned. When a descent player with good intentions come along, they can't get one. Well, that's another story. The bad news is it was said to be a expensive cue. The good news is, an expensive cue doesn't blend in so easy.

Venting for Venders and Sponsors,
C.C.

03-26-2002, 03:44 PM
Chris, I agree with everything you wrote. I wanted to add, though, that some sponsorship deals are cue-related. I've known at least two players whose sponsor, rather than outright paying them, just gave them a number of cues each year to do with as they pleased. It was understood that the cues would be sold for the players' profit. I guess the sponsors do this because it's cheaper than giving cash.

- Steve

Chris Cass
03-26-2002, 04:07 PM
Hi Steve,
I agree with that also. I know Schon does for two friends of mine but I was refering to some of the rather new sponsors, that would like to see their products in use at tourney events. Some will also now give you a cue to play with and some to take for sale. The sponsors are getting wise. If it's an up front deal than the sponsor isn't part of what I was refering to. I just hate it when one makes us good guys look bad.
Regards,
C.C.

Rod
03-26-2002, 04:08 PM
Steve, yes I'm sure the cash is the big factor. Then they can write off what ever amount they choose, to a limit.
I always liked that creative accounting on my end!