PDA

View Full Version : Will SPetty buy the Schon Cue -- in Vegas?

Rod
05-17-2003, 01:47 PM
In SPetty's last Vegas report you could tell she really wanted to buy that cue. Even stops by now and then to have a look, guess she is just making sure it it ok. /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif With all the money their going to win in the team event, I vote yes. I'd vote yes even if they didn't win money.
I know there pretty expensive so I could be wrong. What cha think?

Tom_In_Cincy
05-17-2003, 02:00 PM
Rod,

If SPetty gets that cue, I will be very jealous. I have been wanting a Schön Cue for at least 15 years.

BTW (press and hold the ALT key and then enter 0246 on the number pad [then release the ALT key] for the "ö" letter.)

Rod
05-17-2003, 03:26 PM
Tom,
I'd never heard of them, that is the Elite model. The guy up there told her only 3 of each were made. On the site it says 7 of each. From selling them in the past I know they will all be a little different. Here is a link- Schön Cues (http://www.schoncues.com/html/schonelite.html)

BTW, I use Alt + 148 to make the ö, I just forgot.

Karatemom
05-17-2003, 04:25 PM
Yes, I think she'll end up buying it. She needs something to add to that beautiful Petty's Point Poolhall, LOL. Also, if Fred is around, you know he'll make sure she buys it, hahaha.

Heide ~ only owns 2 herself, oops make that 3, forgot the Airtime

SPetty
05-17-2003, 08:49 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Rod:</font><hr> In SPetty's last Vegas report you could tell she really wanted to buy that cue. Even stops by now and then to have a look, guess she is just making sure it is ok. /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif With all the money their going to win in the team event, I vote yes. I'd vote yes even if they didn't win money.
I know they're pretty expensive so I could be wrong. What cha think? <hr /></blockquote>Hi Rod,

Taking bets? Here's a picture of the cue I found online:
http://www.hawleys.com/schon/gifs/elite/E10.jpg

I checked it out at least three times a day. I had decided that if we won the team event ($6000 / 6 players = $1000), I'd buy it.

We came in 13-16 ($500 / 6 = $83.33).

Yes, I really wanted to buy that cue. I just couldn't bring myself to do it. My play does not justify a cue valued that highly. This Schon is a gorgeous cue and I really like it because it's a little different with the gray color and my favorite inlay is abalone. I already have a nice cue - why do I need another cue? /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Now, had you been here to support my decision and egg me on to buy it, the answer might have been different.

BTW - I did actually almost decide to buy a plain brown no wrap cue from Jacoby, but he wasn't there when I stopped by this afternoon to buy it. But at least I bought a couple of those lovely Jacoby chalk holder sticks. I promise not to flush either of them! /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

SPetty~~~Hope I didn't let you down by passing it by. I know I let down Joe Salazar...

Rod
05-17-2003, 09:31 PM
SPetty,
First of all congrats to your team for playing so well. There is a lot of talent up there, it isn't easy as you well know. You done good, there is always next year.

Next up the cue, hey you were just a little short, $916.67. /ccboard/images/graemlins/frown.gif That is a sweetheart of a cue. Not to busy, clean and very pretty. I like that cue, or could you tell? LOL My cue is very close, 6 points and looks identical to the stain on that cue. It has the same MP inlays though, not abalone. The butt has inlay but not the same.

What nice cue, the predator with a warped shaft? Where was Rip my Vegas connection? He was suppose to egg you on. Can't find decent help! LOL Let me down, no not at all until I saw the picture. /ccboard/images/graemlins/frown.gif We do have to make smart decisions though.

Rod

Rich R.
05-18-2003, 06:51 AM
SPetty, I hope you don't regret passing it up, too much.
I passed up a cue at Valley Forge in 2002 and I have regretted it since.
Unfortunately, I only got a chance to pass it up once. When I went back, an hour later, to see it again and possibly buy it, it was gone. /ccboard/images/graemlins/frown.gif

BTW, I don't mean to rub it in, but I do have a new cue with some abalone inlays. They are very nice. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Fred Agnir
05-18-2003, 07:16 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Karatemom:</font><hr> Yes, I think she'll end up buying it. She needs something to add to that beautiful Petty's Point Poolhall, LOL. Also, if Fred is around, you know he'll make sure she buys it, hahaha.<hr /></blockquote>Unfortunately, I'm not around anymore. My friend Rob got Joe Salazar to agree to a lower price. I told Joe to put on a card (in writing) so SPetty could think about it. If Rip is still hanging around, I'm sure there's enough "equipment buying fever" in him to keep her interest high.

Fred &lt;~~~ I say, there's no time like the present to buy a cue stick

Sid_Vicious
05-18-2003, 08:06 AM
"My play does not justify a cue valued that highly."

NOW STOP THAT RIGHT NOW! Seriously, except for absolute newbies I have always been very pointed about players saying this phrase about themselves, it is self defeating. Years back when I thought a hundred bought a high end stick, I had an opportunity to buy one of McDermott's prized M-series cues w/2 shafts and joint protectors, retailed @$2K(nobody in-the-know payed that though), used for 5 hundred. I picked it up for a test drive, having never played with a cue that fine, and proceeded to shoot way ahead of my game for that time period. It was then that I realized, "I can shoot "up" to the cue I'm playing with" and I have established that as a concrete feeling and belief. Besides Susan, you're game IS exactly where I'd call you ready for any cue you really want. In retrospect I have concluded that you could have bought it the first time I saw you play. Once somebody really appreciates cues, knows how to take care of them and is in forward gear with their pool career...they're ready. Spend the money and play, life's too short...sid~~~never owned a Shon but I could definitely take to having the one you posted here ;-)

Tom_In_Cincy
05-18-2003, 08:57 AM
Rod,
Thanks for the link... WOW.. those cues are awesome.. beautiful.

Tom_In_Cincy
05-18-2003, 09:06 AM
SPetty,
Congrats on your efforts at the tournament.
On you not bening worthy of that cue...maybe if you had the cue and played with it during the tournament, you'd have finished higher?

You deserve anything you want, when you want it, just because you can.

eg8r
05-18-2003, 09:50 AM
[ QUOTE ]
It was then that I realized, "I can shoot "up" to the cue I'm playing with" and I have established that as a concrete feeling and belief. <hr /></blockquote> A lot of times this increased shooting level will only stay around for a short period of time, the you go back to your normal shooting level. You never said, did you buy it?

[ QUOTE ]
Besides Susan, you're game IS exactly where I'd call you ready for any cue you really want. <hr /></blockquote> I definitely agree. I believe once you have been playing for awhile and know what you want in a cue you should get it, high end or not. I like the idea of getting the cue I am comfortable with and then getting to the next level and moving on from there. Sort of like growing up with the cue. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

eg8r

Sid_Vicious
05-18-2003, 10:24 AM
Yes, I bought it, and no the ability did not stick forever. Thing I learned was that my emotions of feeling the special cue seemed to hone my cuemanship, and that was the hook that caught me for buying what I want. Hey, if you really like something and it doesn't break the bank, I say enjoy it...sid~~~Sid's the best one I know to spend his money on anyways