PDA

View Full Version : Long Work DAY>>> TODAY<<<

Tom_In_Cincy
05-17-2003, 02:10 PM
Started at 8am.. and just now leaving.. then I am working at the Pro Shop at the pool hall from 6pm until 230am..

geeze the things I do to get free pool time..

bluewolf
05-17-2003, 02:27 PM
WOW. The weather here sucks. We go back and forth to the pool table, various mundane tasks, then ccb, then back to the table etc. The weather has been yuccy since thursday.

Walking a dog and coming in wetter than the dog is NOT fun /ccboard/images/graemlins/frown.gif

Laura

Tom_In_Cincy
05-17-2003, 02:30 PM
Rainy and 60 here in Cincy today.. yucky also.

But, its better than SNOW, Sleet or ICE..

And there is always CCB

Karatemom
05-17-2003, 04:11 PM
It's beautiful here. 75 and sunny, light breeze. Couldn't ask for a better day. Went to the big flea market this morning, got a few things that I didn't need, LOL. The rest of my day will be spent working on projects ( /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif @ Tom), laundry, and removing 2 climbing rosebushes and replacing them with regular roses. Sounds like you've got a busy day ahead of you, but there's not much more important than getting free pool time, LOL.

Hwisw

Rod
05-17-2003, 04:20 PM
Wow, that is a long day. You'll need sunday to recover! LOL

Rod
05-17-2003, 04:24 PM
It's sunny here and about 100 degrees or more. Whew, it's hot! I'd like to have some rain or the cruddy weather they speak of. LOL

dg-in-centralpa
05-17-2003, 09:10 PM
You should have been at the Preakness today. It was about 54 degrees, windy and cold. It was drizzling off and on. Not much fun to be sitting outside watching horse racing all day.
DG - who lost money at the Preakness

Rod
05-17-2003, 11:42 PM
Well a little warmer would be better. It's still hot here. Wonder how DG did at the races? /ccboard/images/graemlins/shocked.gif Hey I never even got to see the Derby. I was at the pool room and the gal could not find the channel. How lame, and then I forgot.

dg-in-centralpa
05-18-2003, 08:02 AM
Rod - I didn't do well at all. /ccboard/images/graemlins/frown.gif Highlight of the day was I met D. Wayne Lukas(trainer for the third place horse) and Jerry Bailey(jockey who rode the second place horse in the derby). /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif Oh well hopefully I'll do better when I go to the Belmont in June.

Tom_In_Cincy
05-18-2003, 09:43 AM
Rod,

I have to work today.. 6pm to 1am.. damn.. I'm getting too old for this $hit. Maybe when I get enough $$$ I can buy part of this PH and play free?... nah

9 Ball Girl
05-18-2003, 06:33 PM
Well lets see. I went to the pool hall last night on Saturday at about 11PM and got back home at 7PM today Sunday. What's it look like outside? You got me, all I see is green felt. Green felt all over the place.

Wendy~~~sooo tired that I can't even read the whole thread... /ccboard/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

bluewolf
05-19-2003, 05:34 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Tom_In_Cincy:</font><hr> Rod,

I have to work today.. 6pm to 1am.. damn.. I'm getting too old for this $hit. Maybe when I get enough $$$ I can buy part of this PH and play free?... nah <hr /></blockquote>

Tom,

I am very sorry you are having to work such bad hours. I learned that I cannot work certain hours or back to back or it does bad things to my brain and body. But then, I had a choice.

Sometimes men do not have as much choices when they have a family to support. This is unfair.

Laura

Tom_In_Cincy
05-19-2003, 06:16 AM
Wendy,
I am getting sleepy just thinking of the 26 hours I worked this weekend.
But not all was bad, I did get to make some new friends and visit with my pool buddies all weekend. Some times its nice working in a pool hall... LOL

Tom_In_Cincy
05-19-2003, 06:19 AM
Laura,
Its not as bad as I made it out to be. I was just venting a little. It helps sometimes to just let the steam out. This part time job sometimes piggy backs onto my real job and the two can become a challange. But, not often. This last weekend was a long one, but I survived.

Next weekend I will have a nice long 4 day weekend.

MikeM
05-19-2003, 07:05 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote dg-in-centralpa:</font><hr>
DG - who lost money at the Preakness <hr /></blockquote>

DG,

You didn't play the 9-6 exacta like I told you too??? /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif

MM

dg-in-centralpa
05-19-2003, 03:19 PM
MikeM - I wish. I played 9 - 7 instead. I was wonderin' where that horse came from, 'cause he came from nowhere. I had my trifecta perfect at the top of the stretch, but naturally it didn't hold. What's your choice for the Belmont?
DG - looking forward to going to the Belmont.

MikeM
05-19-2003, 04:56 PM
I wouldn't bet against Funny Cide at this point. He looked too good Saturday. He won that one so easily. Jockey held him back and when he said go it was over.

It's time for another Triple Crown winner.

MM...of course ignore everything I say, I play the horses WORSE than I play pool. /ccboard/images/graemlins/cool.gif

dg-in-centralpa
05-19-2003, 05:57 PM
MM - I agree - I won't bet against him either. Although I hear rumblings of another horse that hasn't run the Derby or Preakness, who is supposed to be the best three year old. People are telling me to watch out for Dynever, who won the Lonestar Derby. I watched the network coverage when I got home and was surprised how easily Funny won. /ccboard/images/graemlins/shocked.gif I was duly impressed. While I would like to see a triple crown, I think of all the money the owners will lose by not being able to breed him. /ccboard/images/graemlins/frown.gif Hopefully his career in racing will be prosperous. If not, it was a helluva ride.

DG - who's counting the days 'til the Belmont /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif