PDA

View Full Version : What summer movie are YOU looking most forward too

snipershot
05-17-2003, 06:51 PM
The summer months are approaching rapidly and it will soon be my favorite time of year for good movies, last year the best movie of the summer was definitely Austin Powers-Goldmember, this summer looks like it will be even better. I can't wait to see the Terminator 3-rise of the machines and 2fast 2furious. What movies are you looking most forward to this summer?

Scotty don't

Hopster
05-17-2003, 06:55 PM
Terminator3 and the Hulk

Karatemom
05-17-2003, 07:00 PM
There were quite a few good looking previews at the theater the other night, but I think that Terminator 3 is probably going to be the biggest. Another one is Freddy vs. Jason. Chris hates those kind of movies, but Christ and I are big fans. One is coming out with Will Smith and Martin Lawrence that looks pretty good but can't remember the name. I'm looking most forward to Terminator 3: Rise of the Machines, though. Saw the preview the other night, looks really good - lots of special effects!!

Heide

TomBrooklyn
05-17-2003, 07:37 PM
Matrix, the LA white kid rapper, and the Steve Martin/Queen Latifa movie.

Went to the theater downtown on Court Street last night that had Matrix on three screens and all shows were sold out except the ones that started from 12:30am to 1:00 am.

dg-in-centralpa
05-17-2003, 09:07 PM
I'm looking forward to Terminator 3 and Pirates of the Carribbean.Not sure what else is coming out.
DG - who didn't do well at the Preakness today. /ccboard/images/graemlins/frown.gif

Kato
05-17-2003, 10:08 PM
I'm reading The Hulk right now so my interest is peaked. 2 Fast 2 Furious was filmed down here so I'll go see that and T3 as well.

Kato~~~~reads, doesn't go to movies

nAz
05-17-2003, 10:27 PM
Movie trailers (http://movies.go.com/movies/H/hulkthe_2001/index.html#)

Gonna see Xmen 2 and Matrix2 tomorrow /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif hope its good cuase i read this : Matrix Regurgitated? (http://slate.msn.com/id/2082928/)

eg8r
05-18-2003, 12:38 AM
I am pretty excited about the blockbusters coming out this year. I just got back from the Matrix and it was pretty good. Since you mentioned 2F2F, what is it you are excited about? I really liked FF and I was happy to hear the next one was coming out. After seeing the trailer for 2F2F I am not sure I am too crazy about it. Those fools have the flame thrower crap on their ricers. LOL It is enough that the movie is generally full of honduhs and mitsus (except for the occasional RX-7 and Skyline), but now they are showing flames in the exhaust. I thought that hp limiting crap was over in the 60s and 70s.

I am not usually considered a "hater" when talking about import racing and the such but that movie has become a walking Pep Boys commercial. All those big wings and crap crack me up. Those wings remind me of the handles on a grocery cart. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif Oh well, I will go see the movie just to see if I am wrong. I am sure I will like all the action scenes and the racing however I hope they do those scenes without the honduhs and mitsus.

eg8r

eg8r
05-18-2003, 12:40 AM
[ QUOTE ]
One is coming out with Will Smith and Martin Lawrence that looks pretty good but can't remember the name. <hr /></blockquote> Bad Boys 2. I love the part where the two pop out of costume in a KKK meeting. Martin Lawrence starts singing one of the verses to Bad Boys but he cannot remember the words. Hilarious. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

eg8r

eg8r
05-18-2003, 12:48 AM
Since no one has said it yet, I cannot wait for Finding Nemo. The best movie of the summer (http://www.pixar.com/featurefilms/nemo/). My dream job would be working at Pixar. I say, if you are going to work on the computer all day, you might as well be making cartoons. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

I am also looking forward to Bad Boys 2, Dumb and Dumber movie, <font color="green">The Hulk</font color>, and T3 to name a few.

Last but not least Tomb Raider: The cradle of life.

eg8r

Hopster
05-18-2003, 07:25 AM
Another one is Freddy vs. Jason. Chris hates those kind of movies, but Christ and I are big fans. &lt;---Karate mom

I laughed when i saw the preview for that film. I got a picture of me and Freddie from a convention out here and i used to work with the guy who played Jason in part6.

Tom_In_Cincy
05-18-2003, 10:12 AM
Hulk and Matrix, Bad Boyz II and Terminator III

But I am sure I will have to see some chick flicks inbetween the ones I want to see... priorities, priorities.

snipershot
05-18-2003, 01:30 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote eg8r:</font><hr> Since you mentioned 2F2F, what is it you are excited about? eg8r <hr /></blockquote>

Fast cars+hot girls = great action

I'm a real fan of action movies and the original Fast and the Furious was a really action packed movie so that has had me looking forward to this one for quite a while. Even if it's similar to the original I will still like it.

nAz
05-18-2003, 01:49 PM
Ok just got back from watching X2 and Matrix2 X2 was better by far!
Matrix2 had some really cool moves but i like the story line from the first one much more.
I'll watch the Hulk when it come out but I don't think it'll be to good from what i have seen in the trailers he looks too much like a computer generated character, hope I'm wrong cause i love the jolly green giant /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Aboo
05-19-2003, 01:31 PM
I am REALLY looking forward to The Hulk and I agree with you nAz that the trailer looks like crap /ccboard/images/graemlins/frown.gif I hope it's better than it looks.
I've seen X2 and it was awesome /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif I'm also really looking forward to Bruce Almighty /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif
I probably wouldn't even go see the Matrix Reloaded, except I'm a sucker for hot chix in skin tight leather. And Neo's woman is definitely hot.

9 Ball Girl
05-19-2003, 01:33 PM
Terminator 3 for sure! I still have to go see Identity. I just can't seem to fit going to the movies into my pool schedule!

TomBrooklyn
07-05-2003, 06:44 PM
Pirates of the Caribbean, because I like swashbucklers.

and

Legally Blonde, because I like comedies.

rackmup
07-05-2003, 07:05 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Pirates of the Caribbean, because I like swashbucklers.

and

Legally Blonde, because I like comedies.<hr /></blockquote>

Me too but it's because I like Disneyland and legal blondes.

Regards,

Ken (I know what TB meant.)

Voodoo Daddy
07-06-2003, 04:45 AM
2Fast 2Furious and BAD BOYS II were both filmed at my job. So, its gonna be fun to watch how much they use. Matrix...Trinity, mmm mmm good!!!

WesK
07-06-2003, 07:39 AM
Well, so far they have all been more or less unfulfilling bombs.

So now I guess that I am waiting for Pirates, Blonde, and Boyz. Although, with all of the various trailers for Boyz, what could possibly be left for the actual movie?

wes - been to all that have opened so far... still waiting for a good movie this year.

WesK
07-06-2003, 07:45 AM
Actually, the one thing that I have been waiting most to see all year is the Tour de France.

It's on right now on the OLN. Unfortunately, since the Tour is such an "event" this year, they added some lady commentator (who is really terrible).

Anyway, good luck to Lance and the USPS Team!

wes

Nightstalker
07-06-2003, 04:32 PM
T3 was great, however the ending was strange.
Matrix Reloaded was superb IMO, I loved everything about it.
I also saw Finding Nemo with my daughter, it was an excellent film.