PDA

View Full Version : Funny Cide does it again

cueball1950
05-17-2003, 09:25 PM
Well there is only 1 race left to complete the triple crown. Go Funny Cide. The Kentucky Blue breds must be rolling over in their graves. A new York Bred has won 2/3rds of the triple crown with the win at Pimlico today in the Preakness. The owners only live about 30 miles from where i am. I am looking forward to the Saratoga meet in July and August. (the Travers will definately be on his schedule. Gotta show him off for the home crowd.) All i can say is GOOD LUCK...........................Mike

dg-in-centralpa
05-18-2003, 02:38 PM
Mike - I was at the Preakness and I must admit Funny Cide was very impressive. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif I did place a bet on him to win, but had him second in my trifecta. If he runs the Belmont like he did at Pimlico, we'll have a triple crown winner. I will be at Belmont to root him on, even though I wasn't a believer for the derby, and wasn't at the Preakness. I still thought Peace Rules would win. I bet Empire Maker for the derby. I won a little on Funny but lost on everything else.

DG - who plays horses about as good as I shoot pool /ccboard/images/graemlins/confused.gif

nAz
05-18-2003, 08:26 PM
What were his odd @ the Preakness?
I bet @ Belmount it'll be low as hell... By the Way im going if anyone whats to meet up there let me know.

dg-in-centralpa
05-19-2003, 03:09 PM
nAz - I don't remember what his odds were but they weren't very high. I'd like to hook up at the Belmont. I have reserved seats probably at the eighth pole, outside under roof. Let me know.

nAz
05-19-2003, 04:42 PM
Id like that.is your wifey also coming?
I'll get in touch with you very soon. maybe we play pool too hook up with other CCBers /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif
Hey I thought those reserved seats would be sold out already. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

I think he was at 12-1, in Kentucky.

dg-in-centralpa
05-19-2003, 05:49 PM
nAz - I would be shot, tarred and feathered, castrated, etc. if I didn't bring wifey. /ccboard/images/graemlins/blush.gif She's originally from Lousiville, KY. The seats are probably sold out. Unfortunately pool would be out of the question for me, as we'll be coming on a bus trip. So we'll get to the Belmont and nothing else. /ccboard/images/graemlins/frown.gif Now that I think about my seats, I think they are more at the quarter pole than the eighth pole. Nonetheless, we can still see very well. It will be packed this year. Worse than last year. I know of a place we can meet at the track. In back of the stands, where everyone parties, there will be an artist named Mike Geraghty, with a stand. We could meet there at a certain time. I won't be able to shoot pool, but I'll definitely drink a few with you. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

cueball1950
05-20-2003, 10:07 PM
Hey dg.. if he wins the triple crown you ought to come up to Saratoga for the travers. will definately be a mad house. and such a beautiful place also.........Mike

dg-in-centralpa
05-21-2003, 06:56 PM
Mike - what's the date for the Travers? Maybe I can swing it. I don't know yet how work will be at that time.

DG - who's betting on Funny Cide at the Belmont

nAz
05-22-2003, 01:04 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote cueball1950:</font><hr> Hey dg.. if he wins the triple crown you ought to come up to Saratoga for the travers. will definately be a mad house. and such a beautiful place also.........Mike <hr /></blockquote>

Ahh Saratogo I been to lake George a couple of times but never got to visit the track, I hear its a gorgeous track. Maybe i can make it one day...