PDA

View Full Version : Friends and dinner

Kato
05-17-2003, 10:04 PM
Imagine that Barbara, Mike M, Pete, Voodoo, and I are all in the same place at the same time. Quite a pleasure indeed. Again, Steve proves why he is "THE MAN" picking out the perfect Italian resturaunt for us to eat. It was a blast!!!!!!!! Really good CCB people up in the Northeast. Thanks guys for the memories.

Kato

Rod
05-17-2003, 11:38 PM
Were you up north or were they down south? I never heard about that one. Everybody has fun but me. /ccboard/images/graemlins/frown.gif Glad you guys had a good time, more to come I'm sure.

Rod

Voodoo Daddy
05-18-2003, 06:16 AM
Well...lets start from the begining. OUR friend MikeM has no conception of time when his mind is cluttered with Joe Walsh and short-iron play /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif. He was late and I dont blame his buddies Dave and Steve...nice guys. Barbara and Pete were right on time and it was good to see happy people <they were goin on a cruise/ccboard/images/graemlins/cool.giftoday>. KATO...was KATO, bummin smokes and wearing his classic "I wanna be a guido" shirt. Very fitting for the spot we were at. We had a great meal and it was fun to watch their faces when the food /ccboard/images/graemlins/shocked.gif kept coming. Wine and spirits flowed well and conversation ranged from pool <of course>, to sailing and motorcycles. I hope a good time was had by all. Now, I wait for the next bunch of CCB'ers to blowin through town. Dont know if I can top the last meal...but I'll try!!

Kato
05-18-2003, 08:53 AM
Hey, wait a second. That was my "honorary Italian" get up.

Kato~~~is really 100% Italian

Tom_In_Cincy
05-18-2003, 09:38 AM
Steve,

It had to be Italian.. huh? was there at least a small portion of seafood available?

Jealous... very Jealous.

Knows VooDoo Daddy is a very good judge of Italian Food.. and Kato will eat anything in front of him..

Sounds like a perfect long weekend.. Jealous.. real Jealous

Wally_in_Cincy
05-18-2003, 10:08 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Voodoo Daddy:</font><hr>

KATO...was KATO, ..... wearing his classic "I wanna be a guido" shirt. ......<hr /></blockquote>

Is that a goombah or just a wise guy? /ccboard/images/graemlins/crazy.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/cool.gif

SPetty
05-18-2003, 06:44 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Rod:</font><hr> Everybody has fun but me. /ccboard/images/graemlins/frown.gif <hr /></blockquote>You had your chance, babe. I would have guaranteed a fun time if you had found it in your schedule to make it to Vegas...

SPetty
05-18-2003, 06:45 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Voodoo Daddy:</font><hr> KATO...was KATO, bummin smokes and ...<hr /></blockquote>You must be mistaken. Kato stopped smoking months ago...

Kato
05-18-2003, 09:01 PM
Susan, I failed /ccboard/images/graemlins/frown.gif. I'm about to get back on that horse again though.

Kato~~~~has failed many times. Will succeed.

MikeM
05-18-2003, 11:05 PM
Time? It's hard to tell time when your brain is fried from the sun. It's damn HOT down there! Just got back to chilly Northern Virginia and I miss the heat and humidity already.

What a blast of a time we had though. Definitely an awesome restaurant Voodoo picked out. The veal was delicious and the mussels were awesome. It was great to get to talk to Barbara without her being busy running a tourney desk and it was nice meeting Pete too. A real fun couple and nice to be around. It was a really enjoyable meal.

Kato took me to his home pool hall and knocked a few balls around. Too bad we were both exhausted and the level of pool was not up to our incredibly high standards.

Great hospitality from the SoFla CCB dynamic duo. Thanks a bunch guys!

Mike /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Tom_In_Cincy
05-19-2003, 06:44 AM
Kato my little suntanned yellow friend,

Quitting smoking is easy.. just first quit the automatic smokes.. like the wake up smoke, the telephone smoke, the smoke right after eating.. Then the real smoking will be less and less. At least its working for me.. I plan to be smoke free by September. And the US OPEN will be my reward.

Down to less than a pack a day.. and next is to stop smoking on my work commutes.

Rod
05-19-2003, 10:20 AM
That's right, I remember how smooth it was going for him. Maybe Kato was just bumming for a friend.

Kato
05-19-2003, 10:33 AM
It was never smooth. I tried to talk myself into it though. I'll be much smoother this time around. Kind a like you Rod, smooth.

Kato

Rod
05-19-2003, 10:37 AM
Well best of luck to you. Tom has the right idea, be aware of all those smokes you don't need.

Rod

Kato
05-19-2003, 11:16 AM
I cut out car and wake up. When I move there will be no smoking in my condo. I'm too darn lazy to walk outside to smoke.

Don't worry guys, I'm a little slow. It usually takes me a while to do much of anything right but I don't really like to quit so I'll keep dogging it until I get it right.

Kato

Rich R.
05-19-2003, 11:20 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Rod:</font><hr> Well best of luck to you. Tom has the right idea, be aware of all those smokes you don't need.

Rod <hr /></blockquote>
I hate to disagree with Tom, but for many {like me /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif} cold turkey is the only way to go. Just cutting down or being aware of the "smokes you don't need", is only an excuse to continue carrying and smoking. JMHO.

Tom_In_Cincy
05-19-2003, 12:35 PM
Rich,

Cold turkey is the way I have quit before. 8 years without a cig. Then the stress built up and I began again and smoking was cheaper than alcohol.

But, the cut back did help the cold turkey process. It was easier. I expect to get a little pharmacutical help this time.

Tom_In_Cincy
05-19-2003, 12:38 PM
Kato,
I've quit 3 times in the last 25 years. Once for 8 years, once for 6 years and the last time for 4 years. My kids had a lot to do with me quitting, and work had a lot to do with me starting up again.
This time will be the last and I am starting to look forward to being smoke free.

Rich R.
05-20-2003, 04:03 AM
Whatever works for you Tom, is fine. The important thing, is that it works.

As for the pharmaceutical help, I'm a firm believer in better living through chemistry. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif
Although, it was a heck of a lot more fun in the sixties. /ccboard/images/graemlins/blush.gif

Wally_in_Cincy
05-20-2003, 08:28 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Tom_In_Cincy:</font><hr> Rich,

Cold turkey is the way I have quit before. 8 years without a cig. Then the stress built up and I began again ......
<hr /></blockquote>

Man do I know that feeling. I had quit for 6 years but after I got divorced the second time I had two choices-A bullet thru the brain or cigarettes and booze. Fortunately I chose the latter. Obviously.... /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

I'm going to try to quit again now that the Hamiltucky Invitational is over

Barbara
05-26-2003, 06:34 AM
Hey Kato!!

Weeeeeere ba-ack!!!

Oh yeah, what a way to start a vacation!! Man was that a great place to eat!! From now on, I defer to Voodoo for all of my future culinary adventures in the FLA area.

Later on today I'll post the pics. My only regret is that I didn't get a pic of the "other" twin towers - Voodoo and Pete!!

Barbara~~~got a lot of catch up reading to do... /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif