PDA

View Full Version : Do You Trust Your Cue For This?

Sid_Vicious
05-18-2003, 10:15 AM
START(
%A[2G6%Br7X9%CH7D3%FJ7E2%Ir5O5%Pi0H4%UW4[4%VB7O1%W\6I0%Xh4H5
%Yl0T8%ZW7[5%[D3O2%\[8I0%][2C2%^[3F8%e@8a3
)END

Funny, yet simple things happen it seems. Once I had a strong player saw me lining up for a cut in the side pocket, noting that I was using modest and not extreme outside english, saying "Trust that cue and get out on the edge of that CB!" he had just played a little with the cue and knew it had the shaft wood for that position of tip placement, so I hit it as pretty as you please, the OB gently plopping into the side. How many of y'all believe in your cue/shaft to hit this shot? It is a very pleasant shot to master, seems very intimidating yet not that hard once you get the understanding that the tip will hold enough to not miscue.

That one bit of time, the advice from just one guy, cemented my belief in making this shot and I continue to use it. That's cool! sid

Tom_In_Cincy
05-18-2003, 10:25 AM
Sid,
Great shot.

I like to practice extreme cuts like the one you described.
I also like to be very aware of my cues (and my stoke's) limits. Many times I have hit the OB directly on line for the pocket, but not hard enough, and I just cringe seeing the OB roll right in front of the pocket and stop. OUCH.

Rod
05-18-2003, 01:16 PM
For me it's not a question of trusting the cue. I have to trust my stroke and speed. If the speed is wrong for my aim line then the shot can go sour in a hurry. If anything the tip could be in question, but I assume we like our tips.
I have to be very still during this type of shot and a full complete smooth stroke. No fast moves.

Rod