PDA

View Full Version : Olhausen Accu-Fast vs. Brunswich Cushions?

Yuppie
05-18-2003, 11:26 AM
Anyone have experience with both? Explanations? Preferences?

05-18-2003, 09:13 PM
I'm a service manager for a billiard company and have worked on both types of tables. I can see no substantial difference in cushions. I would not be surprised if one company manufactures both cushions.

Anonamus
05-19-2003, 06:31 AM
If you compare the cushions side by side you will notice that the Brunswick SuperSpeed cushions have a cavity, or a groove, on the side that glues to the rail. This cavity lets the cushion collapse when a ball is shot in to it.

The Accu-Fast cushion is solid with no cavity. I think that since the cushion doesn't collapse like the SuperSpeed it makes the ball come off the rail much faster. Hence the name, Accu-Fast. If you bank a ball hard into the rail on both types of tables you can hear the difference.

I think that people who are used to playing on the Gold Crowns don't like the Accu-Fast cushions because the ball does come off the rail a lot faster.

If you are replacing existing rails you have to be aware that all cushions do not have the exact same measurements. Some are taller and deeper. This can effect the nose height, playing surface and pocket openings. I don't know what the measurements are for the Accu-Fast, but the SuperSpeed cushions are listed in the Muellers catalog.

Yuppie
05-19-2003, 08:42 AM
Thanx for the input. I was just wondering becauase I'm used to playing on a Brunswick 9' at the local pool hall. But I'm looking to get an Olhausen Drake II 9' from the local dealer. Seems like a great deal. I was just wondering if I'd notice a significant difference between the two tables as far as the rails are concerned.

What about slate? Anyone know why thicker slate is better and if I should opt for the 1" over the 3/4" on the Olhausen?

Fred Agnir
05-19-2003, 09:19 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Anonamus:</font><hr> I think that people who are used to playing on the Gold Crowns don't like the Accu-Fast cushions because the ball does come off the rail a lot faster.
<hr /></blockquote>I'll go with that. I hate playing on Olhausens because the speed off the cushions are unlike most other manufacturers. You can get used to it, but it ain't bun. IMO, of course.

Fred

Fred Agnir
05-19-2003, 09:20 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Yuppie:</font><hr>What about slate? Anyone know why thicker slate is better and if I should opt for the 1" over the 3/4" on the Olhausen? <hr /></blockquote>Opt for the thicker slate. It's sturdier, and you can jump on it. And it sounds better.

Fred