PDA

View Full Version : World Rankings?

Tom_In_Cincy
05-18-2003, 02:09 PM
USA pool doesn't stand up too well according to the WOLD rankings.

Check this out WORLD RANKINGS Men's and Women's (http://www.wpa-pool.com/rankings/rankings.htm)

Who is this women player? Shin-Mei LIU?

Korr ranked 2nd, Fisher 3rd?

And Mika Immonen 1st?

Rod
05-18-2003, 02:59 PM
Wow what a list. I don't understand those rankings at all.
Shin-Mei LIU played in Vegas, Helena Thornfeldt beat her on the winners side and loosers side. Shin finished forth.

Rod

Kato
05-18-2003, 03:17 PM
You just need to know that Sandor "Tater" Tot is ranked 27 in the world.

Kato~~~#1 Tot fan

Billy
05-18-2003, 03:38 PM
most likely the WPA list excludes independent USA events such as the US Open and others but then recognizes the IBC tour,the world championships held by Matchroom in Wales, amongst other events primarily held outside North America

the reason we see so few americans?

Rod
05-18-2003, 05:49 PM
Your most likely right. After all it is called The World Pool Association.

MarkUrsel
05-19-2003, 09:02 AM
Those rankings were also as of 1/31/2003. Almost four months old. And I didn't seem myself on the list? WTF??? Oh, there I am, it's just my name is spelled U-R-S-E-L, not B-U-S-T-A-M-A-N-T-E. Damned typos. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

snipershot
05-19-2003, 11:51 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Tom_In_Cincy:</font><hr> USA pool doesn't stand up too well according to the WOLD rankings.

<hr /></blockquote>

I could've told you that a long time ago /ccboard/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

Just kidding, but the Border Battle isn't that far down the road. As for the rankings, they must exclude most of the tournaments in America because something sure isn't right...Alex Pagulayan was ranked 34th /ccboard/images/graemlins/confused.gif. I usually just go by the money leaders to see who is playing the best(and most often) but even AZ billiards money list is inaccurate so who knows.

Tom_In_Cincy
05-19-2003, 12:06 PM
LOL.. my name showed up just below 19,897,985 in the rankings, but above kato's