PDA

View Full Version : Imagine this.....

Karatemom
05-18-2003, 11:27 PM
A gorgeous, lightly browned, basted with olive oil, calzone, stuffed with your choice of peppers, onions, sausage, pepperoni, black olives, provolone, mozzarella cheese. That's what we had for dinner tonite, and I made it from scratch. It didn't even come out of a box!! LOL. It was delicious. Neither one of us could finish it so that's our dinner tomorrow night, too.

So the next time any of you happen to land in corn country, you are invited to a manicotti, calzone, garlic bread dinner that will blow you away!! Of course, you'll have to bring the wine, only have MGD and Coke here, LOL.

Heide ~ official Italian wife now

nAz
05-19-2003, 12:10 AM
Funny thats what i had for lunch today, calzone w/ham at my local pizzaria just before i went to the movies.
I was so stuffed i could not even eat my pop corn /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif only thing is yours sounds like it tasted better then mine.
never had a home made one before.

Tom_In_Cincy
05-19-2003, 06:24 AM
Heide (aka 'super mom')

How do you have time for cooking such great sounding food, after doing all the yard work and keep track of Christ and Chris.

I want to know your secret... I need more energy.. you must share your secret... /ccboard/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

9 Ball Girl
05-19-2003, 11:22 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Karatemom:</font><hr> So the next time any of you happen to land in corn country, you are invited to a manicotti, calzone, garlic bread dinner that will blow you away!! Of course, you'll have to bring the wine, only have MGD and Coke here, LOL.
<hr /></blockquote>

Um, can you make me a Chicken Kiev when I stop over? /ccboard/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

Karatemom
05-19-2003, 12:13 PM
Well, I kind of cheated on the yard work, (didn't do it), LOL. Keeping track of Chris is easy since he's always home. Keeping track of Christ, that's another story for another day, LOL. The last thing to remember is, don't cook such a great meal so often, that way, when you do, they'll appreciate it that much more, hahahahahahaha.

Heide ~ got a whopping &lt;3 hours of sleep last night and have a busy day today

Karatemom
05-19-2003, 12:15 PM
Yep, I've made those before, but just can't get the breading the way that we like it. Still has some work to do on that. But the Italian food that I cook is the best around, if I do say so myself, LOL.

Heide

Karatemom
05-19-2003, 12:16 PM
I love calzones. They're not as hard as you might think to make either. The hardest part is getting the dough to stay together on the edges, LOL.

Heide ~ knew I married an Italian man for some reason, LOL

Rod
05-19-2003, 12:53 PM
That sounds good but can I leave off the olives and real light on the peppers? What sauce did you use.? Ah garlic bread my fav.

~~~ rod, absolutely hates olives.

Karatemom
05-19-2003, 08:05 PM
I don't like olives either, but am acquiring a taste for green pappers. I just used Ragu Traditional flavored with Meat Sauce. The others just don't taste right.

Heide ~ loves garlic bread, too

WesK
05-19-2003, 09:29 PM
Yum.

WesK
05-19-2003, 09:32 PM
...of course, one of the "secrets" is to refrigerate the suckers after one breads them.

It is important to get the crust to "set".

wes

eg8r
05-20-2003, 05:33 AM
[ QUOTE ]
It is important to get the crust to "set". <hr /></blockquote> I was always told it was "important" to stay out of the kitchen.

eg8r

Wally_in_Cincy
05-20-2003, 08:34 AM
What do you put in your manicotti? Any Italian secrets? /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

I think the first time I made it I used the recipe on the Creamettes box. I have tweaked it a bit each time since then.

Ground beef
Ricotta
Mozzarella
chopped parsley
an egg
a bit of Parmesan I think
can't remember any more /ccboard/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

WesK
05-20-2003, 08:55 AM
True.

Chris Cass
05-20-2003, 09:42 AM
Hey nAz,

You ever get hungry, stop on by.

Regards,

C.C.~~inbetween Dr. appointments. /ccboard/images/graemlins/confused.gif

Chris Cass
05-20-2003, 09:49 AM
Hi Wally,

Add a touch of powdered coffee creamer, maybe 1/4 cup. Depending on the amount your making. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Regards,

C.C.~~just learned how to make fried Chicken. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Kato
05-20-2003, 10:05 AM
But have your learned how to make a cup of REAL coffee CassMan?

Kato~~~knows Cass has the coffee, knows Cass has the power, does not know if Cass has the stomach.

Chris Cass
05-20-2003, 10:33 AM
Oh Kato,

Thank you so much for the coffee and the coffee grinder. The stomach? I only have 1/4th but it's warm from that delicious coffee.

Oh, by the way, thanks for letting me know it was a coffee grinder. The owner at the PH was getting sore with me after grinding up 4 red circles. How did i know? I thought it was a one ball cleaner. /ccboard/images/graemlins/shocked.gif

Regards,

C.C.~~brothers till it's over...

Kato
05-20-2003, 10:53 AM
Good, that pleases me that you're able. I just added 2 new coffee's to my collection yesterday, Amaretto and Georgia Pecan.

Kato~~~owner of 32 coffee's and a minor addiction.

Tom_In_Cincy
05-20-2003, 12:03 PM
RJ,

Did you know its forbidden (according to the Bible) for women to make coffee?
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
HEBREW

Karatemom
05-20-2003, 12:11 PM
Don't you know we Italian families never tell our secrets, hahahahahahaha, j/k.

My manicotti is by memory as well. I use ricotta, parmesan, mozzarella cheeses, 2 to 3 eggs, depending on how much I'm making, little bit of Italian spices, oregano and parsley, noodles and sauce. Haven't made it in a while, but have all the makings here, whenever I have time!! /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Heide ~ never tried it with ground beef before.

Karatemom
05-20-2003, 12:14 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Kato:</font><hr> Kato~~~owner of 32 coffee's and a minor addiction. <hr /></blockquote> I'd say more like obsessive-compulsive! LOL

Heide ~ hates coffee

Kato
05-20-2003, 02:35 PM
I make my own, grinding my own beans along the way. In addition I always feel a twinge of guilt when I'm in someone's home and they serve me.

Kato~~~is not obsessive compulsive, is becoming a coffee eficianado /ccboard/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Hopster
05-20-2003, 04:48 PM
I don't like olives either, but am acquiring a taste for green pappers. I just used Ragu Traditional flavored with Meat Sauce. The others just don't taste right. &lt;--Heidi

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhh, noooooooooooooo. Ragu !! I got to teach you how to make a simple marinara sauce, takes 15 mins and beats that garbage out of the jar.
Listen to a nice Italian boy from NYC. Never go wrong.

Rod
05-20-2003, 07:08 PM
Heide,

I don't drink coffee either. It's not so much that I hate it because certain grinds are pretty good. The problem is if I drink it I get all wired up from the caffeine. I could drink it in the morning and not sleep at night! LOL Same goes for chocolate, cokes etc. Some are not as bad but I just avoid caffiene.

~~~Rod, does have a snickers bar once in a while