PDA

View Full Version : Best custom cue maker? Anyone?

datplayer
05-19-2003, 09:49 AM
Just curious to know everyone's opinion on who makes the best cue within the $500-$1200 range. I know of some, but so many makers take over a year to wait. Any opinions?

Rich R.
05-19-2003, 09:59 AM
There is NO best cue maker. There are many very good cue makers and you will find many, but not all, of them listed here.
http://www.cuemakers.org/
The better cue makers all have waiting lists.

cueball1950
05-20-2003, 10:03 PM
I would try russ espiritu. he puts alot of work into his cues for less money. pm me if you are interested and i can put you in touch with someone who can get you one right away and at a discount......................mike

dg-in-centralpa
05-21-2003, 06:47 PM
I agree with Rich R.There is no BEST cuemaker. It is a matter of how the cue feels to you, and how it looks(inlays,points,etc). When I bought my custom stick, I tried several different cues(Schuler,Jacoby, plus a couple others). All were fine cues. I wanted a certain feel, certain hit, and a certain look. I did find what I wanted and paid plenty for it and I'm not disappointed. Try a few and see what you like. Good Luck!

Yuppie
05-22-2003, 10:51 AM
Google Directory (http://dmoz.org/Shopping/Sports/Billiards/Cues_and_Cue_Cases/) <-- Another good place to start looking.

dooziexx
05-22-2003, 01:46 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote datplayer:</font><hr> Just curious to know everyone's opinion on who makes the best cue within the $500-$1200 range. I know of some, but so many makers take over a year to wait. Any opinions? <hr /></blockquote>

I deal in cues and have access to some well known custom cuemakers offering huge discounts. Email me at dooziexx@yahoo.com if you are interested. Thanks.

06-08-2003, 03:27 PM
This is going to sound a bit odd, but I think its normal for there to be a bit of in state loyalty. For example, being from Texas, its not uncommon to notice that many of the good players in Central Texas play with custom cues made in Texas (Oliver, Richard Black, Joss West). This is not a state pride kind of thing, only that word of mouth goes a long way, and when you try a top quality custom cue, you usually want to buy it.